Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   USB Ipod Cut-Out (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228499)

cgio07 06-04-2012 05:32 PM

USB Ipod Cut-Out

While I'm driving with my Ipod connected to the USB port in my center console sometimes the sound cuts out, almost like a scratched CD. Anybody know why this might be? Car is brand new only has 430 miles on it and I've had it for about a week.

RnellyC 06-04-2012 06:08 PM

happens every now and then... usually I have to unplug it and plug it back in. not quite sure what the reason is tho :iono:

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-05-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgio07 (Post 5071458)
While I'm driving with my Ipod connected to the USB port in my center console sometimes the sound cuts out, almost like a scratched CD. Anybody know why this might be? Car is brand new only has 430 miles on it and I've had it for about a week.

On page 7-17 in your owner's manual it states:

Connecting and Controlling an iPodŽ
Not all iPods can be controlled bythe infotainment system.

Connecting an iPod Connect the iPod to the USB portusing the cable that came with thedevice.

If you continue to have issues with your sound, the best thing to do is to get it diagnosed by the dealership.

I hope this information helped!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

wreeseelkins 06-05-2012 02:53 PM

im wanting to think that i have heard of a software update for that but i cant find it right now. the best thing would be to call the dealer and ask if there is an update for your usb/mutimedia unit.

Sir Nuke 06-05-2012 03:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wreeseelkins (Post 5077088)
im wanting to think that i have heard of a software update for that but i cant find it right now. the best thing would be to call the dealer and ask if there is an update for your usb/mutimedia unit.

if you are have issues, there is a TSB and here it is.

Attachment 381219

it even has the RIGHT GM P/N to get installed so that you WILL have the latest adn greatest Hardware/Software for the system. You will end up with the DB/DD.....

Attachment 381220

Fraxum 06-06-2012 09:25 PM

Still a problem with the 2012s?

Sir Nuke 06-07-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraxum (Post 5085615)
Still a problem with the 2012s?

if you are using an I-anything.....there is a good chance you will end up having some sort of problem. I'm NOT bashing Apple products....I say that becasue its people that have those devices that are having the static proplems, and no one else that I know of, regardless of the year their car is..

fldrummer 07-09-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nuke (Post 5077356)
if you are have issues, there is a TSB and here it is.

Attachment 381219

it even has the RIGHT GM P/N to get installed so that you WILL have the latest adn greatest Hardware/Software for the system. You will end up with the DB/DD.....

Attachment 381220

That's great and all... if you're still under warranty. What about the rest of us? Are we all SOL and have to be ready for the dealer to screw us over? :mad0260:

Sir Nuke 07-09-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fldrummer (Post 5261864)
That's great and all... if you're still under warranty. What about the rest of us? Are we all SOL and have to be ready for the dealer to screw us over? :mad0260:

if you're unlucky enough to have the problem rear its ugly head, and your warrantee has expired, yes, you are SOL.......just like any other problem you have with you8 car. BUT you can still download the TSB and read it.....it will give you the instructions on how to verify which Hardware/Software versions you have.....and you can always buy the P/N thats on the top of the TSB I uploaded earlier and install it.....its totally a PLUG-N-PLAY swap....no reprograming to be done.

fldrummer 07-09-2012 11:36 PM

Thanks, but I cannot seem to find any pics of what this part looks like, let alone how/where it is installed. If anyone can point me in the right direction, please let me (and the rest of us unlucky out-of-warranty ones) know. :iono: Thanks again.

BTW, I've tried pushing and holding the menu button down with my iPod connected, but I still can't get the software screen to display, let alone select iPod from the source button. It just skips over that option. Ughhh

Sir Nuke 07-10-2012 12:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fldrummer (Post 5263476)
Thanks, but I cannot seem to find any pics of what this part looks like, let alone how/where it is installed. If anyone can point me in the right direction, please let me (and the rest of us unlucky out-of-warranty ones) know. :iono: Thanks again.

BTW, I've tried pushing and holding the menu button down with my iPod connected, but I still can't get the software screen to display, let alone select iPod from the source button. It just skips over that option. Ughhh

This is what the module looks like:

Attachment 396177

its installed within the console......you unplug the old one, and plug in the new one. its just that simple.

First: Turn on the Ignition, Turn on the Radio, you connect any device to the usb port. then using the selection wheel on the steering wheel, or the selection button on the radio, select "USB".

Second: hold down the menu/select button for 8 - 10 seconds and the display will display the HW/SW versions of your radio.

fldrummer 07-10-2012 07:52 AM

I guess I'll have to try a different usb device then because when I have the ipod plugged in and I hit the selection/source button, the only options that come up are AM,FM, XM, and Auxiliary Input Jack; no "USB" or "iPod." :iono: ...So You're saying the entire unit installs behind the arm rest? I assume those install instructions come with the part, right?

Sir Nuke 07-10-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fldrummer (Post 5264174)
I guess I'll have to try a different usb device then because when I have the ipod plugged in and I hit the selection/source button, the only options that come up are AM,GM, XM, and Auxiliary Input Jack; no "USB" or "iPod." :iono: ...So You're saying the entire unit installs behind the arm rest? I assume those install instructions come with the part, right?

OK, it should have come up, but who knows at this point. Just plug in a flash drive with some music in mp3.

The picture your looking at above is what you would get if you were to buy the entire PDIM Acc. kit, which gives you the complete wiring harrnes insturctions and the module. All you would be buying it the PDIM module, so all you would be getting is the black box in the middle of the picture, because that is all you need. and yes, the module in under the console. If you are going to do it yourself, I would try to find some pictures within a service manual to guide you in the process....or maybe someone here that has their instructions and could scan them or if they have them in pdf format and could upload them here.

EDIT: I found you some detailed insturctions, with pictures how to remove the console and you can see where the module is, its in the #15 picture of the instructions.....just take that one out and replace with the new one. plug everything back in and reinstall.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77662

just remember, these are instruction to install the module into a car that never had a USB port, which is why they talk about having the system "reprogramed"....yours already is.....so the replacment of the PDIM module is a true PLUG-N-PLAY job as you are just swapping out the module.

Bluffen 07-11-2012 01:55 PM

I had that crackling noise also, thought it was speakers going bad, Chevy replaced all 4 but the noise came back. Found out my amp was defected. I bought a new more powerful one and its working fine now