Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Vector Motorsports PowerFlash Tune & Roto-Fab CAI Videos (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40358)

ralyrat 09-01-2009 04:50 PM

Vector Motorsports PowerFlash Tune & Roto-Fab CAI Videos

:

Just received my ECM/TCM Tune with the Roto Fab CAI Package from Vector Motorsports for my 2010 Camaro SS/RS L99 A6.

I Installed the software on my laptop, plugged the cable into my Camaro, downloaded the Stock ECM & TCM files then emailed them Vector.

About the time I had the Roto-Fab CAI installed the Tuned Files were emailed back to me. Plugged the cable back into the Camaro and uploaded the new Tuned ECM & TCM files.

This is now a completely different car. The Tune has greatly improved throttle response, the shifts are amazing.

The sound of the engine with CAI is perfect. I find it hard to believe the GM would do so much to the stock air box to limit engine sound.

The transmission calibration has about 50% torque management in drive & 25% in Sport & Manual.

This L99 Calibration is still in development right now. They are still working on the cam phaser part of the software, so I'm sure there is a lot more to come.

For me the PowerFlash Tuner made the most sense.

I can do everything myself in less than the time it takes to drive to the local Dyno Tuner.

Not having to pay the ridiculous prices that local Tuners were charging for an initial Tune and then more money to retune after I added something new to the car. This is where I think you can save a lot of money.

Vector has done the testing, they have the tunes. I will just have to email Vector and let them know what I am changing and they will email me the new adjusted tune. FOR FREE!!!!

Having the ability to upload the factory stock tune is an added plus if I will ever need to… when my brother wants to use it for the weekend. After letting him drive the car before and after the tune, he now wants to have his 2000 C5 Vette Vector Tuned.

Later, I'm going for a drive.

SwiftCat 09-01-2009 11:55 PM

Great post, man. I'm debating whether to go with Vector or to drive 2 hours from my place to visit one of the best GM tuners in the state.
The bottom line is though, that for the money it is VERY tempting to have a tune with free upgrades, have it stealth to help with warranty work, to receive it in such a convenient manner, and to have the ability to switch back to stock if needed...very tempting indeed!

:confused0068::thumbsup:

ralyrat 09-02-2009 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwiftCat (Post 874135)
Great post, man. I'm debating whether to go with Vector or to drive 2 hours from my place to visit one of the best GM tuners in the state.
The bottom line is though, that for the money it is VERY tempting to have a tune with free upgrades, have it stealth to help with warranty work, to receive it in such a convenient manner, and to have the ability to switch back to stock if needed...very tempting indeed!

I too was debating it for awhile, but after visiting some of the G8 boards online and
reading what other VMS customers had to say it was an easy decision.

Do the research, you will buy, and then you will see why…. Vector Motorsports!

CamaroSpike23 09-02-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ralyrat (Post 872105)

Just received my ECM/TCM Tune with the Roto Fab CAI Package from Vector Motorsports for my 2010 Camaro SS/RS L99 M6.

how did you get the L99 with an M6?

seriously tho. :thumbsup:

ralyrat 09-02-2009 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 874778)
how did you get the L99 with an M6?

seriously tho. :thumbsup:

Sorry, A6.:facepalm:

Steve@Vectormotorsports 09-02-2009 03:38 PM

:thumbup:

Nice vids!

khislop007 09-06-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwiftCat (Post 874135)

:word:

Swift, sounds like this is what we need for our ARH LTs and Borla!

SwiftCat 09-07-2009 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khislop007 (Post 892096)
:word:

Swift, sounds like this is what we need for our ARH LTs and Borla!

I'm very tempted, my man...in fact, I'm checking into it this next week. :headbang:

SwiftCat 09-07-2009 12:33 AM

I'm sooo torn though, lol...my funds are getting limited, but I'm on the list for the RevolutionSS hood, and I just can't pass up the price they're offering me for the group buy on it. Maybe I'll cave and stick them both on my credit card. :iono::mad0259:.........:happyanim:

khislop007 09-07-2009 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwiftCat (Post 892717)
I'm sooo torn though, lol...my funds are getting limited, but I'm on the list for the RevolutionSS hood, and I just can't pass up the price they're offering me for the group buy on it. Maybe I'll cave and stick them both on my credit card. :iono::mad0259:.........:happyanim:

Yeah I missed out on that group buy. I saw it yesterday but that was too late. :cry:

I'm in on the LS7 wheels so I might have to put the hood off for a bit.

I'll tell the wife I want the tune for Christmas :thumbup:

Ject 09-11-2009 02:01 PM

hmm tempting. I'll have to look more into this, might be the way i want to go.

chris rs ss 09-12-2009 05:46 PM

how much?

mlee 09-12-2009 05:49 PM

I'm sold... would be cool if those Vids were D versus M modes...

thesnoopster 09-12-2009 06:32 PM

Nice!!!! I wanna be down like that.....how many pennies does it take? :w00t: