Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   My 1LE Order (confirmed) progress: From order to delivery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244796)

BRM1LE 08-20-2012 10:11 AM

Found this for GM Distribution Notes this morning:

Updates for Camaro

Week of 8/20/2012

Effective 8/20/2012, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

• Coupe Mechanical section-Added "Brakes, Brembo". It is "S" on 1SS, 2SS and ZL1.
  • Coupe Mechanical section-Added "Rear wheel drive". It is "S" on all equipment groups.
  • Coupe Mechanical section-(1LE) SS Performance Package, updated footnote 1 to now read "Requires (AFJ) Black Sport Cloth interior. Not available with (MX0) 6-speed automatic transmission, any stripe package or any LPO wheels." Also, added a footnote 2 that reads "Requires (AFM) Black front leather seating surfaces interior. Not available with (MX0) 6-speed automatic transmission, any stripe package or any LPO wheels." and applies to 2SS.
  • Convertible Mechanical section-Added "Brakes, Brembo". It is "S" on 1SS, 2SS and ZL1.
  • Convertible Mechanical section-Added "Rear wheel drive". It is "S" on all equipment groups.
So black interior it is.....

MarkSS 08-20-2012 10:14 AM

:sm0::sm0:I am just glad that it is now officially rear wheel drive.... that had me worried.

BRM1LE 08-20-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkSS (Post 5467445)
:sm0::sm0:I am just glad that it is now officially rear wheel drive.... that had me worried.

Total deal breaker for me! I wanted mine in FWD!!!

MarkSS 08-20-2012 10:22 AM

Also, I have had a 1LE order number for 17 weeks already and figure it will be at least 6 more before it is in... hopefully not 12. We will know more tomorrow.

SUKXOST 08-20-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkSS (Post 5467478)
Also, I have had a 1LE order number for 17 weeks already and figure it will be at least 6 more before it is in... hopefully not 12. We will know more tomorrow.

Who did you take a shot in the mouth from to get an order in that long ago? LOL

MarkSS 08-20-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUKXOST (Post 5467754)
Who did you take a shot in the mouth from to get an order in that long ago? LOL

There was a brief window on the first couple of days where they took a few orders... that then sat there forever... so not much difference from anyone else, just greater wait time.

It sounds like mine will move off of 1100 tomorrow though. I will update if and when that happens.

By the way, nice color choice! I ordered white as well, though I did a 1SS.

SUKXOST 08-20-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkSS (Post 5468110)
There was a brief window on the first couple of days where they took a few orders... that then sat there forever... so not much difference from anyone else, just greater wait time.

It sounds like mine will move off of 1100 tomorrow though. I will update if and when that happens.

By the way, nice color choice! I ordered white as well, though I did a 1SS.

by "move off of 1100 tomorrow" you mean what?
These white ones are gong to get a lot of attention! Already have plans for yours?

Lio Martinez 08-20-2012 01:24 PM

[QUOTE=BRM1LE;5467428]Found this for GM Distribution Notes this morning:

Updates for Camaro

Week of 8/20/2012

Effective 8/20/2012, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

• Coupe Mechanical section-Added "Brakes, Brembo". It is "S" on 1SS, 2SS and ZL1.
  • Coupe Mechanical section-Added "Rear wheel drive". It is "S" on all equipment groups.
  • Coupe Mechanical section-(1LE) SS Performance Package, updated footnote 1 to now read "Requires (AFJ) Black Sport Cloth interior. Not available with (MX0) 6-speed automatic transmission, any stripe package or any LPO wheels." Also, added a footnote 2 that reads "Requires (AFM) Black front leather seating surfaces interior. Not available with (MX0) 6-speed automatic transmission, any stripe package or any LPO wheels." and applies to 2SS.
  • Convertible Mechanical section-Added "Brakes, Brembo". It is "S" on 1SS, 2SS and ZL1.
  • Convertible Mechanical section-Added "Rear wheel drive". It is "S" on all equipment
    groups.
So black interior it is.....[/QUOT

Godamn it ........ All I wanted it to make it perfect was the inferno orange iinterior and they denied to me... Damn it Chevy as if it was so hard to place Orange interior on the 1le

MarkSS 08-20-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUKXOST (Post 5468133)
by "move off of 1100 tomorrow" you mean what?
These white ones are gong to get a lot of attention! Already have plans for yours?

I grabbed the following from another post on this site, it lists all the event codes an order goes through before the burnout leaving the dealership...

1100, Preliminary order accepted
2000, Order accepted by GM
2030, Order re-edited (if necessary)
2051, Order changed thru Web
2500, Order preferenced
3000, Order accepted by production control
3100, Order available to sequence
3300, Order scheduled for production
3400, Order broadcast
3800, Order produced
4000, Available to ship
4104, Bailment Invoice
4200, Shipped
4300, Intermediate Delivery
4B00, Bayed

5000, Delivered to the dealer
6000, Delivered to the customer

This info is available to your dealer, but I don't think the online order tracker gets this specific. I am hoping for a move from "Preliminary Order Accepted" status tomorrow and believe it will move to at least 2000, if not 2500. The online tracker gives basically the same info... but without the numbers attached, as far as I can tell. I have never done the online tracking, but I am with this car, as well as getting updates from the dealership.

edit: Those who received the initial 2010 cars or ZL1s are likely to be painfully aware of these steps...

cbass 08-20-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Godamn it ........ All I wanted it to make it perfect was the inferno orange iinterior and they denied to me... Damn it Chevy as if it was so hard to place Orange interior on the 1le
I'm about fed up with GM myself. I am thinking about pulling the order I have that isn't picked up. If the ordering system is this big of a mess, then I don't know that I want to be in the first batch of 1LE's. I would hate to see what will need to be sorted with the first production batches.

SUKXOST 08-20-2012 05:50 PM

WILL BE ADDED WITHIN DAYS OF DELIVERY:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l45/relkcib/TVS.png

After discussion with someone in the know.....I think I'll pass on headers and cam. I'd like to maintain warranty if possible(some dealers ARE warrantying issues that are not related to SC) I'm told that a CAI will void warranty(unless I reinstall stocker before service). Additionally, I'm told that if headers and CAI will require new injectors; tuning and assuredly void warranty(to INCLUDE the TVS SC) :P

Someone talk me into or out of either path! The stock air box looks like a battered asshole and "canned" tunes are usually not cracked up to what they should be. So if I have to tune and increase intake air to get full HP potential.....why NOT add headers!?!

UGH......Thinking out loud :( It's about $ and what I want.....but I don't know. LOL Talk to me goose.

caverman 08-20-2012 06:00 PM

I'm confused with your post. Not sure what you're asking about.

I will say that I don't think your "someone in the know" actually knows about the LS3. I can tell you 100% without a doubt that headers and a CAI will NOT require new injectors. All you need to do is surf the V8 sub forum. Every other thread asks about headers and a tune.

An intake does not require a tune but that doesn't mean a tune wouldn't help. Same with headers....it's technically not required but you will have CEL come on and your air/fuel mixture won't be optimized.

You can always go with a set of SOLO or JBA high flow cats instead of headers for now. Those don't require a tune but you'll only get about 20 rwhp vs about 30-35 rwhp with headers.

My best advice is for you to do more research. You probably need to start looking around in the V8 section. These questions get asked constantly.

Lio Martinez 08-20-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkSS (Post 5468470)
I grabbed the following from another post on this site, it lists all the event codes an order goes through before the burnout leaving the dealership...

1100, Preliminary order accepted
2000, Order accepted by GM
2030, Order re-edited (if necessary)
2051, Order changed thru Web
2500, Order preferenced
3000, Order accepted by production control
3100, Order available to sequence
3300, Order scheduled for production
3400, Order broadcast
3800, Order produced
4000, Available to ship
4104, Bailment Invoice
4200, Shipped
4300, Intermediate Delivery
4B00, Bayed

5000, Delivered to the dealer
6000, Delivered to the customer

This info is available to your dealer, but I don't think the online order tracker gets this specific. I am hoping for a move from "Preliminary Order Accepted" status tomorrow and believe it will move to at least 2000, if not 2500. The online tracker gives basically the same info... but without the numbers attached, as far as I can tell. I have never done the online tracking, but I am with this car, as well as getting updates from the dealership.

edit: Those who received the initial 2010 cars or ZL1s are likely to be painfully aware of these steps...

Damn Man that is quite a long way .... In which website can I put the pre order acceptance code to let me know how things are going ?

garcmol 08-20-2012 06:06 PM

Guys, you can track your orders right here

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31115

Post with your workbench number (NPQ sumthin, sumthin sumthin or equivilant), and Becky updates with a status in the same thread.

The magic number in all those codes, well other than delivered 6000, is 2000. Taht is "GM accepted"

And yes, way back in 2009 I remember following my car along the build process. Unfortunately, that took 8 months to complete :(