Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southwest (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Curt's 1969 Camaro Project (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101313)

Ivan @ Southwest Speed 09-03-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocikat (Post 2295225)
havn't seen any recent updates !!:popcorn:

That's word right there....

Break Bread CJ!!
Ivan :thumbup:

cjingle 09-04-2010 06:07 PM

Not much to update. The Camaro is on the lift in the Paint Shop. One of the Body Techs has been assigned (ordered by Jim) to start work. He is to perform some metal work underneath to clean up the floor pan replacement that I had done back in 1989.

The subframe is to go out for sand blasting hopefully this coming week. Once done, it'll get cleaned up (metal work) and painted.

Once the underneath is complete, it'll get primed, undercoated, primed, and painted.

Then, the real work will begin. The new parts will be added.

Speaking of parts, a bunch more came in. Mostly bolts, fuel line, brake lines, etc. Stuff we didn't think we needed until tear down.

I'm now starting to feel the pinch. Alot of $$s going into this now.

andredmg 09-04-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjingle (Post 2297312)
Not much to update. The Camaro is on the lift in the Paint Shop. One of the Body Techs has been assigned (ordered by Jim) to start work. He is to perform some metal work underneath to clean up the floor pan replacement that I had done back in 1989.

The subframe is to go out for sand blasting hopefully this coming week. Once done, it'll get cleaned up (metal work) and painted.

Once the underneath is complete, it'll get primed, undercoated, primed, and painted.

Then, the real work will begin. The new parts will be added.

Speaking of parts, a bunch more came in. Mostly bolts, fuel line, brake lines, etc. Stuff we didn't think we needed until tear down.

I'm now starting to feel the pinch. Alot of $$s going into this now.

It'll all be worth it when its all done!!! I got shot gun!:headbang:

Ocikat 09-04-2010 08:05 PM

Post photos of the bolts !! :sm0::bellyroll:

We wanna see something!

Muscle Master 09-04-2010 11:11 PM

If you don't mind.. how much was your budget? and how much did you go over?

Ivan @ Southwest Speed 09-04-2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscle Master (Post 2298058)

Alot...alot... :D

Those questions are like askin what color underwear somebody's wife is wearin.

I can tell you that Southwest Speed saved him a handful of Jacksons on his Autometer setup... :thumbup:

It's going to be a nice project and sick ride when he's done. It was already a nice car.

-Ivan :headbang:

cjingle 09-05-2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

I budgeted $25k. That was to include labor. However, this is what I have just in parts. It's amazing how quickly they add up. I'm even getting them at Jim's cost with no shipping charges :clap:.

So, if you're thinking of doing something like this, keep that in mind.

By the way, up to this point, I only have $15k into the car as it stands (this is 1989 dollars). By the time I'm finished, I'll have about $50k into it :facepalm:. That's the price of a new 2010 Camaro with a bunch of goodies added :sm0:.

Bethgrce 09-05-2010 12:39 PM

But it will be well worth that!!!!

Ocikat 09-05-2010 08:08 PM

Just about anybody can buy a new Camaro but only Curt will have a one of a kind 69rs :thumbup:, perhaps we should do a fundraiser:help:

2010 BADSS 09-06-2010 03:01 PM

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::thumbsup:

Muscle Master 09-06-2010 03:42 PM

My dad found a abandon Plymouth barracuda:confused0068:

a lot of body work needs to be done, paint is fadding and about 15% rust towards the rear.. the engine is shot (a good thing :evil:)
on

Only reason it's not in our garage is because I would like to focus on school this semester and he really want to make this a father-son thing.. but I'm just busy

Don''t get me wrong.. instead of going to school, I would to play grease monkey but I gotta get into this nursing program first!!!

cjingle 09-06-2010 05:35 PM

Barracuda, nice! I've always liked the Cuda.

Now, that would be a money pit!

cjingle 09-07-2010 06:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Metal work has begun!

Bryan has started "cutting" :facepalm: up the 69 Camaro. He's trimming the metal around where the floor pans were welded in back in 1989. There will be some patch work done, then body filler, primer, undercoating, primer, and finally paint. This is just the underneath of the car!

In any case, I finally got some pictures to post! :happyanim:

cjingle 09-07-2010 06:22 PM

Engine

2 Attachment(s)
This is where the 383 Stroker came from! :w00t:

The guy needed more power in his Corvette and purchased a $10k NASCAR motor. Plus, he put another $5 - 10k into it. This is a bad ass Corvette. This past SMS Track Day, he came out of no where and was on my ass! :mad0259:

Anyway, he tells me the 383 can put out 500 HP. It has Vortec heads, roller cams, one piece crank, and more. He told me the engine is a good one and it's going into the 69! :happyanim:

Once we get it into the car, we'll take it over to Motiva and tune and dyno it to get the real numbers.