Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Steering wheel and shifter material? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23505)

Blacked Out 05-19-2009 07:47 PM

Steering wheel and shifter material?

I just ordered the 1 lt and i didnt get the convienience and conductivity package or the rs package(i was on a tight budget). In one of those packages they say that you get the steering wheel and shifter wrapped in leather. Since I got none of those packages what is the steering wheel and shifter made of? Im guessing plastic but is it cheap?

Smokintires 05-19-2009 07:53 PM

LOL its Communication and Connectivity. And yes the steering wheel is extremely cheap it is worth 10 cents. LOL JK.

LosXC451 05-19-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokintires (Post 502167)
LOL its Communication and Connectivity. And yes the steering wheel is extremely cheap it is worth 10 cents. LOL JK.

Your both wrong its Convenience and Connectivity. And I'm pretty sure every shifter and steering wheel is the same no matter what. RS package and Convenience and connectivity do not change any of these interior items.
BUT since you got 1LT you will be getting cloth seats instead of leather

mikenmar 05-19-2009 09:48 PM

I got the Communication and Conductivity package.

But seriously, are you sure the steering wheel and shifter are leather in a 1LT? I had the impression those are part of the leather interior of the 2LT/2SS deal.

Indpowr 05-19-2009 10:26 PM

We can upgrade both items to leather if you like, let us know...

DSVcustoms..

mikenmar 05-19-2009 10:31 PM

According to the "Features" section of the "Build Your Own Camaro" website, the 1LT only comes with the leather steering wheel and shift knob if you get the Communism and Convexity package. Or whatever.

MTron 05-20-2009 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikenmar (Post 502814)
According to the "Features" section of the "Build Your Own Camaro" website, the 1LT only comes with the leather steering wheel and shift knob if you get the Communism and Convexity package. Or whatever.

:sm0::sm0: good one lol

MustangSlayer10 05-20-2009 01:09 AM

Yes when u get the c+c package. The steering wheel is then covered in leather. Havnt seen a car without the c+c so I'm not sure what the non leather steering wheel feels like.

nards444 05-20-2009 06:56 AM

The leather steering wheel and shifter on the 1SS comes with leather wrapped so does the 2SS. I know for sure on the 1SS because it says on the website and sees pictures. The only model that might not is the 1LT

twenty7 05-20-2009 01:24 PM

hmm.. i see a marketing scheme. LT/CC badges anyone? :sm0:

DkknightX 05-20-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indpowr (Post 502797)
We can upgrade both items to leather if you like, let us know...

DSVcustoms..

LOL! If they couldn't afford to upgrade at the factory (hence the key phrase: tight budget), how could they afford to pay your company to achieve the same results even cheaper?

Vash 05-20-2009 02:17 PM

It's a Chevy Camaro...

What did you expect exotic hardwood and stainless steel? lol??

It's made out of what every other normal gm steering wheel is made of.

nards444 05-20-2009 02:22 PM

yeah no doubt my silverado has the same thing. I get chuckle out of these people that are like my 2SS has this, but what they fail to realize is the 1SS and 2LT has the same exact crap. People the 2SS is the almost the same as the 1SS minus the leather interior and a some nerdy electronic features. And the 2SS is the same as the 2LT minus the engine. So just because you got a 2ss with leather seats and "bluetooth" technology does not make you special.

PQ 05-20-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikenmar (Post 502626)
I got the Communication and Conductivity package.

But seriously, are you sure the steering wheel and shifter are leather in a 1LT? I had the impression those are part of the leather interior of the 2LT/2SS deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikenmar (Post 502814)

...............:laughabove:

I'm got the Cadimaro package. :thumbsup: