Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Anyone have full sized spare for LS? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89314)

Vorador 06-13-2010 03:32 PM

Anyone have full sized spare for LS?

I'm planning on going on a long drive in my camaro ls in a few months and would feel more comfortable if I had a spare. Normally I don't worry, but I don't want to be stuck on the highway in the middle of no where waiting an hour for AAA to come tow me.

Has anyone bought a full sized spare for their LS? I'm wondering where is a good place to get the 18" tire + wheel for a good price. I'm planning on getting a scissor jack and lug wrench off of amazon. Also, is there a good way to tie down the tire in the trunk, since it won't fit in the wheel well?

RickRay 06-13-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorador (Post 1979448)
I'm planning on going on a long drive in my camaro ls in a few months and would feel more comfortable if I had a spare. Normally I don't worry, but I don't want to be stuck on the highway in the middle of no where waiting an hour for AAA to come tow me.

Has anyone bought a full sized spare for their LS? I'm wondering where is a good place to get the 18" tire + wheel for a good price. I'm planning on getting a scissor jack and lug wrench off of amazon. Also, is there a good way to tie down the tire in the trunk, since it won't fit in the wheel well?

You should have a spare already...:facepalm:
Whats wrong with the one you have now??

gahammerle 06-13-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickRay (Post 1979707)

No, they come standard with a can of fix of flat and a pump - no spare.

Vorador 06-13-2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickRay (Post 1979707)

I wish it came with a spare, but all the LS in my area came with the pump and sealant.

CAMAR0 06-13-2010 07:35 PM

I have a spare sitting in my garage and the compressor/fix a flat in the car. Spare tire was the only option on my car and I dont want it.

Texhawk 06-13-2010 07:36 PM

You could order the spare that comes from GM as an option.
I have one coming on my 2LT that is on order, but I have never actually seen a Camaro with the spare to see if it will fit in all locations on the car.

Texhawk 06-13-2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAMAR0 (Post 1980223)
I have a spare sitting in my garage and the compressor/fix a flat in the car. Spare tire was the only option on my car and I dont want it.

Why didn't you want it?
It fits under the floor in the trunk doesn't it?
Did GM also provide a jack?

Seems better to at least have something to put on the car to get off the highway, even if you just drive a short distance to a safe location to try to repair the full size tire.
You could always carry both.

Sir Nuke 06-13-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texhawk (Post 1980242)
Why didn't you want it?
It fits under the floor in the trunk doesn't it?
Did GM also provide a jack?

Seems better to at least have something to put on the car to get off the highway, even if you just drive a short distance to a safe location to try to repair the full size tire.
You could always carry both.

If you order the spare for the camaro, YES, if fits under the floor in the trunk, and YES, if your ordered the spare you DO get a jack with it.

RickRay 06-13-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texhawk (Post 1980229)
You could order the spare that comes from GM as an option.
I have one coming on my 2LT that is on order, but I have never actually seen a Camaro with the spare to see if it will fit in all locations on the car.

It wasn't an option for me :mad0259: It came with the car...:iono:

OUR72GTO 06-14-2010 12:12 AM

Ebay.........................

CAMAR0 06-16-2010 09:34 PM

I had one.

CAMAR0 06-16-2010 09:36 PM

The GTO spare looked alot nicer, not that it matters :)

Eric's Blue 06-17-2010 12:19 AM

I should have my factory 18's off shortly... wasnt sure if people would buy them for spares or not?

justonemic 01-28-2011 04:38 PM

my 2011 ls came with a full sized spare. This thread made me actually go take a look to see what was under that carpet area. I don't have a can of fix a flat, or a jack.just a spare