Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Special title/screenname color for dealers (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10924)

MerF 12-24-2008 10:29 AM

Special title/screenname color for dealers

The title pretty much explains my suggestion. We have a few VERY dedicated dealers on Camaro5, and they offer us a LOT of insider info when they are allowed. Most of them have themselves recognized with avatars and signatures. The problem is, the average forum browser/visitor won't actually research a question before they ask it, or arbitrarily trust a person's announced status.

So, as an average user of Camaro5, I petition that the admins give a special forum ranking and/or a unique color to the dealers. Not to give them any sort of extra permissions, just to help them stand out as more than just another poster on the forum.

I firmly believe this would be a great token of our appreciation, and if it helps them justify their statements which for the most part have been amazing, then I say why not?

As far as proving who they are...I guess that would have to be decided by the admin team but I can't imagine it's that difficult to prove their stature.

NAHURRY 12-24-2008 10:47 AM

This would be a great idea:clap:

Camaro_Corvette 12-24-2008 10:59 AM

:w00t: Some people could be friends with a dealer in their area and not even know it.

MerF 12-27-2008 02:52 PM

I will not be ignored!!!

NAHURRY 12-27-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerF (Post 226527)
I will not be ignored!!!

yall heard the man...... now reply!:):wave:

Camaro_Corvette 12-29-2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerF (Post 226527)
I will not be ignored!!!

It is being ignored:sm0:

CamaroScotty 12-29-2008 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerF (Post 224913)
So, as an average user of Camaro5, I petition that the admins give a special forum ranking and/or a unique color to the dealers.

1627 posts.....You're hardly an average user!! ;)

MerF 12-29-2008 05:31 PM

<3

CamaroSpike23 12-29-2008 05:51 PM

I agree with the idea. but just like you said....

Quote:

the average forum browser/visitor won't actually research a question before they ask it, or arbitrarily trust a person's announced status.
they might not trust a persons "site granted status" either.

but, im for it regardless.

I still think an info rating system would be cool. tho it would be a pita to track

zebra 12-29-2008 06:17 PM

that sounds like great idea to me!

OUR72GTO 12-29-2008 06:27 PM

Ya ...it took me a month at hours a day to get up to speed on who really knew what on here. Great idea. As we all get closer to Feb this site is going to get really swamped with people who did not read the back ground.

Camaro_Corvette 12-29-2008 06:31 PM

I like the rating system idea as well, and allow it to go negative that way we know never to listen to anything somebody says.

MerF 12-29-2008 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 228339)
I still think an info rating system would be cool. tho it would be a pita to track

But it's not. As a matter of fact the code is inherent in this forum, just dormant. The admins would simply have to set upt he rules for it and enable it. I've been on a few forums that had a "rep" system and it is fun, if nothing else.

Sure it can be abused, and it's slightly gimmicky...but it's something goofy to do when you're trolling around and over time can definitely highlight the people who are helpful and those who are not.

I digress, that's another topic. The point is, for the newcomer to the forum a way to have the dealers stand-out is still a great idea.

Someone feedback, even if it's just a mod saying Tran or Mark at least acknowledges this section of the forum exists!

MerF 01-01-2009 04:37 PM

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...s-are-busy.jpg
I feel like LOLcats have taken over!