Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Motorsports Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Mid-Ohio F-Body Gathering -- 9/17/11 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125763)

MrsLT1PWRD 01-24-2011 08:05 PM

Mid-Ohio F-Body Gathering -- 9/17/11

1 Attachment(s)
Come on out to Mid-Ohio on Saturday, September 17 and enjoy a day of fast cars and fun with fellow Camaro and Firebird enthusiasts at the EMCO Gears Classic! This year, the EMCO Gears Classic will be the GRAND-AM season finale and hopefully we'll see a Camaro win the Series Championship!!

Advanced tickets - $30 per person - children 12 and under are free!
This includes:
** Weekend general admission
** Paddock (garage area) Pass - get to see the cars up close!
** Open grandstand seating
** Special infield Camaro/Firebird Corral Parking
** Meet & Greet with Camaro Race Team(s)
** Lap of Mid-Ohio race course (time and availability subject to change due to track schedule)
** Concession and souvenir coupons
** Special giveaways

(see event flyer link below)

Purchase tickets here:
http://www.midohio.com/Store/Tickets...ar-Club-Ticket
Note: This is a WEEKEND Pass, other ticket options are available, but this is the best bang for your buck.

If you purchase tickets, it would be greatly appreciated if you would post up here: 1) that you did and the number of people attending and 2) if you are bringing your Camaro/Firebird (so we know the size of the corral needed).

If you've never witnessed big-time road course racing, this is your chance! These are the cars and teams that run in the 24-Hours of Daytona and other prestigious road course races across the USA. Mid-Ohio is a beautiful facility that features a 2.4 mile, 15-turn circuit that is one of the most competitive in the US.

Check out www.midohio.com for more ticket/track info.

We had a blast last year and know this year's event will be even better!!! Watch for more info to follow soon, but if you have any questions in the meantime, post up or PM me.

8/1/11 - Official Weekend Race Schedule is posted on GRAND-AM site: http://www.grand-am.com/assets/2011M...icialSched.pdf. Please keep in mind, our meet-n-greet, track lap, giveaways, etc. will be taking place throughout the day. When it's finalized, I will post the schedule for the Camaro/Firebird Enthusiasts activities. We are trying to arrange time with as many of the Camaro teams as possible with the time they have available. So stay tuned for more!! :):)

OFFICIAL ENTHUSIAST WEEKEND ACTIVITIES SCHEDULE IS POSTED ON PAGE 8, POST #184!!!!!

Folks signed up from this forum::thumbsup:
(please note there will be others signing up elsewhere)
1. Guy & Linda (oldbowtie)
2. Kyle (masterwinning)
3. Matt (tlstwin)
4. Mike & Patty (silvericeman)
5. Doug Heinz (heinz01)
6. Mark & Teresa Clark (mclark10 +2)
7. Anna Berringer (annabear@spartachevy)
8. Lesleigh & Andrew Durfee - (yerhot4teacherss / 3camarosonhand)
9. Jim & Jim (jmat)
10. Terri (darthemma)
11. Nick & Chris (suzbndt)
12. Gordy (gahammerle) (+??)
13. Chris, Susan & Jessie (wwddnnone)
14. Mike Radachi (zabo)
15. Zane & Amie (iroczane)
16. Brian & Lee Decker (bdstealth)
17. Jason & Wendy Cox (2010CamaroJ)
18. Mike Grear (ssmike)
19. Lisa Peregoy (IJustify)
20. George Lovely +1 (vf454)
21. Amy McKenica
22. Angie & Todd Kelly (akelly / ssmokes)
23. Angelina Tyler (smokenhot)
24. Ginny Embleton (scruffyluv)
25. Jason Debler +1
26. Mike Plesha (huggerorange73)
27. Tom Grzywacz
28. Chaz & Mary Pagano
29. Mark Mraz (phantom.5ss)
30. Tim (tpower +1)
31. Tony (nak3dsnake)
32. Rob & Tracy Clark (teamclark)
33. Rob, Chris, Jacob & Sydni (shag)
34. Jason & Kristin Haus (JRHaus76)

(:facepalm: If I've missed anyone, please let me know - thanks!)

oldbowtie 01-27-2011 11:43 AM

Thanks for the advanced notice. I just ordered my tickets. My wife and I will be there. I use to coordinate SCCA hopitality activities, for the company I work for, back in the 1980's at Lime Rock. Looking forward to a great day.

We will be driving our 2010 Camaro - RJT - 2SS/RS

MrsLT1PWRD 01-28-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldbowtie (Post 2774336)
Thanks for the advanced notice. I just ordered my tickets. My wife and I will be there. I use to coordinate SCCA hopitality activities, for the company I work for, back in the 1980's at Lime Rock. Looking forward to a great day.

We will be driving our 2010 Camaro - RJT - 2SS/RS

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Lookin' forward to meetin' you both and havin' fun!!!!

MrsLT1PWRD 02-19-2011 03:24 PM

Just a reminder.......if you order your tickets before the end of February, the shipping & handling is FREE!!!!

heinzd01 03-16-2011 07:30 PM

Pedders track day @ Gingerman Raceway, South Haven, MI is the same day. This is going to be a tough choice.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=55

IROCanSS 03-16-2011 07:58 PM

I see that but since my wife (OSU grad) hates the whole state of Michigan, I will be going to MidOhio! LOL

gahammerle 03-16-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhaus76 (Post 2971190)
I see that but since my wife (OSU grad) hates the whole state of Michigan, I will be going to MidOhio! LOL

Good thing for you they don't build Camaros in Detroit!

IROCanSS 03-16-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gahammerle (Post 2971208)
Good thing for you they don't build Camaros in Detroit!

:word:

TLSTWIN 03-16-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heinzd01 (Post 2971033)
Pedders track day @ Gingerman Raceway, South Haven, MI is the same day. This is going to be a tough choice.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=55

Ya, it was a tough choice for me as well. I was talking to Pete in PM's about the date prior to him posting.....So I had time to think it over.....I would rather be on the track......parade laps at the meet & greet are cool, but not if you can do it at speed a couple weeks later:D

SilverIceman 03-17-2011 01:39 PM

Yeah, I would rather be driving. Price looks good, and a trip to the west coast of Michigan is hard to pass up.

Guess I didn't go to Thee same college as others on here.

heinzd01 03-17-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhaus76 (Post 2971190)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLSTWIN (Post 2971253)
Ya, it was a tough choice for me as well. I was talking to Pete in PM's about the date prior to him posting.....So I had time to think it over.....I would rather be on the track......parade laps at the meet & greet are cool, but not if you can do it at speed a couple weeks later:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverIceman (Post 2974268)
Yeah, I would rather be driving. Price looks good, and a trip to the west coast of Michigan is hard to pass up.

Guess I didn't go to Thee same college as others on here.

I haven't decided yet and probably won't anytime soon. Gingerman is a 5 1/2 hr drive for me vs 2 hr to Mid-Ohio. Gingerman would likely mean two hotel nights on the lake which adds $300+ to the cost of the event. Mid-Ohio would only require 1 day.

Driving the country roads around home is free and still pretty fun.

SteveRS 03-17-2011 05:25 PM

Looks like this soldier will have to make his triumphant return to his home in ohio and take part in this camaro event!! count me in!!

MrsLT1PWRD 03-24-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveRS (Post 2975169)
Looks like this soldier will have to make his triumphant return to his home in ohio and take part in this camaro event!! count me in!!

:emoticon11: Can't wait to meet ya soldier!!!

MrsLT1PWRD 05-04-2011 09:32 PM

Hey gang.....I updated the OP, but here's what was updated today (5/4).......

DON'T MISS OUT!!!!
1) Until Friday 5/6/11 at 5:00PM EDT, Mid-Ohio is offering the following discounts:
* ALL ticket orders will ship FREE (no coupon code)
* ALL merchandise items are 15% off (coupon code MERCHANDISE50)
* MOST driving courses are $50 off (coupon code SCHOOLDRIVING50)
2) We're still making arrangements for the meet & greet sessions with the Camaro team(s). More details to follow.

Hope you've made plans - or will make plans - to join us!!!!