Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   TUNE QUESTION (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240622)

rydahog 07-30-2012 09:09 AM

TUNE QUESTION

2012 ss auto. stock, am i on right track here waiting on a tune until i get hopefully the new vararam intake, "tuned" version then my tune? ..or get tune first then intake? :iono:
whats the proceedure i guess is what i need to know..:help:

huitt06 07-30-2012 10:35 AM

tune after but why not make the tune worth while and get some headers?

JANNETTYRACING 07-30-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rydahog (Post 5365483)
2012 ss auto. stock, am i on right track here waiting on a tune until i get hopefully the new vararam intake, "tuned" version then my tune? ..or get tune first then intake? :iono:

Go with the No tune version, better Driveability for street use, and will make the same power.

A tune will wake up your car for sure.

I offer our JRE Street Package which consists of CAI SCT Tuner LT headers with Cats and a FREE Custom Tune to make it all ROCK!

Ted.

rydahog 07-30-2012 12:40 PM

ok will keep this info for my records as this will be mostly a street car, approx 1-2 times a yr at track for giggles is all,,,nothing serious..thanks all for reply

TBGreen40 07-30-2012 12:45 PM

Just making sure ya know that any tune will void your powertrain warranty.

rydahog 07-31-2012 10:47 AM

thanks TBG...i know,.but i get this weird thought in my head that these motors are pretty strong,,especially for someone like me who does not beat on it regularly..most times a street car..so a tune MAY or MAY not LOL be in my future..but i am in not rush. thanks all for comments...:)

mrvenicess 07-31-2012 11:34 AM

Remember Pete, I tuned my car withing the first two months of having it. 67,000 miles on it now and still have never had it at the dealership.

Tampa Tuning 07-31-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvenicess (Post 5371976)
Remember Pete, I tuned my car withing the first two months of having it. 67,000 miles on it now and still have never had it at the dealership.

You have a good tuner ! :headbang:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rydahog (Post 5365483)

You'll want to get your parts installed first, then have your car tuned. It will save you money in the long run. The Vararam is my favorate system because it gives your vehicle the best oppertunity for cold air. Many cold air units still breath air from within the engine bay area and take longer to cool down effecting your Intake Air Temperture table in the tune.

The Vararam system doesnt dyno as high as a couple others, but when you are actually driving, you cant beat the way the system works. I have it on my car

Then with a wideband attached to your hotrod to measure your Air Fuel Ratio, add a custom Tampa Tuning street performance tune to the car, and your off to the races. You'll just love the transmission tune when its married up correctly to your engine. :wub:
www.TampaTuning.com
Phil

rydahog 07-31-2012 12:33 PM

Thanks all, great info..:)

BNRacing 07-31-2012 09:32 PM

Upgraded to a SS huh? Nice. I'm considering trading in our cobalt for a 2013 1LE