Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Avis rental locations with Camaros available? Cost? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20509)

TopGear 04-29-2009 02:23 PM

Avis rental locations with Camaros available? Cost?

First post - looking forward to driving a new Camaro SS.

There have been a couple of threads with a link to the Avis sites show the Camaro as a specialty car but when I click on make a reservation it requires a city first. I've tried several cities but none show Camaros as a rental selection.

Let's put a list of cities and rental locations together where Camaros can be rented and the daily cost which will vary according to local taxes and airport fees. The list will grow as cars are shipped out to the rental sites.

Thanks!

DevilKnightFalcon 04-29-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopGear (Post 443429)
First post - looking forward to driving a new Camaro SS.

There have been a couple of threads with a link to the Avis sites show the Camaro as a specialty car but when I click on make a reservation it requires a city first. I've tried several cities but none show Camaros as a rental selection.

Let's put a list of cities and rental locations together where Camaros can be rented and the daily cost which will vary according to local taxes and airport fees. The list will grow as cars are shipped out to the rental sites.

Thanks!

I have been trying most of the morning but to no avail. I know for sure that there are none in Arizona right now and they do not know when they will be getting some.

jpsuperman81 04-29-2009 04:25 PM

I sent them a message via there form about 5 minutes ago asking if there are any in NC, will post any info I receive.

Morepwr 04-29-2009 04:45 PM

+1 I searched all over california and got nothing.

speedtrip 04-29-2009 04:49 PM

I gotta think Avis has an agreement with GM to allow rental of the 2010 Camaro on or after the May 6th date...maybe.

I'm hoping they'll have some manual SS's out there, but not counting on it.

Travis64 04-29-2009 05:50 PM

i called 20 different avis and nothing

OUR72GTO 04-29-2009 05:52 PM

try Atlanta

DevilKnightFalcon 04-29-2009 05:57 PM

I think the states that actually have it available are very few and even the ones that have it probably only have 1 in the state. It looks like they will be SS models but I promise you that they will be automatic transmissions ONLY. Hell all of their Corvettes are automatics, no way they are gonna get a manual Camaro.

Travis64 04-29-2009 06:26 PM

they said even if you pick a car they cant garentee it so everytime u go to rent one u prob wont even get it

TopGear 04-29-2009 10:16 PM

Tried the Atlanta airport, no luck.

I'll try a few major cites each day until one pops up.

AlohaBR 04-29-2009 11:26 PM

None in the Detroit area either, a few said they might have some come summer.

amaurictx 05-05-2009 09:00 PM

The Bush Intl Airport in Humble, Tx has a Camaro. I tried renting it this past weekend but not 25 (2 months). Called said they had it ready, got there then told it wasnt ready yet. Walked the lot it was parked in the back behind some H3's. They look a lot better in person, really like the SIM. Its a SIM SS with the 2-tone grey. Cant remember if it has the RS package.

Belkey 05-05-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon (Post 444073)
I think the states that actually have it available are very few and even the ones that have it probably only have 1 in the state. It looks like they will be SS models but I promise you that they will be automatic transmissions ONLY. Hell all of their Corvettes are automatics, no way they are gonna get a manual Camaro.

No rental company in North America rents out manual vehicles anymore-probably because people were renting them just to learn how to drive stick(like i tried to do:D)

DF454 05-05-2009 09:26 PM

Avis is waiting for there cars just like everyone else.
Once they come in there most likely will be advertisements like Hertz did with the Mustang.