Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Running Lean and..... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262169)

Medi0cr3 11-22-2012 08:31 PM

Running Lean and.....

2011 2SS M6
Nightfury cam
Borla LT headers
Borla ATAK exhaust
jannetty tuned

P0171 - Quite often
P0131 - Sometimes
P0300 - Rare

Swaped O2 sensors, still present
Replaced #1 bank O2 sensor for grins
Replaced spark plugs with another set of stock, did not overtorque
Replaced plug wires
Did a continuity check for breaks, still thinking the ohm reading should not be above 1.00 ohms (true/false?)
Reloaded the tune
Replaced both header gaskets with GM stock ones for grins...

Short term fuel trims are maxed out on my #1 bank and only reset when I WOT @ 4k rpm.

Fuel trims stay maxed and this is killing my gas mileage.

I'm at a loss and no clue what else to look for...

Vacuum leak doesn't seem to exist. There aren't many vacuum lines on these LS3's

:mad0260:

MA2010SS 11-23-2012 08:04 AM

Try data logging and have the tune checked

white ZL1 11-23-2012 10:37 AM

If the fuel trims are positive, I wouldn't think swapping injectors from side to side would help but might be worth a try?
Wiring all the way to the O2 sensor is good and not pinched somewhere?

Medi0cr3 11-23-2012 11:01 AM

A friend asked me to try swapping injectors, i havne't done it yet.

As far as I can tell with the ohm check the wiring is good, in my expierence if an ohm check is over 1.00 ohms then there's an issue. The ECU is also supplying 12v to the end of the wireharness for the O2 sensor connector, so I know its getting power. Not sure if there are more electrical checks on that harness that can be done or not.

Medi0cr3 11-24-2012 12:58 AM

Need some suggestions folks, I'm out of ideas =[

Southern Comfort 11-24-2012 07:38 AM

Did this happen right after installing cam, headers etc, or some time later?
A little history might help.

Also, your signature shows Jannetty tune. Did they tune for this cam?

Iam Broke 11-24-2012 08:13 AM

It sure sounds like the tune to me but if you have any leaks before or near the S1 02's, it will add unneeded fuel in closed loop. Not knowing how it is tuned, we can only guess.

Contact the tuner and shoot him a log.

Medi0cr3 11-24-2012 06:58 PM

I've replaced the header exhaust gasket on bank 1. I reseated the bolts to the header last night before I went to the track. Problem is still there.

Yes ted, did my tune and I've contacted him. But there isn't a whole lot anybody can do without looking at the car.

SGOS252382 11-25-2012 11:16 AM

More history would be nice.
When exactly did this problem start? Was it after adding any mods? Was the car running fine prior to the problem with the same mods?

Has their been a drastic change in the weather (much colder)?

Why is their nothing that can be done (tune wise) to adjust for the problem?

Medi0cr3 11-25-2012 12:54 PM

I noticed a leaning condition a month or so after we installed the headers. Ted turned off the cat sensors. When I got the lean condition I checked the header gaskets and found that both the borla gaskets were garbage and replaced with stock and the problem went away. A week or so later it started coming on almost at every start. The weather was pretty hot.

Ted says the tune is fine.

MA2010SS 11-25-2012 01:08 PM

If the tune is fine, I would check for vacuum leaks then, run the car at idle and spray carb cleaner around the intake manifold (mist it around), any vaccum lines around the intake manifold, spray around the brake booster line, catch can if you have one. If the idle of the car raises up you're heading in the right direction. If there are no changes I would really look into the tune of the vehicle

white ZL1 11-25-2012 01:57 PM

I don't see how it could be tune related if it's only 1 bank. It has to be mechanical.

MA2010SS 11-25-2012 03:07 PM

There was a similar post recently where a car had an issue with one bank 1,3,5,7 that particular side was not running correctly it wound up being the tune, but I would run down the basics with chasing vacuum leaks first though. According to the OP the car does have a cam shown in the sig. Someone would really have to look at the car

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254910

white ZL1 11-25-2012 03:30 PM

The OP is getting specific codes and this isn't the same situation as the problems from that thread. Not the same thing.
I doubt there is anything that Ted would have done when he did the tune for this car that would cause this problem, especially since it's been intermittent and mechanical in nature previously.