Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   On a closed course - in Mexico (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442381)

Billy10mm 02-29-2016 03:46 PM

On a closed course - in Mexico

To all those wonderful street racers out there.

I'm sure both of the drivers involved routinely boasted about their "kills" on their respective forums. The men who called them out for being the moronic shit-tards that they were, I'm sure were told that all of their street racing is done on closed roads, with no one around, at legal speeds, in Mexico, and all the other bullshit that these types of half-wits spew from their mouths and keyboards.

http://jalopnik.com/idiot-street-rac...=1456768122564

I hope both drivers end up with 3 counts of Man-1 each to be served consecutively.

cornerspeed92 02-29-2016 04:14 PM

I couldn't imagine street racing, me personally i have too much to lose. It's just a shame that this stuff happens. Believe no one likes SPEED more then me, but there are places for me to get my fix. Silverstate-the track. Speaking of Silverstate, im going to be posting a thread around June, for the Sept running of Silverstate, let's hope we get a bunch of C5'rs out there with me.

Olddudesrule 02-29-2016 04:24 PM

Stupid, selfish assholes.....I see it all the time in the Phoenix area, and driving any high performance car brings these idiots to my car door nearly every time I'm out. Tragic, what more can you say...

On a side note, watch the John Oliver piece on Donald "Drumpf" Trump that's in the link. It is freaking spot on, and hilarious!! When are his supporters gonna wake up? Sorry, not trying to derail the OP's thread.....

ghosted 02-29-2016 04:34 PM

Street racing...at 85-90 mph.

CamaroDreams76 02-29-2016 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghosted (Post 8936073)
Street racing...at 85-90 mph.

On an interstate

Schluney 02-29-2016 05:13 PM

Hopefully they both end up someone's b**ch in prison! If you want to drive your car fast do it somewhere you can't kill innocent people with your incompetence!

ghosted 02-29-2016 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 (Post 8936133)
On an interstate

Considering 75mph is the speed limit here in AZ, and 85mph is a common speed for many drivers...

Camaro Dude 02-29-2016 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy10mm (Post 8935963)
To all those wonderful street racers out there.

I'm sure both of the drivers involved routinely boasted about their "kills" on their respective forums. The men who called them out for being the moronic shit-tards that they were, I'm sure were told that all of their street racing is done on closed roads, with no one around, at legal speeds, in Mexico, and all the other bullshit that these types of half-wits spew from their mouths and keyboards.

http://jalopnik.com/idiot-street-rac...=1456768122564

I hope both drivers end up with 3 counts of Man-1 each to be served consecutively.

Just like a gun, a car is a weapon, albeit there are different classes as such, and for me, this is not debatable.

I believe, last I heard, and correct me if I'm wrong, give or take a couple thou, deaths from either "weapon", firearm or car, are about equal in the USA.

The end user is at fault in both cases, very rarely the equipment.

Education(yes I mean mandatory, more in-depth, disciplined training) is key. Even if this means higher failure rates, and people rendered carless, but this will not be good for the government coiffures ;).

We can't have it both ways you know. A lethal weapon is a lethal weapon, the numbers do not lie, but hypocrisy reigns supreme.

All we can do is watch, and shake our fists in the air in disbelief.

CamaroDreams76 03-01-2016 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghosted (Post 8936227)
Considering 75mph is the speed limit here in AZ, and 85mph is a common speed for many drivers...

Yeah 85 is extremely common for highway/interstate speed in FL too. 70 is the speed limit for most of I-75. I do 9 over when I'm on the interstate so I would be crusing at 79.MPH and people would still fly by me like I was standing still. Speed limit jumps to 75, i would do 84.

Thor142 03-01-2016 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro Dude (Post 8936732)
Just like a gun, a car is a weapon, albeit there are different classes as such, and for me, this is not debatable.

I believe, last I heard, and correct me if I'm wrong, give or take a couple thou, deaths from either "weapon", firearm or car, are about equal in the USA.

The end user is at fault in both cases, very rarely the equipment.

Education(yes I mean mandatory, more in-depth, disciplined training) is key. Even if this means higher failure rates, and people rendered carless, but this will not be good for the government coiffures ;).

We can't have it both ways you know. A lethal weapon is a lethal weapon, the numbers do not lie, but hypocrisy reigns supreme.

All we can do is watch, and shake our fists in the air in disbelief.

At the risk of sounding insensitive, street racing (and murder for that matter since you brought it up) is already illegal. Government can't teach people not to break the law. Bringing up good people is solely on the shoulders of the parents who bring them into this world and even then there is no guarantee. There are enough laws already restricting what I can and can't do due to people unable to behave themselves in a civilized way and enough people begging for government to further restrict our lives. Its sad that these people lost their lives due to other peoples negligence but please, calling for more government only makes the rest of us poorer come payday when 1/3 of our check goes to pay for it all.

ghosted 03-01-2016 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thor142 (Post 8937219)
At the risk of sounding insensitive, street racing (and murder for that matter since you brought it up) is already illegal. Government can't teach people not to break the law. Bringing up good people is solely on the shoulders of the parents who bring them into this world and even then there is no guarantee. There are enough laws already restricting what I can and can't do due to people unable to behave themselves in a civilized way and enough people begging for government to further restrict our lives. Its sad that these people lost their lives due to other peoples negligence but please, calling for more government only makes the rest of us poorer come payday when 1/3 of our check goes to pay for it all.

Well said.

cdb95z28 03-01-2016 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghosted (Post 8937220)
Well said.

I agree.

Evil and irresponsibility cannot be legislated out of society

Camaro Dude 03-01-2016 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thor142 (Post 8937219)

I think you blokes misunderstood me.

I'm calling for more intensive drivers education.

I'm a pilot as well btw, so I think you must respect my view on this as well ; ).

I'm probably the biggest critique on government intrusion on here, but you wouldn't know it.

Other more significant topics to discuss gov intrusion, not drivers Ed, which is a state by state thing anyways and not federal.

Anyone here who believes your drivers education course is sufficient, is in my view, calling themselves out :).

I understand your point too, but if we leave your theory as is, then go on enjoying cell phone related, acing, etc, YouTube related incidents, for the rest of time, and your viewing enjoyment.

Thor142 03-01-2016 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro Dude (Post 8937331)
I think you blokes misunderstood me.

I'm calling for more intensive drivers education.

I'm a pilot as well btw, so I think you must respect my view on this as well ; ).

I'm probably the biggest critique on government intrusion on here, but you wouldn't know it.

Other more significant topics to discuss gov intrusion, not drivers Ed, which is a state by state thing anyways and not federal.

Anyone here who believes your drivers education course is sufficient, is in my view, calling themselves out :).

I understand your point too, but if we leave your theory as is, then go on enjoying cell phone related, acing, etc, YouTube related incidents, for the rest of time, and your viewing enjoyment.

I think I'm well aware of what you're calling for. You're entitled to your opinion.