Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Nearly 3,000 Camaros ordered in the first three days (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8412)

TonytheTiger 10-18-2008 02:13 AM

Wow this is great news its 3000 less mustangs and challengers.It great to see that the camaro is selling great and so far its succesfull and i hope it sells more than 100,000 in its 1st year.This is so emotional does anyone have a tissue?

96CAMaro 10-18-2008 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 163088)
All they need to do is have each dealer sell 1 Camaro a week to get 200,000 sales. What do you think? Do-able?

I surely hope so.

Justcallme61 10-18-2008 12:36 PM

I wonder what the sales are looking like after a few more days now, hopefully word will get out by monday of how many were sold the first week

rico-2SS 10-19-2008 02:06 PM

I know here in MI the dealers finally got there act together. Although theorder sheet he sent me still doesn't have the $$$ in the work sheet?????? WT!!! anyway he assured me it is in the system.

They are alloted 32 over their 5-6 dealerships and I was on thursday. They only required $500 down and it is refundable if I don't take delivery!!!!!! Yea right knowbody else is getting my ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dealer expected them to be sold out of allocation over the weekend. It wil be interesting to here????

FenwickHockey65 10-19-2008 02:51 PM

It's been almost a week now...I wonder how many more have been ordered? :iono:

rico-2SS 10-19-2008 03:43 PM

Hey tonytheTiger - I too am not a Ford Mustang Fan but thats ok - I saw great sticker had a bow tie eating a ford emblem and pill of dung behind it with a charger in the middle

Showed the boys some pics and they they are going to name her Tigger...long story but had an SSR Yellow and one of my bros named it Pooh - didn't mine its all about turned heads - so go big or stay home right

later

SilverTurtle 10-19-2008 11:38 PM

I'd like to think that we'll know more by close of business tomorrow when it comes to sales... should have a first number of how many it sold in the first 7 days of ordering.

TAG UR IT 10-20-2008 12:25 AM

^Can't wait to see that #. Mine goes in tomorrow too....:D oh boy...:D

Th3Nigh7Stalk3r 10-20-2008 12:28 AM

I am going to call my dad's work tomorrow and find out how many have been ordered at their dealership. I can't wait to be one of the 3,000 or however many people order it!! It's going to be a awesome car and awesome year.

AH17708 10-20-2008 02:00 AM

MSRP...and Availability

So Saturday morning I go to my dealer and the 3 that they had were already ordered and accounted for...so now im on a crazy hunt..but with work and school I wont be able to go on my hunt until next weekend...not to mention they want 2,000 for the deposit and they are chargin 5k over msrp!!! I dont want to do business with these clowns anyway.....im just afraid by this weekend...I will be too late and there will be no more at any other dealers here in the bay area :cry: for all of you who have ordered...should I stand firm and demand that I get the car at MSRP????..Ohhh The Agony :(

TAG UR IT 10-20-2008 02:25 AM

talk to Mindz...think he's doing some sort of group buy....ya'll need to talk to a fleet guy.

Angrybird 12 10-20-2008 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingchicken88 (Post 163858)
No, they can start as early as they want, as long as the emissions and other requirements that have been set for 2010 have been met. It all depends on when the government releases that information, but it's probably out already.

They cannot start production of any 2010 model before January 1st 2009...

Talked to the local dealer Saturday, they can order 13 and as of Saturday they have had 3 orders... not a good sign for this area.. Selling at MSRP on these orders...

TomServo 10-20-2008 08:47 AM

I went back to my dealer on Friday evening to make a change to my order (color, MX0 vs MN6 and factory stripes) during my visit I asked him how many allocations he had. He said only 9 for the first 5 months of production. He said he has more allocations for the vette - He said - ”wanna order a new vette”????

He also said of the nine, mine was the ONLY firm order so far. Everyone that was on their waiting list has opted out. When I asked him why he said because "some dealers" are discounting the Corvette so heavily and they are readily available it's killing him and others.

This seems so typical of GM's dysfunctional business and management practices these days. But he does have a point; you can buy a new 2009 1LT vette for $41K or a 2SS for $36K (or more with some of the obscene dealer mark ups being applied), this could skim off some potential Camaro buyers. Talk about “eating their own”.

I wonder how many new Camaro buyers will "opt out"in the coming months and buy a new vette, especially if we get into next spring and folks arent't getting their cars??

Angrybird 12 10-20-2008 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 163275)
Well that is probably BS for the simple reason that the system they use to book a car could not handle processing 1,000 orders in 40 minutes.

Also, the Solstice ordering occurred when the car came on-line, not 5 months before with no advertising whatsoever as is the case now.

No BS.. They had a different system for ordering back in 2005 each division had their own ordering system...I know what I am talking about, many dealers couldn't get into the system because it was jammed with dealers ordering.. I followed the Solstice from concept to production, as I have with the Camaro... There has beem much more information available throughout the Camaro development than there was with the Solstice. The first time the General public got a preview of the Solstice was on the Apprentice TV show just before orders were taken(and that is when they announced the orders being taken for the first 1000 Solstices). About the advertizing, I have seen billboards with the Camaro on it for a year now, some even said it was the 2009 Camaro... And dealers around here have been advertizing about taking orders for the new Camaro also... still not a record breaker, but in these times it is a good sign that people want one. I just hope it picks up. The cuttoff date they tell me is October 31st for the "Sold Orders"

radz28 10-20-2008 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AH17708 (Post 165826)
So Saturday morning I go to my dealer and the 3 that they had were already ordered and accounted for...so now im on a crazy hunt..but with work and school I wont be able to go on my hunt until next weekend...not to mention they want 2,000 for the deposit and they are chargin 5k over msrp!!! I dont want to do business with these clowns anyway.....im just afraid by this weekend...I will be too late and there will be no more at any other dealers here in the bay area :cry: for all of you who have ordered...should I stand firm and demand that I get the car at MSRP????..Ohhh The Agony :(

What dealer are you talking about? Like Tag' mentioned below, I think Mindz's been working on trying to find dealers up here to work with. Although I'm not endorsing them (I did buy my '02 from them), I think Folsom Chevy said they'd sell at MSRP, according to Mindz. Please don't quote me, because I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I think that's what he's posted in the California Section. I don't think I'd give Daugherty a chance, although, I've never had a sales experience with them (only service). Sullivan in Roseville may work with you, but those are the only ones around Sacramento that I know of.

Personally, I'm thinking of going to the outskirts of Sacramento to find a deal. I know when I was working in Woodland, that the Dodge dealer there wasn't charging mark-ups on Vipers because they were a pretty small dealer and just thought that small-town mentality would hold true to the other dealers in the area. I know my dealer didn't mark-up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 165836)
talk to Mindz...think he's doing some sort of group buy....ya'll need to talk to a fleet guy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomServo (Post 165913)
I went back to my dealer on Friday evening to make a change to my order (color, MX0 vs MN6 and factory stripes) during my visit I asked him how many allocations he had. He said only 9 for the first 5 months of production. He said he has more allocations for the vette - He said - ”wanna order a new vette”????

He also said of the nine, mine was the ONLY firm order so far. Everyone that was on their waiting list has opted out. When I asked him why he said because "some dealers" are discounting the Corvette so heavily and they are readily available it's killing him and others.

This seems so typical of GM's dysfunctional business and management practices these days. But he does have a point; you can buy a new 2009 1LT vette for $41K or a 2SS for $36K (or more with some of the obscene dealer mark ups being applied), this could skim off some potential Camaro buyers. Talk about “eating their own”.

I wonder how many new Camaro buyers will "opt out"in the coming months and buy a new vette, especially if we get into next spring and folks arent't getting their cars??

What is up with that?! Even if I could get a 1LT 'Vette for that price, I'd still get a Camaro anyways. Shoot, even if there were a model down the road that was in the mid-40s, I'd still get it over a 'Vette because I'm just a Camaro guy. Perhaps that's what GM is thinking...

Jarvis59 10-20-2008 12:17 PM

first Post.
Thanks for all the great info!
I ordered a 2SS on moday. Has anybody gotted their 6 digit order number from their dealer to track their order?

SimC33 10-20-2008 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarvis59 (Post 166030)
first Post.
Thanks for all the great info!
I ordered a 2SS on moday. Has anybody gotted their 6 digit order number from their dealer to track their order?

Yup sure have...Did you not get yours? It should be 6 letters

Jarvis59 10-20-2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimC33 (Post 166033)
Yup sure have...Did you not get yours? It should be 6 letters

No I did not. My Sales person has to check with the order person.....

KILLER74Z28 10-20-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverTurtle (Post 165726)
I'd like to think that we'll know more by close of business tomorrow when it comes to sales... should have a first number of how many it sold in the first 7 days of ordering.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 165777)
^Can't wait to see that #. Mine goes in tomorrow too....:D oh boy...:D

+ 1 and :confused0068:;)

z71roller 10-20-2008 01:52 PM

Many of the dealerships in my area were able to take 9 pre-orders. I ordered mine on 10/15 and was already the fifth person to place an order. Best of luck to everyone gettting their dream machine.

CWI 10-20-2008 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro trans am squad (Post 163673)
dam ford N trouble again.....mustang dead.....gt-r dead.......dodge challenger meet us @ da track.....da time is comin real soon 4 da Legend 2 return u know what happenz when u awake a wild beast out of itz sleep?????? find out when da new Camaro hitz da streetz

go bak 2 da skool:suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide:

Rdrage728 10-20-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWIweldace (Post 166229)
go bak 2 da skool:suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide:

lol :laughabove::sm0:

redsap05 10-20-2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomServo (Post 165913)

This is were the choice becomes tough for me. Iam partial to camaro, my first car was a 1986 camaro with the 5.0 ( 305) v8, then a 91z28, a 98 trans am, a 2001 som camaro ss and now an 05 gto. Iam really turned off by the weight of this thing, its a little heavier than my gto but I will wait to see what people are running in the quarter mile with them before I deicide that Iam geting one. My buddies Ls3 vette runs 12.3's @ 117.7 bone stock. Iam currious to see what the camaro does as I have been leaning towards a vette cause I want the Lighter car and the ability to put some wide tires on the back. But only time will tell and make no mistake I love the camaro, I find myself draw to it over the vette but the weight just kills it for me :iono:

Evotion 10-20-2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsap05 (Post 166556)
This is were the choice becomes tough for me. Iam partial to camaro, my first car was a 1986 camaro with the 5.0 ( 305) v8, then a 91z28, a 98 trans am, a 2001 som camaro ss and now an 05 gto. Iam really turned off by the weight of this thing, its a little heavier than my gto but I will wait to see what people are running in the quarter mile with them before I deicide that Iam geting one. My buddies Ls3 vette runs 12.3's @ 117.7 bone stock. Iam currious to see what the camaro does as I have been leaning towards a vette cause I want the Lighter car and the ability to put some wide tires on the back. But only time will tell and make no mistake I love the camaro, I find myself draw to it over the vette but the weight just kills it for me :iono:

Would you stop loving your wife because she got fatter?

And seriously... if you are waiting on buying the car til you see what it runs in the 1/4, you are buying it for the wrong reason.

68vert 10-21-2008 10:00 AM

Hope this bodes well for the Camaro. But, I will never buy a car without seeing it in person and more importantly driving it.

I will be waiting for the price to come down to 'normal' range also.