Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Upgrading engine mounts? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178161)

DietCoke 10-23-2011 12:59 AM

^ brain fart, they make the pancake mounts i was thinking of, not energy. Edited my post

jsharp 10-23-2011 09:00 AM

I have maggie car. They would be a good addition although I have no problems except my car is cammed and when the engine is first started and warming up I do here some pipe clinging from the engine movement but once its warm and smooth out I dont here it; niether do I hear it when i punch the gas. I will probably get them though when I do my 416ci block.

MJ 10-23-2011 09:24 PM

I had the Prothane motor mounts installed at Jannetty's. Cammed with blower 680 to the wheels had a lot of engine movement, but not anymore. Vibration did increase, but is not annoying. Nice product... Glad I had them installed.

JDP Tech 10-24-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 (Post 3917364)
After a while I can't even tell I have the Pfadt mounts. They started off almost unbearable, but either I got use to them or they softened up. But from vids of my engine from dyno pulls the engine doesn't move at all.

Yeah, after being installed for a bit, they will loosen up a little more. Plus you probably got used to them more.

http://www.jdpmotorsports.com/media/.../1420109-1.jpg
Really they aren't very bad, they do increase noise and vibration a little, but the benefits far outway this. They use graphite-impregnated polyurethane bushings for long life and performance.
They give the engine excellent mounting, won't allow it to rock back and forth which may cause hood interference, or damage to other parts. If you have a cam, they will actually cause the car to shake a little less (more mass for the engine to shake). They will also actually improve throttle and power response, since the engine doesn't use power and time to twist the engine until the stock mounts hold it back. If you have a cam and/or make big power, these are a must IMO.

With our free shipping, the Pfadt Engine Mounts cost about the same as those fake Pfadt mounts, plus they look much better, and you get an actual quality part!

JANNETTYRACING 10-24-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ (Post 3919939)
I had the Prothane motor mounts installed at Jannetty's. Cammed with blower 680 to the wheels had a lot of engine movement, but not anymore. Vibration did increase, but is not annoying. Nice product... Glad I had them installed.

Thanks MJ I was wondering how you liked them.

These are Really Beefy Units, Well thought out and Minimal Vibration from our experience.

http://jreperformanceparts.com/media...518bl_8343.jpg

Ted.

jmart53 10-24-2011 12:52 PM

I just installed the Pfadt engine mounts about 9 days ago... You feel it a decent amount right away but they settle in and now I barely have any movement/noise that I recognize..mainly it's just the start in 1st gear that I can still feel it... definitely worth the upgrade to stop the engine play that the stock mounts have, as well as saving some weight from those huge ass OEM mounts!

hcoll003 06-23-2013 01:26 AM

Is it necessary to add the Polyurethane tranny mount with the motor mounts?

SSE 4 2SS 06-23-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcoll003 (Post 6703672)
Is it necessary to add the Polyurethane tranny mount with the motor mounts?

Necessary no... Recommended, yes... The primary reason to add more solid mounts is to limit drivetrain movement so power is transferred... As well as limit movement if piping is in close quarters.

Why not add the trans mount... It's inexpensive, and easy to do...I use the prothane motor mounts, and modified a urethane trans mount to work on my car... But my trans cross member and trans are one off pieces...

Whipped416 06-23-2013 11:25 AM

Pfadt mounts here and I hear ppl talk about vibration and added noise and I don't or never had any added noise/vibration with mine .

Inferno LSX 06-23-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whipped416 (Post 6704496)
Pfadt mounts here and I hear ppl talk about vibration and added noise and I don't or never had any added noise/vibration with mine .

Same here. Pfadt ones work great and the solid mounts are bearable

hcoll003 06-24-2013 09:01 AM

Thanks for the info on the tranny mounts guys. How much more hp do you think the mounts help put down at the rear wheels? I'm guessing something insignificant, like 2-3hp?

GLGJR 06-24-2013 09:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the Pfadt on my CTS V. We had to rotate to lower part of the mount 180* and drill a new locator hole in the subframe. I hope we will be testing them out soon.

Attachment 526922

hcoll003 06-24-2013 05:13 PM

Dude, what a sick build!!! A freakin' turbo V!!! Nice my dad is pushing 595rwhp with the stock blower in his 12' Coupe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLGJR (Post 6708236)
I have the Pfadt on my CTS V. We had to rotate to lower part of the mount 180* and drill a new locator hole in the subframe. I hope we will be testing them out soon.

Attachment 526922

GLGJR 06-24-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcoll003 (Post 6710244)
Dude, what a sick build!!! A freakin' turbo V!!! Nice my dad is pushing 595rwhp with the stock blower in his 12' Coupe.

Thank you very much.

ADM Performance has done a ton of beautiful work and fixed most of the stuff I did lol. I sold the complete engine out the car. It made 640/640 with the 1.9L blower through completely stock exhaust. I can't wait to break in the new combo.