Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Recaro Defect (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315887)

Cool1LE 08-30-2013 04:46 PM

Recaro Defect

1 Attachment(s)
Take a look at the pic... anyone else have this on their seats? Its only on one of mine and I just noticed it..... now to contact Chevy

Its the seat belt loop

Mojave 08-30-2013 05:00 PM

Yikes, no. Hope this isnt issue with all ours

cornerspeed92 08-30-2013 05:13 PM

Wow!!!! that is unreal for these seats.

Biv08SS 08-30-2013 05:18 PM

Is it the drivers seat? If so just take it out and send it to me!!! I'm just kidding, contact customer support ASAP

Cool1LE 08-30-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biv08SS (Post 6963685)
Is it the drivers seat? If so just take it out and send it to me!!! I'm just kidding, contact customer support ASAP

Yes it is - I am hoping its a "one off" and not a trend that I will see on the other side as well. I haven't even had anyone in the back seat..... Could have been there from the start just not sure

Edit: Looking really close at my passenger side and I can tell this will happen on that side as well, just hasn't been moved as much so the leather isn't stretched... maybe i have a set that's off but take a close look under the strap and see if you have any stress lines

Thrillz 08-31-2013 01:23 AM

Get that looked after. For what they charge for those seats they better be freaking perfect.

Dropspeed 08-31-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biv08SS (Post 6963685)

Why would he contact customer support before he goes to the dealer? If the dealer doesn't make it right then customer support.

LuSe4 08-31-2013 07:16 AM

Just looks like a flaw in the leather since the stitching isn't cut. Warranty will cover it. No big deal. May take awhile to get seat covers for those Recaros, though, since they are so new.

Cool1LE 08-31-2013 08:02 AM

Going by the dealer Tuesday morning..... It will be interesting to see how they want to deal with this.
I still would like to know if anyone else is seeing this? Like I said I can see the very beginning of the issue on the other side and wonder if this will get worse as the strap gets moved.... you would hope that they tested this.....

Biv08SS 08-31-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dropspeed (Post 6965239)
Why would he contact customer support before he goes to the dealer? If the dealer doesn't make it right then customer support.

To alert them that there is a problem. I didn't say don't go to the dealer, I would just alert customer care to let them know about the problem so MAYBE if it is happening a lot they could catch it and save a lot of other people the trouble.

turboguy327 08-31-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biv08SS (Post 6965863)
To alert them that there is a problem. I didn't say don't go to the dealer, I would just alert customer care to let them know about the problem so MAYBE if it is happening a lot they could catch it and save a lot of other people the trouble.

That's for the dealer to do. Not a customer.

djnice 08-31-2013 01:29 PM

Looks like it needs some additional stitching. I bet they all have this issue.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 08-31-2013 01:51 PM

Please keep us posted, Cool1LE! If further assistance is needed after your dealership visit, we are happy to help.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool1LE (Post 6965345)
Going by the dealer Tuesday morning..... It will be interesting to see how they want to deal with this.
I still would like to know if anyone else is seeing this? Like I said I can see the very beginning of the issue on the other side and wonder if this will get worse as the strap gets moved.... you would hope that they tested this.....

The Stig 08-31-2013 01:58 PM

Have you noticed any damage to your door panels since you got the car? My seat belt buckles are tearing mine to bits.