Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Wheels/Tires (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Optional Wheel Style or Finish? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129612)

Shurenuff 02-15-2011 08:21 PM

Optional Wheel Style or Finish?

Do you think the ZL1 will have an optional wheel style available to order? I like the ZL1 wheel, but it's not exactly my style and I prefer choices. It would also be nice to see a sporty, darker finish wheel available also. My dream scenario would be an optional SSX wheel, but I'm not sure that's going to happen unfortunately.

I think that wheel fits the ZL1 perfectly. Here's a chop courtesy of WierdSideEffect.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/6...kssxwheels.jpg

What do you think? Will we have a choice or is it going to be what you see is what you get?

JB22 02-15-2011 08:40 PM

honestly im not a fan of black wheels, but with the black trim on the bottom of the car, I think the black wheels really compliment it big time.

29er 02-15-2011 08:56 PM

i'm with you shurenuff. those are freakin awsome. much better than bling bling flashy wheels..
ssx wheels would be my option. instead of the originals.

Mr. Wyndham 02-15-2011 10:21 PM

I wanna say I read somewhere there will be optional finishes...the ZL1 show car sports what would be "polished"....

Shurenuff 02-15-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB22 (Post 2846220)
honestly im not a fan of black wheels, but with the black trim on the bottom of the car, I think the black wheels really compliment it big time.

You're right, it ties in very well with the rest of the car. And if you love the SSX wheels like me, it's a match made in heaven.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurst equipped (Post 2846299)
i'm with you shurenuff. those are freakin awsome. much better than bling bling flashy wheels..
ssx wheels would be my option. instead of the originals.

:word:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 2846722)
I wanna say I read somewhere there will be optional finishes...the ZL1 show car sports what would be "polished"....

I haven't seen that mentioned, but that's very encouraging. I'd really like to see what the ZL1 wheel would look like in other finishes.

Black5thgen 02-15-2011 10:34 PM

Black ZL1 wheels would be sick.

Shurenuff 02-15-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black5thgen (Post 2846787)
Black ZL1 wheels would be sick.

I'm thinking you'd be 100% right, although the SSX wheels are still the holy grail for me. Maybe a satin black finish with gloss black in the areas that are high polished? I wonder how that would look like, hmm.... not sure. I'd probably prefer an all gloss black finish like, you guessed it, the SSX wheel. :D

Like JB22 mentioned, with all of the black trim pieces and the black hood insert/stripes a black wheel would match up great and make one mean looking car. I'm hoping some type of black wheel will be optional from the factory.

b4z 02-16-2011 08:10 AM

would like to see a hyper or graphite black option.

IamJacksCamaro 02-16-2011 09:14 AM

I am sure there will be options, as with other Camaro models. Besides, I'm sure any dealer will sell you any Camaro wheels they have in stock, or do an even trade to any lesser model's wheels that is sitting on the lot.

Shurenuff 02-16-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamJacksCamaro (Post 2848024)
I am sure there will be options, as with other Camaro models. Besides, I'm sure any dealer will sell you any Camaro wheels they have in stock, or do an even trade to any lesser model's wheels that is sitting on the lot.

I wouldn't want "lesser wheels". These are high quality, lightweight forged wheels. There's no way I'd step down to one of the OEM cast wheels based on aesthetics. Plus, the ZL1 has unique wheel sizes too.

Also, I don't know how the mag ride suspension will affect GM's ability to offer other wheels for this model. I've heard that even changing the wheel weight can affect the calibration of this system (I don't know how true that is). If that's the case, I'd think they'd only offer one wheel with perhaps different finishes.

ZKyle 02-16-2011 12:07 PM

Those wheels look amazing on the ZL1. And I usually don't like the look of black wheels.

Z_Rocks 02-16-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b4z (Post 2847797)
would like to see a hyper or graphite black option.

That's what I want.

FB3 02-16-2011 12:55 PM

I don't like the black wheels at all.

91Z28350 02-16-2011 01:25 PM

Would love to see the SSX wheels in a polished or satin finish, not a big fan of black wheels. However, the ZL1 wheels, as presented in Chicago, would most likely be the LAST thing I would upgrade/change. Those are some snazzy kicks!