Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Factory SS Wheel Question (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155708)

mpgsux 06-29-2011 05:34 PM

Factory SS Wheel Question

Hey everybody, I've been lurking around here for awhile and finally got around to registering. I need a little help.

I bought my 2010 2SS Non RS Camaro on 5/1/2011. I got it home, noticed the back driver's side wheel (20" polished wheel) was banged up from the kid that was "prepping" it for me. I called the dealer, and they said they would fix it. Their "fix" turned out to be horrible and it looked like they just covered it with some sort of spray paint or sealant. I complained and said that I wanted a new wheel.

So, they swapped the wheel from another SS and I thought all was good until I found a 2 inch deep scratch which I'm assuming happened when they were mounting the tire. I complained again.

I went back today and they swapped the whole wheel and tire this time so they didn't mess it up. It looked great, but when I got home, this wheel doesn't looked polished like the other 3. I looked at the car they were swapping from and I swear it was a Non RS SS.

Needless to say, I can usually hardly tell the difference between the polished and MS wheels. Could this Non RS SS have had MS wheels for some reason? The only other thing that I could think of is that it was a 2011 and not a 2010.

Anyone have any ideas? I called the sales guy back and they are going to look into it, but these guys at the dealership are probably ready to kill me and I just want this taken care of.

Thanks for the help!

Steve

ffrcobra_65 06-29-2011 05:39 PM

maybe you ended up with the 20" standard midnight silver wheel, not the optional 20" polished wheel. The car they took it from maybe didn't have the "polished wheel" option. Check and recheck before you leave the dealership. You are lucky they didn
t blame you for the scratches.

mpgsux 06-29-2011 05:39 PM

To add to that I just looked up the window sticker from the car they swapped from. It's only a 1SS and says it has "painted aluminum" wheels.

Russell James 06-29-2011 05:42 PM

Tell them to quit dicking around and order a new wheel. Some dealers are absolute ass wipes.

Swapping wheels with another car just moves their screw up to another customer.

BackinBlackSS/RS 06-29-2011 05:47 PM

Put some pics up.

Tantalizer43 06-29-2011 07:36 PM

If the car they pulled your wheel from wasn't an RS, and didn't opt for polished wheel option, then you got a standard silver painted wheel. Have em swap it, and avoid that dealer again at all costs.

dmginc 06-29-2011 08:27 PM

at the point they first popped a wheel off another car to put on yours i would have told them to take the car back and went to another dealer. that is a sign of how pathetic that dealer is.

shinzon 06-29-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmginc (Post 3404568)
at the point they first popped a wheel off another car to put on yours i would have told them to take the car back and went to another dealer. that is a sign of how pathetic that dealer is.

x2 toooooo

who knows what was taken off your car....maybe a piston rod ?:w00t: great dealer bro !

mpgsux 07-01-2011 05:33 AM

Thanks for the info guys. Yeah, this dealership pretty much sucks. I didn't know they were just going to swap the wheel from another car until after it was already done.

I went back yesterday and they are finally just going to order a new wheel for me, which is what I wanted in the first place. Hopefully this will be all fixed soon.

The worst thing is that it's a 40 mile round trip to the dealer and this will make my 7th trip to get everything fixed.

Thanks again,

Steve

ZED SLED 07-01-2011 07:26 AM

Standard wheels on a 1SS or 2SS are Sterling Silver
Standard wheels on a 1SS/RS or 2SS/RS are Midnight Silver
Polished wheels are an option on either.

clg_98ta 07-01-2011 08:57 AM

When dealers start swapping parts between cars, this is what can happen. They'll pull parts from a car on the lot to make you happy, but creating headaches for whoever buys the lot car later...

Glad to gear that they're finally doing the right thing. I just hope they don't damage the new wheel mounting the tire... That's always a risk - I know that my local Discount Tire Store routinely sends wheels out for refinishing that were manhandled and damaged.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 07-01-2011 04:53 PM

If you need help in getting this resolved let me know. I would have to agree with most everyone here in that you should ask for a new wheel to be ordered for you rather than to continue to swap wheels from other vehicles. I hope that helps you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service