Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Carbon Fiber/Leather steering wheel from DSV (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155799)

Mindz 06-30-2011 04:41 AM

Carbon Fiber/Leather steering wheel from DSV

29 Attachment(s)
Well here's some up close and personal pictures of my DSV steering wheel. As some of you know, I was selling some ACE steering wheels for a promotion for Camaro5Fest. ACE changed the deal on me after lying about my wheel being made, so I decided to cut my losses. INDpower asked how he could help and I ended up ordering a wheel through DSV instead. I'm glad I was screwed over because now I have not only a better made steering wheel, but I have a carbon fiber accent as well.

Thanks for Jon and Gerardo from DSV for helping my spice up my interior a little bit. Jon's service was A+ and he was very prompt with returning the few calls I made if he wasn't able to pick up. I'm hoping to have enough money to afford some more goodies from DSV at a later date.

It's really true, you get what you pay for. The leather on this wheel is top notch. I can see why they charge a premium for their products. Well worth it!

orange-prince 06-30-2011 05:43 AM

nicely done :D

The Stig 06-30-2011 08:39 AM

Very shiny. I tried looking at this thread on the iPhone and lets just say that didn't happen.

REDXIIIDave 06-30-2011 01:58 PM

Did they change the thickness/profile any, or did they just re-cover a stock wheel? I would love one of those, but the stock rim profile is really messed up. I would like the cross section to be round, instead of the weird flattened oval shape.

Indpowr 06-30-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDXIIIDave (Post 3407445)
Did they change the thickness/profile any, or did they just re-cover a stock wheel? I would love one of those, but the stock rim profile is really messed up. I would like the cross section to be round, instead of the weird flattened oval shape.

Thanks for the kind words J and it looks awesome in your car.

We did not change the profile. The steering wheel has a wire frame and we do not like to modify that to much for accident purposes. We do offer a flat bottom with thicker sides.

TripleB 06-30-2011 02:31 PM

how did you get the SS on there? it's not there in one picture, then it is in the next.

very nice looking wheel. matches your car perfectly!

slick rick 06-30-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleB (Post 3407598)
how did you get the SS on there? it's not there in one picture, then it is in the next.

:popcorn:

cyberLS 06-30-2011 02:57 PM

cool what you doing with your stock leather wheel

Revo1 06-30-2011 03:23 PM

Humna humna! :drool:

ElManny 06-30-2011 05:23 PM

ah man i cant believe im in those shots :facepalm: jk i have to say it was by far very well made, didnt have to transfer as mush from one wheel to the other, actually left the landing panel for the SS. i love that wheel. mine looks ok and feels nice but the DSV is on another level and i wish i had gone with you guys instead of ace :cry: buy me a dsv wheel josh!

ElManny 06-30-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

the notch is still there for the SS. he just had to poke a hole and push it in. not sure if hes gonna have to dab a little glue on it

Indpowr 06-30-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElManny (Post 3408317)
ah man i cant believe im in those shots :facepalm: jk i have to say it was by far very well made, didnt have to transfer as mush from one wheel to the other, actually left the landing panel for the SS. i love that wheel. mine looks ok and feels nice but the DSV is on another level and i wish i had gone with you guys instead of ace :cry: buy me a dsv wheel josh!

I am glad you got to see our product first hand. A lot of people have a hard time understanding the quality we offer and I am glad you had the chance to see it. We offer a lot of other items other than the wheel for your car. :D

Thanks for helping him install it, it looks great in his car.

ElManny 06-30-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indpowr (Post 3408606)
I am glad you got to see our product first hand. A lot of people have a hard time understanding the quality we offer and I am glad you had the chance to see it. We offer a lot of other items other than the wheel for your car. :D

Thanks for helping him install it, it looks great in his car.

haha oh i know it :D thats why ill be in contact soon for parts of my own. for sure i need a ebrake handle cause the one they sent was crap just ask jay. lol all this talk of carbon fiber consoles i might have to get me one too

Mindz 06-30-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDXIIIDave (Post 3407445)

It feels like the wheel is stock, just with different materials. The leather might add 1-2 mils but I don't feel any difference.

Quote:

I had to use a steak knife and just made a small incision and pushed the pin back in. It's not 100% set in there, but it's in there enough. I'll be getting some glue and using a clamp or something to get it to fit like it did on the factory wheel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberLS (Post 3407688)
cool what you doing with your stock leather wheel

Sending it back to DSV.