Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Project Z/LE (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359332)

SilverSlayer-SS 05-20-2014 07:41 AM

Project Z/LE

4 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone , I'm going to start another build thread for my other upcoming camaro ( hopefully ) :iono:.

Project Z/LE

why the name ?
because i always wanted to own a 1LE camaro , and in my country they don't offer them in showrooms , and if i wanted one id have to wait for 6 months to get it. but normal SS camaro's are in stock. so getting back to the name Z/LE
i was inspired by the Z/28 , I'm not a man that likes exact replica projects , sooooo..... combining both the 1LE and the Z/28 , I've gotten an idea of building a normal camaro SS into a track capable car , which contains some of the exteriors of the Z/28 and the 1LE combined.

(20-5-2014)

Car color ?
there are two 2014 camaro's that are available in the showroom , and if they get sold , ordering a camaro would be my only option , so I'm stuck between black and a red rock metallic.

(31-08-2014)

when ?
i just bought a 2014 camaro 2ss rs in summit white , took a long time to wait but let the fun begin

mods ?
going with my own taste of mods and they are the following ( for now ):

Performance:
1- Kooks longtube Headers
2- CAI intake
3- Air-raid throttle body spacers
4- BBK throttle body
5- SLP performance thermostat
6- BMR drop springs
7- Taylor spark plug wires
8- NPP dual mode exhaust
9- Dyno Tune
10- Nightfury Cams
11- L99 to LS3 swap

Exterior:
1- Flat black hood ( 1LE inspired )
2- ACS side rockers
3- Carbon Fiber hood vent ( Z/28 inspired )
4- Giovanni portofino wheels in gloss black 20"
5- ACS front splitter
6- VDI lambo doors
7- Oracle Ghosted sidemarkers
8- Carbon Fiber spoiler ( Z/28 inspired )
9- Custom Fenders ( Z/28 inspired )
10- Heritage Grille
11- Custom Flowtie
12- Xenon Side scoops
13- Custom Z/LE badges around the car

I'm going to leave you guys with the custom badges that I've created combining the Z/28 with the 1LE logo and the car :pop2:

stay tuned for updates

LBreezie 05-20-2014 07:56 AM

Awesome! Post more pics of the mods you'll be doing

Black Knight 05-20-2014 01:26 PM

:headbang:Get it in black

SilverSlayer-SS 05-22-2014 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZL575BumbleBee (Post 7679556)
Buy the black one

i guess I'm going that way :thumbup:

SilverSlayer-SS 05-22-2014 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Knight (Post 7680284)
:headbang:Get it in black

:happy0180:

The_Blur 05-22-2014 07:19 AM

I like this concept. You're going to have a great vehicle, but for the performance aspects of either the Z/28 or 1LE, I have a couple of suggestions for parts that might not be up to the standards mentioned.

I would hold off on the lowering springs, throttle body, and throttle body spacer. The throttle body will help more when you're moving past the basic bolt-ons. The spacer is throttle response, not performance. The drop spring are going to be placed on stock suspension equipment. For real performance, you want coilovers, and you should consider a full 1LE Track Pack while you're under there. The benefits will be much better.

I like the cosmetic work. You're going to have an awesome car.

SilverSlayer-SS 05-22-2014 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 7685234)
I like this concept. You're going to have a great vehicle, but for the performance aspects of either the Z/28 or 1LE, I have a couple of suggestions for parts that might not be up to the standards mentioned.

I would hold off on the lowering springs, throttle body, and throttle body spacer. The throttle body will help more when you're moving past the basic bolt-ons. The spacer is throttle response, not performance. The drop spring are going to be placed on stock suspension equipment. For real performance, you want coilovers, and you should consider a full 1LE Track Pack while you're under there. The benefits will be much better.

I like the cosmetic work. You're going to have an awesome car.

thanks for passing by , as i said the mods planned are (for now) i appreciate your suggestions , I'm planning to buy the SLP Coilover Spring Shock System #70032A , i just mentioned the drop springs for the " looks aspect " since a full bodykit with stock ride height wouldn't look cool , again thanks for passing by and thanks for the comment :headbang:

SilverSlayer-SS 08-31-2014 04:16 PM

newest update, pulled the trigger and bought a 2014 camaro 2ss rs in summit white !

aquablueL99 08-31-2014 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSlayer-SS (Post 7924132)
newest update, pulled the trigger and bought a 2014 camaro 2ss rs in summit white !

SS...What's up? Sounds like you have a great plan for your new ride. Can't wait to see photos....Sure missed typing with you and exchanging photos...we'll get back into it...:wave:

For now...CONGRATS!! I AM EXCITED FOR YOU!!...:first:

Kurt ABL99...:chevy:

SilverSlayer-SS 08-31-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquablueL99 (Post 7924633)
SS...What's up? Sounds like you have a great plan for your new ride. Can't wait to see photos....Sure missed typing with you and exchanging photos...we'll get back into it...:wave:

For now...CONGRATS!! I AM EXCITED FOR YOU!!...:first:

Kurt ABL99...:chevy:

KURT! how have you been brother ? yeah i know i haven't been around , just stalking threads haha :facepalm: thanks man ! its great to build another 5th gen from scratch again , although the new facelift doesn't seem to have a lot of cosmetic mods :fear:

SilverSlayer-SS 09-05-2014 07:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
At home right next to silverslayer, taking it tomorrow for some custom decals :thumbsup: and possibly getting a window tint if i get enough time

2010SLVRBULIT 09-05-2014 07:44 PM

that's one sweet SIM.

Behic2320 09-06-2014 01:55 AM

Two or three, damn who are we kidding all your gorgeous cars. It's going to be a great build my dude can't wait to see how it goes