Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Important - PLEASE read (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34936)

Moose 07-30-2009 02:50 PM

Important - PLEASE read

Ladies and Gentlemen,

PLEASE, when posting in this forum, exercise restraint, keep an "open mind", have respect, and before hitting the REPLY/POST tab, re-read your comments. Please.

This is NOT a request from a "GM fanboy", (a term which has been used in a few occassions to label a person defending GM/Camaro) but from someone who tries his best to practice exactly what's been requested above.

Please remember; In expressing what it is you may have an "issue" with, your comments affect not only other's perceptions, but the automaker, and this site.

YES. The purpose of a forum such as this is to express one's thoughts regarding problems, issues, etc., but PLEASE, let's try and use this forum constructively and respectfully, and try to avoid causing such negativity. Please. Use this forum as a means to identify and resolve any issue's. Let's not use it as a means to bash GM and/or the Camaro.

Thank you all ;)

Ed

Dr Jkel 07-30-2009 02:59 PM

AMEN

Moose 07-30-2009 03:27 PM

I just wanted to add;

I think this forum dedicated to issues, etc., is a GOOD THING! :D

And I believe, for the most part, the majority have shown respect, reflected an open mind, and presented the issues in a constructive manner. :thumbsup:

I'd end by suggesting this;

When posting about a problem/issue:

1. Explain the issue/problem
2. Engage in constructive discussion with others
3. Explain what steps you're taking to resolve the issue/problem

And...very important....

4. Share how the issue/problem was resolved
5. Share the "good experiences" in the resolution

I believe this is what this sections true purpose is. :thumbsup:

(Off of my soapbox now - I promise)

Ed

PolishMike 07-30-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose (Post 739912)
:facepalm:

Maybe I somehow misled with my thoughts? :iono:

YES! You would post here! :)

Figures that would get deleted.

What I meant is that if this forum is a "the camaro is the best car ever" forum then its cool, but pointless. If I cant post, or am asked to limit, about problems I am having then whats the point of the community? Usually it is to help each other out, if I can't air my problems then why am I here?. I already see that this forum is very limited on the technical aspect and this is going to make it worse.

I do not have any problems right now but want somewhere I can turn if I do. If this is not the place then I will go somewhere else.

Moose 07-30-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolishMike (Post 739947)
Figures that would get deleted.

What I meant is that if this forum is a "the camaro is the best car ever" forum then its cool, but pointless. If I cant post, or am asked to limit, about problems I am having then whats the point of the community? Usually it is to help each other out, if I can't air my problems then why am I here?. I already see that this forum is very limited on the technical aspect and this is going to make it worse.

I do not have any problems right now but want somewhere I can turn if I do. If this is not the place then I will go somewhere else.

Mike,

You're missing the point. ;)

This is not a "Camaro is the best car ever" forum, nor has that ever been declared by this site. ;)

The point I was trying to make was, YES! PLEASE post in this section if you're having any issues/problems with your 5th Gen. Camaro.

But PLEASE, some have complained, resorted to such negativity, as to cause others to turn away from the Camaro as a possible purchase. THAT is not the point of this forum.

So just so we're clear...THIS FORUM is where to post any issue/problem.

HTWLSS 08-03-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolishMike (Post 739947)
If I cant post, or am asked to limit, about problems I am having then whats the point of the community?

The forum does not exist as an open "bitch session". It's provided as a place for the enthusiast community to discuss solutions to issues & concerns, share discoveries, and provide feedback to get maximum enjoyment out of their Camaros.

JewelZ 08-03-2009 12:04 PM

+1

BadMoose 06-06-2010 10:17 AM

Has anyone had good luck with finding the solution to the bump bump sound in the front of the '10 Camaro? My Service Manager says ALL of them do it, some worse than others, and some buyers complain and others accept the fact and live with it. I bleed Bowtie blue but this is ridiculous. I am going to start test driving Mustangs and Challengers tomorrow. Mine is a 2SS/RS manufactured in 02/10. I have added Magnaflow exhaust and had plans for other mods, but I cannot put anymore $$ in it until this noise is fixed.

Sevn86 06-06-2010 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadMoose (Post 1952146)
Has anyone had good luck with finding the solution to the bump bump sound in the front of the '10 Camaro? My Service Manager says ALL of them do it, some worse than others, and some buyers complain and others accept the fact and live with it. I bleed Bowtie blue but this is ridiculous. I am going to start test driving Mustangs and Challengers tomorrow. Mine is a 2SS/RS manufactured in 02/10. I have added Magnaflow exhaust and had plans for other mods, but I cannot put anymore $$ in it until this noise is fixed.

sorry to hear about that...but ask your service manager to check your strut mounts i had to have mine replaced...

Patfan1987 06-08-2010 08:18 PM

+1