Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Performance mod suggestions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129095)

gjarzabek009 02-13-2011 01:33 AM

Performance mod suggestions

Ok so i am planning on adding some mods to my v6 camaro this spring and I wanted to hear some suggestions. I'm looking at headers and some cold air intake so if you guys have any specific products please let me know. Thanks! I want a reasonable torque gain!

drummer5679 02-13-2011 01:38 AM

if you're going to spend money on increasing performance, maybe should think about trading in on an ss

GbrilliantQ 02-13-2011 01:49 AM

BBK LT
Injen cai

gjarzabek009 02-13-2011 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drummer5679 (Post 2834844)
if you're going to spend money on increasing performance, maybe should think about trading in on an ss

I just got it a week ago for a steal price so i would have to pay at least 6,000$++ for a ss

CamaroFreako 02-13-2011 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjarzabek009 (Post 2834864)
I just got it a week ago for a steal price so i would have to pay at least 6,000$++ for a ss

start saving then, otherwise, modding the v6 is a waste of money. well, that what I think.

jagan323 02-13-2011 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjarzabek009 (Post 2834839)
Ok so i am planning on adding some mods to my v6 camaro this spring and I wanted to hear some suggestions. I'm looking at headers and some cold air intake so if you guys have any specific products please let me know. Thanks! I want a reasonable torque gain!

Intake, Exhaust, and headers are the three no brainers here in V6 land. You can install some gears to help with torque. Tune your car, it can help bring all the mods to their full potential. Get good rubbers, for better grip. More grip means more G off the line (more torque kicking you in your balls). Lighten the car. Improve suspension so you can put ALL of your power onto the pavement without wheel hop, and lower center of gravity. Spoiler and splitter to keep your car pushed into the ground for better grip, but increase some drag. If you got the cash later on, you can start adding forced induction. Nitrous kits are a good way to go. You can research your turbos and twin turbos as well. =D Lots of stuff you can do. Every little bit helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroFreako (Post 2834873)
start saving then, otherwise, modding the v6 is a waste of money. well, that what I think.

I think I lol'd at one of your threads.

rtcat600man 02-13-2011 05:20 AM

INJEN and MRT 2.0 axle back exhaust.

It will never be a V8, but it will certainly be a FUN V6.

If I wanted nothing but fast at the track I would have built a race car.

VR Baron 02-13-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Whats in my sig. Longtubes for more pwer but here I have the smog nazi's to worry about.Then you need to buy the right axelback or catback as you have to be sure of the sound you like as combos all sound different

Josh@ARH 02-13-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

I would definitely recommend a set of long tube headers, an intake and a tune for your car. The V6's are actually becoming quite popular to mod and they perform extremely well.

Here is a thread about our ARH headers for the V6 Camaro. On the last page you will see a dyno sheet posted by Devildoc. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59887

usa1camaro1969 02-13-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroFreako (Post 2834873)

Again. Go outside with the hammer....
Sell your v6, please, so I don't have to hear your beotchin'.:bonk:
And that's what I think.

jroc7 02-13-2011 12:20 PM

What's with the V6 hating? Not everyone can afford the premium on the V6 or don't like all the electronic complications. I hope the new ZL1 owners stick their noses up at some of these SS owners they way they do at the V6 owners. If you want to be a snob, buy a BMW or a Mercedes. The word "Camaro" means friend, not stuck up prick. I could afford a V6 and mod the crap out of it for less than a SS. SS models usually look cookie cutter, so I got a base V6, didn't waste the money on the RS crap, and did my own thing, and I get a lot of compliments from SS owners who want to know how I did it all and can't believe how little money I've had to spend. I'm doing an exhaust and some interior asthetic mods this spring. I agree that intake and exhaust are a great way to start and won't even affect your warranty if you're careful.

jagan323 02-13-2011 01:15 PM

Amen! God bless the V6 =D

PoorMansCamaro 02-13-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drummer5679 (Post 2834844)

I have an idea, the OP asked about the v6. So how about talk about that, or nothing? Sound like a plan? I think there are more than enough threads about v6/v8 that you can post in, if you really wanted to...

KMPrenger 02-13-2011 02:32 PM

My thoughts: Go Injen for best performing intake, otherwise if your not comfortable with the Injen long tube CAI (because of its more difficult instal or where the filter sits) then do some research into a traditional box CAI....OR wait for results for the ne Vararam intake.

BBK long tube headers will also make a noticable increase, but be sure to combine that with an exhaust that will not be too crazy loud, unless you like it that way!

Tune won't be required but thats up to you. You'd be looking at an addition 400 - 600 bucks, and who knows about the warranty after that.

Don't expect the car to be an all new monster after that, but the car will more enjoyable and more fun to drive! Everyone loves doing a little customization to their baby!