Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Camaro to be officially unveiled 9/19/08 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4114)

35th02ss 05-21-2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerF (Post 70656)
I still want to hear that the Indy "unveiling" is the first time the PUBLIC sees the cars. Because, yes, I DO want to be a part of history and I don't see why that's a bad thing (was that this thread or the other one...can we get a merge or something?)

I can tell you, for some this will be the first time that they see the cars. Seeing something in a mag is not the same as in person. I do think this will be the first show you will see the cars at..........

I would not go just because the press will have the first chance to see them.....

Even with out the press I bet you'll see pics before Indy. the digital age the way it is someone will gets pics and post up. Would that keep you from going to Indy?

Remember GM is having a time of keeping these cars under wraps.....Almost next to impossible if the cars get moved......

TAG UR IT 05-21-2008 11:20 AM

^Yup. That is very true and....there's nothing like experiencing the 5th Gen in person. I know the concept....three of them, actually. But, now I need to get to know some prepros!

I think I was the one that was complaining the most. And don't get me wrong. I STILL think that the people who pushed for this to happen should be the first to get to see it. After all, we are the buying public. However, I understand that GM must take care of the media......... Yes, I know a pic or two will surface. That's the way it goes. I thought long and hard about it. I still can't miss out on this experience. It'll be something to remember for a LIFETIME.

MerF 05-21-2008 01:28 PM

You folks drive a hard bargain...I think I'm re-convinced (and over my hissy fit).

35th02ss 05-21-2008 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerF (Post 71119)
You folks drive a hard bargain...I think I'm re-convinced (and over my hissy fit).

:thumbup:

ssz28envy 05-22-2008 11:28 PM

HA!

:drool: HA! I win! I live in Indianapolis!

greysteel_M6 05-26-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild_weasel (Post 69501)
Reading the responses to that good news on that forum just makes me glad I'm on Camaro5 and not that forum.

Don't knock it, there's a reason it's called LS1TECH

TonytheTiger 05-26-2008 09:55 PM

I wish i could go to that. It would be the best day of this whole year! and about that 40 year thing... since there was a 2002 35th ann camaro will there be a special 45th ann camaro in 2012??? That i would love to see that!!

Shadow_Impala 06-21-2008 04:22 AM

Thank God I live in indianapolis:bow:

about time that finally paid off

I WILL be there

Captain Awesome 06-21-2008 10:54 AM

Too late. Christian Slater's new Spy TV show already revealed the new Camaro in the spyshots topic. LOL!

AFSNightrod 06-21-2008 11:14 AM

I'd go to Indy, but I'm going to Iraq right around that timeframe. :mad0260:

playhard67 06-21-2008 11:48 AM

I'm going to Indy for all three days.

mjwaldschm 07-24-2008 03:36 PM

Okay so now that all the reveals and specs have been released does anyone know more information about what exactly will be on display or revealed at the Indy Show? I'm hoping it it won't be one to two vehicles that are roped off. Would be really nice to actually touch and sit in one to truly get a feel for the next gen.

We are planning on making the long drive from the SF Bay Area to Indy with our son's just recently finished '70 Z-28 regardless of what will and will not be revealed or allowed. But hoping I won't be as disappointed as the webcast that was more of "Chevrolet" commerical than a Camaro event. It was very nice having the specs and will be even nicer to have pricing and exact list of factory and dealer options that will be available.

Kyle2k 07-24-2008 03:50 PM

This is kind of random but please tell me this guys post count is a glitch? 5+ million posts...if each post was worth a second he would have been on the forums for an unrealisticly minimum of 65 days of straight posting- look

Sharpe
TECH Senior Member

Trader Rating: 3