Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   AAC - Potential Quality Issue. Be AWARE of Warranty Policy (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237815)

rmyers 07-16-2012 10:19 PM

AAC - Potential Quality Issue. Be AWARE of Warranty Policy

Great looking product but buyer should be aware of warranty repair process. This is the second set of concept side markers i have installed, the first was on my wife's 2010 when it was new, and the 2nd set are on my new ZL1. It was the first mod applied to both cars, which should say something about how I feel about these side markers.

That being said, the for the first order, immediately there was a problem with 4-5 of the LEDs in one of the lights not working, leaving a noticeable gap in the light string. I called AAC and gave them a credit card to put a deposit on the replacement unit, which I totally understood. They needed to be assured they would get the defective one back. The downside to that transaction was it required that I pay shipping on the defective product, and it took weeks for me to get my deposit returned to my card. No worries, I figured it was a one-time situation and I wasn't going to post anything about my experience.

I just got off the phone with customer service for the same problem with one of the side marker lights on my ZL1 and was told I needed to send the unit in for repair and wait for it to be repaired. She did not indicate how long it would take but in fairness to her, I did not ask. I explained that was not how it was done previously but she assured me that was the current policy.

I totally respect the business' right, and in fact necessity, to have a clear warranty replacement/repair policy, and that policy is stated on their website. That being said, given the nature of the cars these products are installed, forcing me to put the stock units back on for a week or more, or worse, rolling around with 3 concept markers and 1 stock, or just not driving the car until I get the repaired unit back, are not good options for me. I would urge AAC to rethink this policy in light of how their products are used and the customer's perspective.

I would also caution everyone that purchases this product, to check them frequently after installation. This is the second set I own, and have experienced the same problem with both sets shortly after installation. For both orders, I am having to pay to ship a defective product back to the manufacturer.

I think these are great looking products but unfortunately from my perspective quality is a concern at this point based upon my own experience.

MARINE1991 07-16-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmyers (Post 5299726)
Great looking product but buyer should be aware of warranty repair process. This is the second set of concept side markers i have installed, the first was on my wife's 2010 when it was new, and the 2nd set are on my new ZL1. It was the first mod applied to both cars, which should say something about how I feel about these side markers.

That being said, the for the first order, immediately there was a problem with 4-5 of the LEDs in one of the lights not working, leaving a noticeable gap in the light string. I called AAC and gave them a credit card to put a deposit on the replacement unit, which I totally understood. They needed to be assured they would get the defective one back. The downside to that transaction was it required that I pay shipping on the defective product, and it took weeks for me to get my deposit returned to my card. No worries, I figured it was a one-time situation and I wasn't going to post anything about my experience.

I just got off the phone with customer service for the same problem with one of the side marker lights on my ZL1 and was told I needed to send the unit in for repair and wait for it to be repaired. She did not indicate how long it would take but in fairness to her, I did not ask. I explained that was not how it was done previously but she assured me that was the current policy.

I totally respect the business' right, and in fact necessity, to have a clear warranty replacement/repair policy, and that policy is stated on their website. That being said, given the nature of the cars these products are installed, forcing me to put the stock units back on for a week or more, or worse, rolling around with 3 concept markers and 1 stock, or just not driving the car until I get the repaired unit back, are not good options for me. I would urge AAC to rethink this policy in light of how their products are used and the customer's perspective.

I would also caution everyone that purchases this product, to check them frequently after installation. This is the second set I own, and have experienced the same problem with both sets shortly after installation. For both orders, I am having to pay to ship a defective product back to the manufacturer.

I think these are great looking products but unfortunately from my perspective quality is a concern at this point based upon my own experience.

yea thats how they do it... :yikes: :facepalm: They offered me another way to buy one marker then once they receive it back they refunded my money.. they were pretty good about it, still had to pay for shipping both ways thow.. :yikes: :facepalm: but at least they took care of it, better then some compaines not caring after selling them to you then you have to buy another one outright... :w00t: :thumbup: :popcorn:

MARINE1991 07-16-2012 10:30 PM

Also I bought some silcone and double sealthem and have not any issues with them leaking or dyeing out... :w00t: :thumbup: and I wash my car atleast once a week.. :w00t:

rmyers 07-16-2012 10:32 PM

Unfortunately they did not offer me that option this time. I also wash my car frequently. I truly love the product but question the quality control processes that are in place. I could just be unlucky but for me its a 25% failure rate.

MARINE1991 07-16-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmyers (Post 5299791)
Unfortunately they did not offer me that option this time. I also wash my car frequently. I truly love the product but question the quality control processes that are in place. I could just be unlucky but for me its a 25% failure rate.

call them back and ask them, I am sure they will do that... :w00t: I agree, but there the only ones that make most of the products, and they do have a good warrenty so its not bad...also bought the after burner LEDs and had one of the wires just come off the it was the last one I was working on, so had to fix it myself, luckly i was able to fix it, otherwise I would have been down until the sent out another one.. :thumbup:

STuRTzz 07-16-2012 11:41 PM

Some parts are harder to repair. I would be mad if I bought a color changing halo and some of them broke. Especially with the prices that shops are charging to install the lights! Something to think about when you are considering buying from them.

rmyers 07-17-2012 10:36 AM

Called them this morning to see if I could purchase a replacement and get a refund when they receive the defective one back. Was told they are no longer doing that. Again it is their right as a business to make that decision, but what I see is a 25% failure rate on 2 consecutive orders, 2 years apart. So I am either very unlucky or this company has some QC issues to address.

Tiffanie@AACstyle.com 07-17-2012 10:41 AM

I am sorry that you had an issue with the sidemarker.

We do offer a lifetime warranty on all of our products and we are happy to get this exchanged for you. I believe the rep you spoke with has already emailed you the warranty form so we can get it taken care of you.

c_LoW29 07-17-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiffanie@AACstyle.com (Post 5301684)
I am sorry that you had an issue with the sidemarker.

We do offer a lifetime warranty on all of our products and we are happy to get this exchanged for you. I believe the rep you spoke with has already emailed you the warranty form so we can get it taken care of you.

I dont think the issue is the warranty I think the issue here is that his experience with multiple sets failing and paying multiple shipping fees outweighs the benefit of having a lifetime warranty. I dont know about anyone else but I dont want to have another part on my car that requires me to constantly check and maintain.

Ivan @ Southwest Speed 07-17-2012 12:49 PM

OP, hit up Jonathan at AAC.

He's a great guy, stands up for their products, and has been known to be an even better supporter of our Camaro community than anywhere else.

I'm sure in your case, he'd be more than willing to try to help you directly.

Good luck and I'm sorry to hear about your experiences.
Ivan

MARINE1991 07-17-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmyers (Post 5301648)
Called them this morning to see if I could purchase a replacement and get a refund when they receive the defective one back. Was told they are no longer doing that. Again it is their right as a business to make that decision, but what I see is a 25% failure rate on 2 consecutive orders, 2 years apart. So I am either very unlucky or this company has some QC issues to address.

thats crazy... Sorry to hear that, yea call johnathan up, I know if they told me that I know I would be pissed too...:yikes: :facepalm: :paddle:

rmyers 07-17-2012 02:00 PM

Well I asked the representative on the phone, she went and talked to someone and came back with the answer that they no longer did that. It is not my intention to slam the company or seek special favors from anyone. I would only encourage AAC to think about the policy and the position it places its customers in. If you are going to stand behind your product and offer a lifetime warranty, I don't understand why you wouldn't allow the customer to buy the replacement and send you back the defective product for a refund, especially when it is 1 of a set of 4 and it has only been in use for a month or so.

MARINE1991 07-17-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmyers (Post 5302846)
Well I asked the representative on the phone, she went and talked to someone and came back with the answer that they no longer did that. It is not my intention to slam the company or seek special favors from anyone. I would only encourage AAC to think about the policy and the position it places its customers in. If you are going to stand behind your product and offer a lifetime warranty, I don't understand why you wouldn't allow the customer to buy the replacement and send you back the defective product for a refund, especially when it is 1 of a set of 4 and it has only been in use for a month or so.

I dont know eaither, they did it for me on two different times... :iono:

Carriccp 07-17-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmyers (Post 5302846)
Well I asked the representative on the phone, she went and talked to someone and came back with the answer that they no longer did that. If you are going to stand behind your product and offer a lifetime warranty, I don't understand why you wouldn't allow the customer to buy the replacement and send you back the defective product for a refund, especially when it is 1 of a set of 4 and it has only been in use for a month or so.

I tried to do this about two months ago and they wouldn't let me either. But they would however let me buy one and keep it as a spare. Gee thanks. :D I just had to drive around with 3 sidemarker lights for the time it took me to get it back.

All in all, I have had no problems with AAC and get tons of compliments on their stuff on my car. :)