Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Stupid Salesman (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749)

SSRich 03-11-2007 02:35 PM

Stupid Salesman

I went to a dealership this weekend and we was talking about a new silverado and then we started talking about the new camaro. We was talking and out of no where he said that they are going to start out at 40,000 i said 40,000 I'm thinking more about 30,000 then he said that the aren't going to be mass produced like in 69. I should have set him straight but i didn't and say then why did bob lutz say that they are planning on selling 150,000 a year isn't that mass produced. So i asked him if he was talking just for the first year and he said no what an idiot.

3whiterag 03-11-2007 06:09 PM

Sounds to me like he doesn't know whether his a$$ is bored, drilled, reamed or punched!

Moose 03-11-2007 07:34 PM

There is ALOT of misinformation out there. :rolleyes:

I feel at this point, I probably know ALOT more than the dealer.

TAG UR IT 03-12-2007 12:04 AM

If I worked at a dealer, I'd sell the hell out of Camaros. Misinformation is right on the nose, there. But, we know a whole lot more them at this point...including those salesmen who are with us here on the boards. Obviously, that guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Personally, I'd let him in on a pointer or two....mmmmk...more like three and four. :D

OverAnxious 03-12-2007 06:07 AM

'Stupid Salesman' = synonym :D

Mr. Wyndham 03-14-2007 01:29 PM

My dealer said something along the same lines--that they are going to be produced in a limited number, therefore, the dealers around my area are only going to get 2-3 Camaros a piece!!!

Please someone tell me that's wrong...I know what Lutz said about 150,000 target...but I'm doubting

IROC'em 03-14-2007 01:59 PM

They will not produce camaro in limited number or they wouldnt have put 2 different V6 motors in it. Hell if they were gonna make em in limited production I doubt they would even have a base V-8. This is just stupid information coming from stupid people. Only way this would even be close to credible is if they have misinterpreted correct information and are only talking about the first quarter.

Casull 03-14-2007 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IROC'em (Post 8437)
They will not produce camaro in limited number or they wouldnt have put 2 different V6 motors in it. Hell if they were gonna make em in limited production I doubt they would even have a base V-8. This is just stupid information coming from stupid people. Only way this would even be close to credible is if they have misinterpreted correct information and are only talking about the first quarter.

Lol.... they will not produce the Camaro in a limited number becasue they have already ublically stated that they intend to sell 100,000 of them a year! Unless "limited" is relative term, i don't think 100,000 counts as limited.

IROC'em 03-14-2007 02:18 PM

Ya the stated it ublically!... whatever that means... lol

Mr. Wyndham 03-14-2007 02:35 PM

Thanks guys...I want to trust him, but this was stupid of me to believe...I guess I overreacted:p

stevenm357 03-14-2007 06:18 PM

What an idiot.

Either this guy was just a dolt. and i would have asked him where he got his information, and if he plans to still be selling cars next year when the car actually comes out.

OR he was puffing to the guy to get more money out of a car he miiiight not be able to get.. adn in small areas they will be hard to get for dealers that don't sell crap anyway. especially the top of the line models will be hard to get.

Casull 03-14-2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IROC'em (Post 8444)
Ya the stated it ublically!... whatever that means... lol

lol... I type too fast... was supposed to be publically.... :laugh:

Mr. Wyndham 03-14-2007 06:43 PM

Well I wouldn't consider Western New York a small area. There are at least 3 Chevrolet Dealers within 10 miles of me....

SSRich 03-14-2007 09:01 PM

i was looking at a sports car when i was talking to him for my papaw and that's what he said. He could have just told me that so i would buy a sports car now but he still probably thinks that. I told him if they start out at 40,000 they wont be to many sold then.