Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   windows go down when locking doors. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35755)

coolman 08-04-2009 09:11 PM

:facepalm:

rodimus prime 08-05-2009 07:16 AM

I dont know how to help you, but there was a guy on ls1tech (i believe) that when he made right turns it rolled one of his windows down.

dreammy 08-05-2009 07:17 AM

If I am not mistaken this is a planned feature.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolman (Post 761265)
Hey, guys she just called me from work and said the damn thing did it again. She walked away from car, pressed lock on key fob and windows went down. Not much point in locking it with windows down. I just glad she looks at the car when she locks it so it doesn't set there all day with the windows down. I guess It will go back to dealer.

Check your owners manual. My husbands 2010 Mustang does the same thing. Something about cabin pressure and slamiming the door?

dreammy 08-05-2009 07:24 AM

I believe it is called window indexing. Check page 21 of the owners manual that you can download on this site. Hope this helps.

67 Convertible 08-05-2009 07:28 AM

Never heard of that problem, but to reprogram the window.....Sit in car with door closed and key on. Roll window all the way down and immediately without taking your finger off the control, roll the window all the way up. Hold the switch in the up position for 2-3 seconds. This reprograms the window. It may help with your problem, if not you need to have dealer look at it.

dreammy 08-05-2009 07:33 AM

Ok I misunderstood you. It does sound that what you are experiencing is a problem. I would call the service center and describe it and ask how to proceed in reprograming. Also described by 67 COnvertible up a few posts.

Unfair 08-05-2009 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodimus prime (Post 761269)
I dont know how to help you, but there was a guy on ls1tech (i believe) that when he made right turns it rolled one of his windows down.

Thats about the funniest thing i have heard this week!! lol imagine turning right and your window rolling down!!

FI4T0MCAT 08-05-2009 08:00 AM

coolman im sorry to hear about your problem, but it is a little amusing to hear about.

Scott@Bjorn3D 08-05-2009 05:01 PM

Did you try the other keyfob that came with the car? It could be the one she uses went bad.

CamaroSpike23 08-05-2009 05:13 PM

do the windows just crack slightly or do they go all the way down?

dayvedayve 08-05-2009 05:27 PM

A co-worker had a newern Nissan Ultima. It had a safety feature that when the car "sensed" that it was sinking in water it would roll the windows down. During Hurricane IKE it flooded about 3 ft. Sure enough all windows rolled down. She was watching the water rise and noticed the windoes going down. Maybe the Camaro has this feature and its shorting out?

FI4T0MCAT 08-05-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolman (Post 763608)
I'm glad you think it's funny. I'll just tell you one thing. Make sure you look back at your car everytime you lock it or it just might not be there when you get back or it might be soaking wet inside on a rainy day. That would be a real hoot.

Well if it were my car doing it, i would have it in to the dealer the same day that it happened. It would still be kind of a funny quirk even if it were my car. Crazy things like that on cars amuse me, sorry man no offense to you, I feel bad for you that your car is doing that, and i hope you get it fixed soon.

FI4T0MCAT 08-05-2009 06:38 PM

Defenitely will, and please let us know what you find out, that is indeed a scary flaw.

Aaron1121 08-05-2009 07:31 PM

This is sweet. They should just make it the opposite, so that when you hold the unlock button it will roll the windows down, and roll them back up when you lock it.

CamaroSpike23 08-05-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolman (Post 763771)
She tried the other fob today. It worked this morning, but it didn't work tonight. windows go all the way down (both of them).

I know with some key fobs and some cars that you can roll the windows down. ive never had a car that does it nor have I looked into what series of buttons to push to do it, but maybe something got cross wired and its rolling the windows down when it shouldnt be. :iono:

JewelZ 08-05-2009 08:07 PM

it probably has parts of an old 69 Camaro and is haunted, lolz

CamaroSpike23 08-06-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolman (Post 764513)
You know, this is off topic,but my wife says all the time when she goes in the garage in the moring, it looks like it wants to eat her.

:headbang:

carfansince73 08-06-2009 03:44 PM

I wish the windows and sunroof could close using the key FOB. Also wish you could lower the windows with the FOB too (not the sunroof in case the roof is wet from rain).

Sure would be nice to vent that heat on these 95 degree days.

SS4PK 08-07-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dayvedayve (Post 763741)
A co-worker had a newern Nissan Ultima. It had a safety feature that when the car "sensed" that it was sinking in water it would roll the windows down. During Hurricane IKE it flooded about 3 ft. Sure enough all windows rolled down. She was watching the water rise and noticed the windoes going down. Maybe the Camaro has this feature and its shorting out?

funny explain that to the insurance agent, I swear I saw them roll down.

SS4PK 08-07-2009 12:48 PM

funny coolman whenever my wife comes in from driving her SS I want to eat her, is it the same thing?

rez14usn 08-07-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolman (Post 761306)
The windows index find when she gets out and closes the door the window goes back up to home position. The windows don't go down until she presses lock on the key fob to lock the doors. And, both windows go completely down. maybe their's something wrong with the indexing system. How did you correct the problem in the mustang. The car has 1500 miles on it and it just started last night.

So this does NOT happen when you attempt it???
Maybe she has some extra-internal RFs pulsating??? :sm0:

Very weird.... :iono:

Xmicro_SS 08-07-2009 01:42 PM

MY VW Passat had a feature that if you held in the lock key on the remote the windows and sunroof would close. If you held in the unlock button the windows would roll down. Great in the heat.

I never tried this in the Camaro yet, I will check tonight,

Ammo7 08-07-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreammy (Post 761292)
I believe it is called window indexing. Check page 21 of the owners manual that you can download on this site. Hope this helps.

can you post a link to the owners manual
thanks

Gentry78 08-07-2009 04:26 PM

does the camaro even have this feature for say when unlocking you hold it longer and the windows go down?

or does she even hold the button or just quickly depress it and let go

CamaroSpike23 08-07-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS (Post 772074)
MY VW Passat had a feature that if you held in the lock key on the remote the windows and sunroof would close. If you held in the unlock button the windows would roll down. Great in the heat.

I never tried this in the Camaro yet, I will check tonight,

let us know. thats my thoughts on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gentry78 (Post 772847)
does the camaro even have this feature for say when unlocking you hold it longer and the windows go down?

or does she even hold the button or just quickly depress it and let go

thats what I'm wondering.... on both accounts

Xmicro_SS 08-08-2009 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 773183)
let us know. thats my thoughts on it.

thats what I'm wondering.... on both accounts

Well I tested it out and NO, we do not have these features. It is so easy for GM to program these features at next to zero cost, that is what would make them a step above. :iono:

Vash 08-08-2009 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dayvedayve (Post 763741)

I don't GM cars have that. Correct if wrong. It would be in the owners manual if it had it.

CamaroSpike23 08-08-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS (Post 774734)
Well I tested it out and NO, we do not have these features. It is so easy for GM to program these features at next to zero cost, that is what would make them a step above. :iono:

well, there goes my theory.... unless the OP's car somehow got programed with it.... :iono:

WySS 08-08-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 776090)
well, there goes my theory.... unless the OP's car somehow got programed with it.... :iono:

The 2010 Equinox will roll down the windows if you hold the lock button on the remote, I tried it with my friends 2010 Camaro since mine hasnt arrived yet and her car will not roll down the windows by holding the lock button on the transmitter. BTW the transmitters are the same style between the new Equinox and the Camaro.

CamaroSpike23 08-08-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WySS (Post 776115)
The 2010 Equinox will roll down the windows if you hold the lock button on the remote, I tried it with my friends 2010 Camaro since mine hasnt arrived yet and her car will not roll down the windows by holding the lock button on the transmitter. BTW the transmitters are the same style between the new Equinox and the Camaro.

curiouser and curiouser