Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Decisions decisions!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70166)

2011hereicome 03-10-2010 07:55 AM

Decisions decisions!!!

Ok, it is now about a week before I order my car and I simply can not decide. Black or CGM!!!! On the one hand 20%+ have black so that would not be all that unique. But it looks SO sleek! CGM is still great looking but just not quite the same. Anyone else have this issue? Big worries for me with black is how dirty it can look without being dirty. And I hear black just doesn't stay "black" all that long. Any incites would be more than welcome. Thanks.

papabearcamaro 03-10-2010 08:00 AM

If I had to choose between the two it would definetly be CGM. Like I mentioned in another post black is way overdone. CGM with a nice color stripe would be the ticket.

2011hereicome 03-10-2010 08:04 AM

I definitely do hear you on the "overdone" part.. just something about it melts my heart, idk. Plus I've never seen a CGM in person and I know pictures don't always do great justice.

Apex Motorsports 03-10-2010 08:07 AM

PQ will be along soon to convince you that black should be the only color made, but I had a 4th gen SS in black and it gets old. While it looks great when its clean, it shows everything. Every speck of pollen or dust, every scratch, swirl and ding. And a black car with black interior is like an oven in summer. When my wife would climb in with shorts on you could hear bacon sizzling.

Dave Coyle 03-10-2010 08:10 AM

I'd go woth the CGM, I have a black 1970 and though it looks great when clean, it is very hard to keep clean. I think that the CGM with a nice strip package in white would look great and as you stated, not very many of them around compaird to the black one.

myold88 03-10-2010 08:10 AM

It's a personal decision. I turned down a black SS at my dealer last May. It's the last color I would order, but there's a reason they come in 10 distinct colors.
Different strokes for different folks.... I've never seen a bad looking stock new Camaro.

2011hereicome 03-10-2010 08:13 AM

Yeah the clean thing is going to be a big thing. I hate a nice car that's dirty. I really didn't even think about the swirl marks, that's a very good point.

BEARS-SS 03-10-2010 08:15 AM

There is nothing more sexy then a clean black car. If I was to do it again, I would probably go with black (maybe with IOM stripes). I love my IOM, but I've seen some black ones on here that have been "blacked out" that I love too.

One of my buddies has a CGM with black stripes, it looks good, but not as good as black.

ron10 03-10-2010 08:18 AM

CGM.:thumbsup:

Tysen 03-10-2010 08:19 AM

CGM man. Black hides some of the beautiful lines on this car too.

clg_98ta 03-10-2010 08:30 AM

I almost didn't buy the black because there are so many around. But I did and every time I go around a corner or come out of a store and see the car (or any clean black Camaro) I remember why I bought it.

When its dirty, it just another Camaro. But there's something about the glossy black paint when its clean and shiny that sends a shiver down my spine... No other Camaro colors have that effect on me...

Kendell347 03-10-2010 08:36 AM

Black is definitely tough to keep clean I will admit it. :mad0259: But its not too difficult with all the cleaners out on the market. Black does turn heads though. If I didn't have my 2007 Xterra in Knight Armor (pretty much CGM), I probably would have opted for CGM. My runner up was going to be IBM.

Scrappy Doo 03-10-2010 08:38 AM

CGM with black stripes

Domic 03-10-2010 08:56 AM

My 04 truck is black and it still looks great when it's clean. I think all colors look dirty when they're dirty, black just looks more shiny when it's clean. I had a white truck before that was the same way, when it was dirty, it looked bad to me. The key is to wash it every five hours or so.