Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   People F'n with your car (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285866)

boombuilt 03-29-2013 01:08 PM

People F'n with your car

A spin off of the haters gonna hate thread, what kind of parking lot treasures have y'all had the pleasure of finding done to your car. It seems the the knuckle dragg'n f**ktards around here like to throw trash in my car when I park it with the top down. My favorite so far was the Mc Donalds bags chunked in with a nice mix of nuggets, burgers and a chocolate shake exploded all over the seats/ dash.

MichaelH 03-29-2013 01:10 PM

dang man its definately time to move for you

DuskSS 03-29-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boombuilt (Post 6354408)
A spin off of the haters gonna hate thread, what kind of parking lot treasures have y'all had the pleasure of finding done to your car. It seems the the knuckle dragg'n f**ktards around here like to throw trash in my car when I park it with the top down. My favorite so far was the Mc Donalds bags chunked in with a nice mix of nuggets, burgers and a chocolate shake exploded all over the seats/ dash.

Um no stories at all.
everyone looks but doesn't touch.

what part of houston are you having issues on?
at City Centre and Katy areas no one touches it.

06_warrior 03-29-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boombuilt (Post 6354408)

When i had my convertible Mustang back in the day the only way i would park with the top down in a public place would be if i could see my car from what ever store i was in etc. If not then i would put the top up so nobody could mess with it. Sorry to hear of them throwing food into your car. Did the shake completely come out of the seats/dash?

SlingShot 03-29-2013 01:19 PM

I've Had all three of the cars in my siggy keyed by a 15 year old punk one night, because he was bored. Thankfully he didn't know we have security cameras in the front of our house, and he ended up getting charged with a 3rd degree felony. Needless to say, he's really bored now being on probation and house arrest between 6pm to 6am 7 days a week for 18 months.

DuskSS 03-29-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlingShot (Post 6354451)
I've Had all three of the cars in my siggy keyed by a 15 year old punk one night, because he was bored. Thankfully he didn't know we have security cameras in the front of our house, and he ended up getting charged with a 3rd degree felony. Needless to say, he's really bored now being on probation and house arrest between 6pm to 6am 7 days a week for 18 months.

hope he had to pay restitution for 3 FACTORY paint jobs.

16k or so..

SlingShot 03-29-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuskSS (Post 6354466)
hope he had to pay restitution for 3 FACTORY paint jobs.

16k or so..

Nope, just the $100 deductible on each car plus court cost.

mr_honez 03-29-2013 01:30 PM

I haven't had anything done to my car, but I found my Ducati pushed over in a parking lot at least once, and possibly just backed into the second time knocking it over. It was over $4000 in damage to repair (Fairings, gas tank, bent Sato rearset, broken clutch lever, fairing stay,.. you get the picture) Pissed me off to no end. Never found out who did it. Now I never park her in a regular lot.

ChibiBlackSheep 03-29-2013 01:32 PM

I've had the "use my trunk as a seat" problem.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d5...0731-00007.jpg

But luckily I was able to compound it all out

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d5...0731-00008.jpg

boombuilt 03-29-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuskSS (Post 6354420)

I live at Cypresswood & 249 but it happens all over the place. I was seeing a girl with a house in Conroe and someone threw a potted plant in the car while we were inside playing pool.:smiling1: I've only had the car for three months and it's happened almost a dozen times. You think I'd learn...

jph2275 03-29-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuskSS (Post 6354420)
Um no stories at all.
everyone looks but doesn't touch.

at City Centre and Katy areas no one touches it.

I was living at Camden City Centre in midtown for a year or so and there was a lot of wheel/tire thieves that would hit our garage. Thankfully that never happened to me, but I also had gorilla lug locks. Also a few times when my car was sort of dirty *I suspect* drunk people coming back from the midtown bar area would write nonsensical messages on my side glass. This was usually discovered on saturday/sunday mornings. I can only imagine IF I had a vert' with the top left down what would have happened.

usnavydoc 03-29-2013 02:45 PM

I had someone leave scratches on my hood when they sat on it. Last month someone poured a bottle of pepto bismol on the wheels and body. Took me over an hour to wash it off.

lbls1 03-29-2013 03:14 PM

I don't allow such things. My dd has to take most of the risk, but for my significant ones I do not park them unattended.

Dr. Love 03-29-2013 03:15 PM

Maybe all of you need to move to TN. People aren't as mean around here....