Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Roto-fab continues commitment to the ZL1... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262903)

Roto-fab 1 11-27-2012 10:15 AM

Roto-fab continues commitment to the ZL1...

Here in the shop, we have been working day, night and weekends to create innovative products for you. I personally eat, sleep and breath ZL1 and have every since we brought our ZL1 into the shop. Although I'm no longer permitted to say "ZL1" in the house, I do go to sleep thinking of what we will make next for this amazing car!

Our ZL1 cold air intake system has been a great success so far. Whether you want to go "no tune" or get wild with your ZL1, this is a great intake for you! In addition to our cold air intake, we are offering some cosmetic products such as carbon fiber finish engine cover, strut tower brace and fuse relay cover to match the finish offered on our intake system.

Back to performance-we have our own SC coolant reservoir for the ZL1 which mounts behind the air box. The kit will be available later this month. The reservoir itself is available now for those that can't wait, but we would rather supply the complete kit with instructions which will happen very soon! We have put our ZL1 Big Gulp air intake scoop ahead of everything for the moment-more on that in a minute.

Our W/W kit does mount in the same location as the S/C coolant reservoir, so we will be developing another WW washer reservoir for those who want both.

As many of you know, we are also in development of a very unique air scoop just for the ZL1. Below is a look at our Big Gulp air scoop and brake duct combination.

We will continue our commitment to this product line and to you as a ZL1 owner. Your input has been appreciated: and as you can see, has been integrated into our products.Thanks for your continued support-we aren't done yet either!
Mike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xwcuvJ05j4

DangerZL1 11-27-2012 12:18 PM

Thank you for your commitment to the development of products for the ZL1, and especially the no tune required CAI. I installed mine a couple weeks ago, and it is a high quality product with well written instructions. Love the sounds coming from it and the additional performance. I'm interested in the air duct and the SC reservior too and they are at the top of my mod list. I could spend every spare $ I have on this car and then some. Thanks again!

babigguy 11-27-2012 12:33 PM

Ok maybe you covered this in another thread but when in the air intake position does the big gulp still apply air to the front break?

Roto-fab 1 11-27-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babigguy (Post 5851562)
Ok maybe you covered this in another thread but when in the air intake position does the big gulp still apply air to the front break?

No, in the "air intake" position virtually all of the air is going to the intake. However, in the "brake duct" position you are receiving appr. the same amount of air to the brakes as the stock duct while providing air to the intake. In other words, you can run all air to intake, or a combination of air to intake and air to brakes. This is possible because our duct is using more of the opening in the grill and maintains a larger cross section which allows more air flow than the stock duct. We decided there is no sense in running more air to the brakes than stock which would also be cooling more than the other side, therefore, a position of "all brake" duct isn't required.
Mike

babigguy 11-27-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 (Post 5852191)
No, in the "air intake" position virtually all of the air is going to the intake. However, in the "brake duct" position you are receiving appr. the same amount of air to the brakes as the stock duct while providing air to the intake. In other words, you can run all air to intake, or a combination of air to intake and air to brakes. This is posssible because our duct is using more of the opening in the grill and maintains a larger cross section which allows more air flow than the stock duct. We decided there is no sense in running more air to the brakes than stock which would also cooling more than the other side; therefore, a position of "all brake" duct isn't required.

Gotcha thanks !!!!

radz28 11-28-2012 09:40 AM

Cool video and "thanks" for your continued development for ZL1 :D

tsnow 11-28-2012 11:55 PM

Looking forward to the Big Gulp and optional WW reservoir, as I currently have your S/C reservior.

Nice Work!

Roto-fab 1 01-09-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsnow (Post 5859330)
Looking forward to the Big Gulp and optional WW reservoir, as I currently have your S/C reservior.

Nice Work!

We are shipping our first batch of Big Gulps tomorrow! We will be working on our new W/W reservoir for those like you who have or plan to purchase our S/C coolant reservoir. For those of you that don't plan to use our S/C reservoir, we already have a W/W reservoir kit which mounts behind our air box.:thumbsup:

zl1bro 01-10-2013 08:05 AM

Does the addition of the Big Gulp to the standard CAI which adds more air into the system require a tune?

DangerZL1 01-10-2013 11:51 AM

No.

jimmy5 01-12-2013 12:55 PM

This is why I went with Roto-fab, a company that doesn't string you along, they deliver!

joes407 01-14-2013 12:27 PM

just thought id add that i have one of the original rotofabs on a 2010 SS and ive been nothing but happy. so the other day a friend of mine asked me to put his new rotofab on his 2012 SS and i was blown away! this product has seen extensive improvement since i bought my other one and i was totally impressed. cant wait to get my ZL-1 version soon!

mlee 01-14-2013 12:41 PM

Very Nice...:clap:

BlackinBlack 01-21-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joes407 (Post 6034255)
just thought id add that i have one of the original rotofabs on a 2010 SS and ive been nothing but happy. so the other day a friend of mine asked me to put his new rotofab on his 2012 SS and i was blown away! this product has seen extensive improvement since i bought my other one and i was totally impressed. cant wait to get my ZL-1 version soon!

I had an original Roto-Fab for my 2010 SS. I just ordered one for my 2013 ZL1. Guess I am a habitual Roto-Fab customer. :chevy: