Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Does Anyone Use a Club? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191014)

PercyJWellingtonIII 12-24-2011 11:00 AM

Does Anyone Use a Club?

All my previous cars I have used a steering wheel club for theft protection. For my Camaro I don't. Guess I am putting faith in the anti theft sytem. should i be still using a Club? The club used to put marks on my steering wheel after years of use and dont want my wheel marked up on this one. Club or no club? Also how good is our theft system? What exactly sets off the horn?

Dr. Krabz 12-24-2011 11:02 AM

No club here, I put my faith in Onstar. That and a .45 Auto ;)

The Stig 12-24-2011 11:17 AM

The only thing that sets the horn off is someone opening a door, the hood or trunk.

Mach 12-24-2011 11:18 AM

The club is so 1992 and is obsolete. Bolt cutters can cut through your steering wheel like a hot knife through butter.

Earl 12-24-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PercyJWellingtonIII (Post 4213906)
All my previous cars I have used a steering wheel club for theft protection. For my Camaro I don't. Guess I am putting faith in the anti theft sytem. should i be still using a Club? The club used to put marks on my steering wheel after years of use and dont want my wheel marked up on this one. Club or no club? Also how good is our theft system? What exactly sets off the horn?

Club? You're joking right? I hope you are.

Earl 12-24-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Krabz (Post 4213911)
No club here, I put my faith in Onstar. That and a .45 Auto ;)

How's the .45 gonna help?

Sir Nuke 12-24-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stieger (Post 4213957)
The only thing that sets the horn off is someone opening a door, the hood or trunk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach (Post 4213963)
The club is so 1992 and is obsolete. Bolt cutters can cut through your steering wheel like a hot knife through butter.

NOT HERE.....and never have.....its party why we have Insurance. and like Mach stated.....you can get one off pretty fast if you have the right tools, and I've seen it demonstrated.

if you carry a cell phone, adn most people do.....and if you come out and find your pride and joy missing.....have your local PD number and OnStar in your phonebook....call the PD and have your VIN Handy and have them call Onstar....but the PD has to call, and then OnStar can disable your car.

Mach 12-24-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nuke (Post 4213985)
if you carry a cell phone, adn most people do.....and if you come out and find your pride and joy missing.....have your local PD number and OnStar in your phonebook....call the PD and have your VIN Handy and have them call Onstar....but the PD has to call, and then OnStar can disable your car.

That's really good information.

Fruits of Labor 12-24-2011 12:32 PM

I still use my Club. Folks can demostrate how it can be defeated all they want, it still requires them to take that extra step to remove it during an attempted car theft. That after all is the whole point. Bulky bolt cutters or smash and grab, which one would a car thief perfer?!

mydreamcar 12-24-2011 12:36 PM

no club here, all you need is a hack saw and 5 mins good bye car. I use the brake or cluth lock bar, it locks around the brake pedal or cluth pedal and while its not fool proof it is way harder to get by especially considering how tight is under there

jandaseve 12-24-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach (Post 4213963)

:laugh: Yeah, I didn't know they still made them, and the last time I've seen one was probably mid 90's.

I grew up in Philly. Back in the early 90's one of my friends had a 5.0 mustang that was stolen with the club on it. If I'm remebering correctly he later found out the theif actually took the steering wheel off with the club attached and put another one on to drive off.

SSGUNNER 12-24-2011 01:10 PM

I had a club but fiance complained that im old school and requested i hand it back to my father. Yep so no club for me just onstar/fishing knife/sig 40 w/ lazer.

Oh and im currently getting my new garage door installed so no need for one of the above. I do kind of want to get a kill switch installed so when my 22's go on.

Pain505 12-24-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earl (Post 4213975)
How's the .45 gonna help?

If you have to ask, it cant be explained

Sent From My Droid

Sevn86 12-24-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nuke (Post 4213985)
NOT HERE.....and never have.....its party why we have Insurance. and like Mach stated.....you can get one off pretty fast if you have the right tools, and I've seen it demonstrated.

Thanks for the info