Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   RealWheels / Maui Jim “Cool Shades” Chevy Camaro debuting at 2009 SEMA (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49502)

Tran 10-28-2009 03:32 PM

RealWheels / Maui Jim “Cool Shades” Chevy Camaro debuting at 2009 SEMA

7 Attachment(s)
As featured on Homepage.

Quote:

The award-winning project team at RealWheels Corporation is known for their wild theme-vehicle projects and, quite often, the unusual partnerships used to create them. Each year, these innovative designs are unveiled at the automotive industry’s largest aftermarket products event, the SEMA Show (Specialty Equipment Market Association). The team’s marketing concept was described as “A new era in cross-promotion” when they teamed with Las Vegas Illusionist, Criss Angel for a Magic-themed Mindfreak Hummer. Then, when they arrived last year with a music-themed ride they built with legendary rockers CHEAP TRICK, it blasted show attendees with fog machines, laser lights and even the Rockband video game. So… why should we be surprised to see Team REAL roll into SEMA this year wearing sunglasses in the hall? Introducing the RealWheels / Maui Jim “Cool Shades” Chevy Camaro.

“In order to get some attention at an amazing show like SEMA, you’ve got to come up with something unique.” Says RealWheels Vice President, Jhan R. Dolphin, “For one thing, it really helps keep our team enthusiastic during the build process, and then when the vehicles are completed, they always seem more attention-getting and enjoyable for the audience. So this year, we are thrilled to join forces with luxury sunglass manufacturer, Maui Jim.”

RealWheels Corporation has just released a new billet accessory package for the new Camaro, so having one at the show was a must. Their new trim kit features billet shift knobs, fuel door, pedals, and a variety of stainless steel goodies that compliment the vehicle’s design. They used this new accessory package to put the final touch of class and style to the Cool Shades car. “There will be a lot of new Chevy Camaros at the 2009 SEMA show, but I believe ours will run with the best of them.” Added Dolphin, “This thing is sexy, stylish and aggressive.”

The custom Sherwin Williams paint and bodywork from Estrada Customs quickly draws your eye to the vehicle, and then you’ll begin to notice the aggressive stance that has been provided by the 22” Nitto tires, GWG wheels and Pedders suspension upgrades. The Maui Jim logo is placed on the upper left side of the windshield, just like a pair of Maui Jim shades. Then you open the door. The red accents that were noticed on the exterior have flowed nicely into the vehicle’s custom Alea Leather seating and trim. Team REAL’s creative use of Streetglow accent lighting has become one of their signatures, and the Camaro’s interior features seem to glow from their innovative placement of red LED lights. With a turn of the key, all of your attention goes to the sound and power. Air being thrust through the ProCharger supercharger, SLP headers and exhaust combo, create one of the best exhaust notes you can imagine.

So, where can you find this automotive beast? Look for the guys wearing the cool shades. SEMA exhibit #30167

Attachment 66870

Attachment 66871

Attachment 66872

Attachment 66873

Attachment 66874

Attachment 66875

Attachment 66876

ZNOLMT 10-28-2009 03:35 PM

That grille is .. kinda cool .. maybe a bit too futuristic for me.

Reminds me of the ford grille:

http://z.about.com/d/cars/1/0/f/q/1/...ort_grille.jpg

C4 10-28-2009 03:41 PM

wicked a$$ hell
love the interior lights
man i got to get that done

rjdapilmoto 10-28-2009 03:51 PM

Now that is nice!!!

ljustin293 10-28-2009 03:53 PM

interior :drool:

225WhiteSS 10-28-2009 03:53 PM

Just like the rims.

SZOTSTA24 10-28-2009 03:58 PM

what a badass ride!!!!! is this the v6 or v8? because it has no mail slot, but it has the v8 gauges

Stiff1ss 10-28-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SZOTSTA24 (Post 1102244)
what a badass ride!!!!! is this the v6 or v8? because it has no mail slot, but it has the v8 gauges

It is a V8 2SS RS. They smoothed out the mail slot for a cleaner look.

GreyGhost 10-28-2009 04:00 PM

While I am planning several mods for my Camaro (had the dealer remove my headlamps before I even took delivery), there isn't a thing on this themed version that interests me.

Darn it. I was hoping for more ideas!

futrocpd 10-28-2009 04:01 PM

wow the interior is awesome

BJ350HP 10-28-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SZOTSTA24 (Post 1102244)

It looks like a SS front bumper and they filled/shaved the mail slot. (GM should take note)

Shaved mail slot FTW.

68vert 10-28-2009 04:15 PM

Love: Paint, rims/tires, stance, hood mods, vents behind the front tires, sill plates/pedals, interior lighting, overall stance. I'm sure the engine mods are right on.

Not so hot: Grill - a little to look at me. Red Interior trim - nope. Spoiler - not bad, but looks to thick/chunky.

My 2 cents.

Overall very cool! Thanks for showing!

Morepwr 10-28-2009 04:20 PM

I like the dash and steering wheel treatment.

Damn there is going to be a ton of camaros at SEMA this year!

wlivingston04 10-28-2009 04:24 PM

Everything looks nice......except that grille:barf: