Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   1le wheels and tire concern for 416 Whippled 1le (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296662)

ayousef 05-20-2013 04:53 PM

1le wheels and tire concern for 416 Whippled 1le

Hey guys,

This is an all out max effort whipple 2.9 build on a 2013 1le straight off the factory floor.

Im trying to understand for starters if the wheel widths are the exact widths as the ZL1 wheels. I know the diameter is the same, just concerned about the widths since the ZL1 comes with a 315mm tire in the back, and if the width was the same the wheel would be sticking out in an ugly way with a 285mm tire.

Anyone try to stagger tire widths on a 1le? I know the squared tire dimensions has shown to be superior on the track but for a high hp vehicle that will never see track duty and mostly require straight line acceleation grip, do you think its possible to run a 315mm tire in the rear and a 285mm tire up front without running into any issues with ABS or traction control kicking in due to the different diameter ratio between the front/rear tires?

Thanks in advance! :happy0180:

snickerdoodle 05-20-2013 05:15 PM

the stock rear tire width on a ZL1 is 305 mm. You can run a staggered setup without the ABS/Traction control interefering interfering.

Ajdin@A2BMotorsport 05-20-2013 05:20 PM

1LE comes with the same exact wheel setup as the ZL1, 20x10 Front 20x11 rear, a 315 would look proper on the 20x11 or the 305 that comes stock on the ZL1

t&t moyer 05-20-2013 11:49 PM

ayousef,

Off topic, sorry.

Ah I was wondering who the 416 was going to. I was up to New Era a bit ago and the Whipple for this car was still setting in the office, that whole build is gonna be a beast!!! My 1LE will be going up to them for a tune soon. The 416 caught my attention and I might just have to look a bit more into something similar.

Cheers - Todd

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayousef (Post 6567397)
Hey guys,

This is an all out max effort whipple 2.9 build on a 2013 1le straight off the factory floor.

Im trying to understand for starters if the wheel widths are the exact widths as the ZL1 wheels. I know the diameter is the same, just concerned about the widths since the ZL1 comes with a 315mm tire in the back, and if the width was the same the wheel would be sticking out in an ugly way with a 285mm tire.

Anyone try to stagger tire widths on a 1le? I know the squared tire dimensions has shown to be superior on the track but for a high hp vehicle that will never see track duty and mostly require straight line acceleation grip, do you think its possible to run a 315mm tire in the rear and a 285mm tire up front without running into any issues with ABS or traction control kicking in due to the different diameter ratio between the front/rear tires?

Thanks in advance! :happy0180:

ayousef 05-22-2013 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t&t moyer (Post 6569064)
ayousef,

Off topic, sorry.

Ah I was wondering who the 416 was going to. I was up to New Era a bit ago and the Whipple for this car was still setting in the office, that whole build is gonna be a beast!!! My 1LE will be going up to them for a tune soon. The 416 caught my attention and I might just have to look a bit more into something similar.

Cheers - Todd

Todd,

No problem! That car is for a friend of mine who lost his mind after I started my build :biggrin: so its actually headed over to Dubai when its done! should be an insane daily driver when its done.