Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   This sounds great doesn't it? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7842)

GoldFire 10-08-2008 11:30 AM

This sounds great doesn't it?

Before I agree to this proposition by this dealer I just talked to I wanted to post their deal and see what you all think. It sounds amazing to me, but I want to make sure I am not missing anything and if there is anything I should ask before agreeing.

Quote:

Dear James

How does this sound?
1. Come in on the 13th and order a new Camaro
2. Leave a non-refundable deposit of $1000 (goes toward the purchase)
3. Let us keep the car when it arrives for 7 days on the showroom floor
4. We will sell it for just $1000 over invoice
This will save you money as it is way below MSRP and we will be able to generate some excitement at the dealership.

rlg3 10-08-2008 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldFire (Post 149487)
Before I agree to this proposition by this dealer I just talked to I wanted to post their deal and see what you all think. It sounds amazing to me, but I want to make sure I am not missing anything and if there is anything I should ask before agreeing.

If you know you want it and you have funds to buy the car if it is priced above the current expectations, I say go for it! Life is about some risk, and if your know your buying it cool. Make sure to get it in writing, good luck let us know what you do.

Chewy 10-08-2008 11:35 AM

non-refundable isn't too cool...

other than that it doesn't sound too bad - as long as your saving a pretty penny below MSRP (considering they are kinda renting/whoring your car)

GoldFire 10-08-2008 11:36 AM

Well I defiitely plan on getting one and I already have enough saved up to pay in cash as long as it is under $35k, which $1000 over invoice should definitely be I would assume.

GoldFire 10-08-2008 11:38 AM

Think I could get away with them making it only non-refundable once production starts since pricing isn't available yet? Also, how do I make sure nothing happens to the car while they show it off?

Sizzox 10-08-2008 11:38 AM

Sounds good to me but the deposit. But if you truly believe your gonna get this car no matter what i dont see what that problem with that would be. And do make sure its in writting so you can have proof of this agreement. Those are gonna be the longest 7 days of your life waiting for you car is it sits there in a glass showroom haha.

GoldFire 10-08-2008 11:43 AM

Haha yes they will be the longest 7 days. I am sure I will visit at least once a day for the entire week:p

Mr_Draco 10-08-2008 11:46 AM

Two things I don't like, "non-refundable" and leave it in the showroom for 7 days. If that dealers showroom is anything like the one I'm going to then no thanks. I personally don't want other people leaning on the car and making small scratches (because of the rivets found on higher quality jeans) plus you never know what someone may do to the car just to spite the dealer.

rlg3 10-08-2008 11:52 AM

perhaps you can get a damage wavier

The_Stache 10-08-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Dear James

How does this sound?
1. Come in on the 13th and order a new Camaro
2. Leave a non-refundable deposit of $1000 (goes toward the purchase)
3. Let us keep the car when it arrives for 7 days on the showroom floor
4. We will sell it for just $1000 over invoice
This will save you money as it is way below MSRP and we will be able to generate some excitement at the dealership.
Lost me at non-refundable, so they expect you to purchase a car regardless of how much it is (you don't know yet) AND without having test drove/inspected it.

Its not like they wouldn't be able to sell it to someone else anyway.

Go somewhere else.

Chewy 10-08-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 149502)
Two things I don't like, "non-refundable" and leave it in the showroom for 7 days. If that dealers showroom is anything like the one I'm going to then no thanks. I personally don't want other people leaning on the car and making small scratches (because of the rivets found on higher quality jeans) plus you never know what someone may do to the car just to spite the dealer.

i'd get it in writing that they'll fix any damages that may incure (i.e. scratches)

@ the BMW dealership here, NO one can even get close to the new M6s, the dealers couldn't even get in in the car - except for whomever drove it in, and the drives it out. hopefully they'll protect your 'maro like that

GoldFire 10-08-2008 11:54 AM

I just talked to him on the phone about it, he is talking to his boss about non-refundable being changed to refundable. Also, their showroom is very nice and new, and noone will be allowed to touch it or get near it, for eyes-only. They also said they will put in the writing a damage waver, so it sounds great to me. He said I will get the first one.

GameOver620 10-08-2008 12:12 PM

that 7 day thing sounds a little crazy to me. people will be in and out of car for 7 days. i couldn't do it.

GoldFire 10-08-2008 12:15 PM

No they won't, as I said, they told me it will be roped off and for eyes-only. If they were going to let people get in it and stuff then hell no. They said it won't be touched by anyone but the person who drives it in and then me when I pick it up.