Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Not impressed with the Boston Acoustics Sound (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243777)

Mil 08-13-2012 05:47 PM

Not impressed with the Boston Acoustics Sound

hey ZL1 folks,

I'm disappointed with the sound quality of the stereo .. although I did purchase this car because of its performance attributes; but i would have expected the stereo to have sounded better for a car in the 60k's . Just wondering what you guys think of the boston acoustic sound system?

jimmy5 08-13-2012 05:51 PM

I like the package, I didn't opt to get the system because it is WAY over priced and you could build a much better system for the same money.
The system definately lacks bass, but I think a couple of 10" subs in the back will fix that and not rattle it so much it sounds like a tin can.

Nailn it 08-13-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mil (Post 5436388)
hey ZL1 folks,

I'm disappointed with the sound quality of the stereo .. although I did purchase this car because of its performance attributes; but i would have expected the stereo to have sounded better for a car in the 60k's . Just wondering what you guys think of the boston acoustic sound system?

Yeah, system stinks. Put a new pioneer touch screen with navigation system, all new speakers, couple amps and a JL 12 subwoofer in a box that bolts in the trunk in the rear fender. No rattles, sounds sweet! The mounting plate looks better than stock and the controls are easier to work than those dials.

snapp32e 08-13-2012 06:07 PM

I agree. I installed a JL Audio 12" HO ported sub enclosure with their XD 700/5 amp. Made a huge difference in sound quality, everything still functions from the factory head unit and now it sounds amazing.

The IOM Ninja 08-13-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy5 (Post 5436410)
I like the package, I didn't opt to get the system because it is WAY over priced and you could build a much better system for the same money.
The system definately lacks bass, but I think a couple of 10" subs in the back will fix that and not rattle it so much it sounds like a tin can.

The ZL1 comes with the Boston Acoustics Sound System :sm0:

It's the subwoofer that is extra lol, you don't get to choose any options with the ZL1 it's fully loaded + a few things minor things like a sunroof or extra plastic fibers in the interior (alcantara as it is also known….) lol

It's also well known that the Boston Acoustics sound system falls quite short quality wise, but that can be attributed to the head unit...

jimmy5 08-13-2012 06:52 PM

I think you misinterpreted my post. By system I meant the subwoofer and amp. I thought the rest of the post illustrated that. To each their own. :chevy:

SS ORANGE CRUSH SS 08-13-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

hey ZL1 folks,

Great in my 2SS/RS with performance!!!! and sound!!!!

Pappa Joe 08-13-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

hey ZL1 folks,

Compared to my Charger system its like night and day and yes, needs bass bad! :(

Zee-Ell-One 08-14-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pappa Joe (Post 5438254)
Compared to my Charger system its like night and day and yes, needs bass bad! :(

I won't be listening to the radio much. The bass I will be listening to will come from the pipes.:popcorn:

J666 08-14-2012 01:39 AM

When I got my car in 2009, the system sounded incredible. After a couple of months, GM issued a recall and changed the system. My 300c's Boston sound system blows this one away. It's quite embarrassing hearing the tin-can rattle in the rear.

DRKS1D3 08-14-2012 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zee-Ell-One (Post 5438351)
I won't be listening to the radio much. The bass I will be listening to will come from the pipes.:popcorn:

+1 If I wanted a car for its thumping stereo, I would've bought a '64 Impala and replaced the headrests, dash and rear seat with 18" subwoofers and mounted a 20,000 watt amp in the trunk "1992 Style". I'm happy with the stock Boston set-up. :thumbsup:

FINALLYSATISFIED 08-14-2012 06:47 AM

Quote:

hey ZL1 folks,

You never know, they may change sound systems similiar to what Chrysler has done. Even the new Challengers come equip with 2 10's(SRT8 model).

PNYSLAR 08-14-2012 06:53 AM

I'm sooo happy to hear others have the same opinon about the stereo in the Z's. I have a 2010 SS/RS and the "Same" system has much better sound quality and Bass boost than the Z. I too will begin looking for a after market system to replace the existing stock version:thumbdown:

Z4me 08-14-2012 07:22 AM

Yeah the stereo system in the car needs some help esp in the bass. I'll get around to getting this fixed in the coming months. Gotta be able to listen to my tunes the way they should sound.