Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio / Visual / Electronics/ Gauges / Nav (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   WTB SS Halo Headlights that fit 2010 Camaro SS (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211782)

Turbo_J89 03-24-2012 10:43 PM

WTB SS Halo Headlights that fit 2010 Camaro SS

Hey guys, I recently bought a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS with 22k miles. I saw that it had been in a small accident but repaired when i was negotiating with the seller. Agreed to a very fair price but did not notice i have a 2SS/RS that does not have the Halo headlights. I don't know if that is even possible given the package options from the factory for the 2010 year. From my understanding, the RS package should have added those. The lights were either replaced with non-halo headlights during repair or was not equipped with them from the factory. Long story short, I'm looking to buy the Stock Halo Headlight assembly for my SS. I'm military located in Gulfport, MS. If you happen to have what i'm looking for sent me a private message or post up on this thread. Thanks

HIOFECR 03-24-2012 10:48 PM

What color are your SS badges? The SS/RS should be red, if yours are white then you didn't get a RS. The wiring harness is different forSS vs RS too do your DRLs work and are they your headlights or fog lights ?

Turbo_J89 03-25-2012 09:58 AM

My SS badges are white actually. I've noticed some having white SS badges and others having red SS badges. What are features came standard in 2010 with the RS package? I have DRL's exactly as what you have shown in your pictures. The headlight is on and the dim yellowish bulb just inside of it. Fogs are off.

2SSRS@Gen5diy 03-25-2012 10:21 AM

Then you have a 2ss, not an RS.

The Stig 03-25-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo_J89 (Post 4701401)
My SS badges are white actually. I've noticed some having white SS badges and others having red SS badges. What are features came standard in 2010 with the RS package? I have DRL's exactly as what you have shown in your pictures. The headlight is on and the dim yellowish bulb just inside of it. Fogs are off.

If you have the RS package then the would-be fog lights are your DRLs.

If you do NOT have the RS package then your turn signals are your DRLs.

Turbo_J89 03-25-2012 02:48 PM

A user messaged me saying he has a set of RS Headlights up for sale. He says the car was in an accident 20th of Feb this year and one of the headlights glass is cracked, the other has small rock chips. The insurance company replaced his headlights with a brand new assembly and he has these as extra. Are these even repairable? I don't have access to an RS Headlight to compare it to my non-RS headlight but is the glass on the face of the headlight assembly flat or curved? I'm thinking i MAY be able to get a new piece of glass or cut a sheet of lexan to fit the shape of the headlight and use RTV silicone sealant to waterproof it. Whats your input guys? Sounds possible or would you say the headlight is a total loss?

The Stig 03-25-2012 03:03 PM

The headlight lens is curved. If it's cracked the light is useless. You can't really repair it. Headlight is a total loss

Turbo_J89 03-25-2012 05:28 PM

I figured. Thanks for checking that for me. I may end up retrofitting my headlights but we'll see. One way or another i'm gonna do what i can to get RS style headlights on my car.

The Stig 03-25-2012 05:36 PM

just check the market place for a set of used headlights. That's what most people do.

Turbo_J89 03-27-2012 05:10 PM

Alright so i got more details on those headlights i posted about previously. I misunderstood, the headlight lenses are not cracked. They are just fine. The seller of these was in a fender bender that did not touch the headlights but broke one mount off of the bottom of both headlights. My concern is, where do these headlights mount into the car? are those the only mounts holding the headlights on the car? also, what other parts will i need to install the headlights. I haven't had luck locating the harness/harnesses i need or finding a price for them. Will i need anything besides the harnesses?

Kevinshawnm 03-27-2012 06:06 PM

Check with 2SSRS.

2SSRS@Gen5diy 03-27-2012 07:46 PM

Hi, there is a arm on top that 2 screws mount to the top and on the bottom there are 2 tabs too, if you have the parts you can fix it with some work, sounds like a good set to fix.