Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2011 Camaro5 Fest (II) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Mindz' CF52 pics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142277)

Mr. Wyndham 04-23-2011 08:11 PM

Mindz, I siphoned 99% of your pictures!

Thank you!!

Mindz 04-23-2011 11:01 PM

No problem. If you want the hi-res, let me know!

GetInTheCar 04-24-2011 12:34 AM

Fabulous pics -- it's like being there all over again. I'll have to visit this thread frequently over the next year!

Number 3 04-24-2011 08:08 AM

Thanks for the pics with my jersey. Closest I could do was let folks know I was thinking of the Fest and was there in spirit.

What camera were you using? Your pics just came out really well.

CW4Rickbo 04-24-2011 06:23 PM

Great photos, thanks for sharing them.

cyberLS 04-24-2011 06:53 PM

Your car looked great like usual

USW 04-28-2011 05:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 3116581)
This next set of pictures I had mixed feelings on. On one hand I was happy that I have the only surviving set of wheels in the world like mine, but on the other hand someone destroyed a set of wheels.

Gary, the owner of a white SS had a rep from Air Lift taking his car out on the track for him. I'm guessing the 295 tires were WAAAAY too narrow for the 11" wheel and during a turn the bead broke and the wheel popped out of the tire and ground on the ground. This wheel is all but destroyed. Bismarck from USW is going to have a hell of a time fixing it and even fixed, I don't know if this will ever be 100% like new again.

It is a testament, however, of the strength and quality of the monoblocks USW puts out. They may be expensive, but imagine what a cast wheel might have turned out like after this.

Warning, this isn't for the faint of heart...

The gooood times lol Gary...Gary...Gary....:paddle:

Wow! what a show...truly had a blast. Congrats to the entire C5 Staff for putting together a great show :bow: lots going on, great weather, great rides, great location and great people :w00t:

Btw Mr. Mindz I'm sorry pal, I was going to talk Gary into giving up his wheels so that you would have the only set of Monoblocks done by USW but instead we fixed it :D Got the wheel on Monday and stripped it, fixed it and re-powder coated all in only 3days didn't want you to feel all alone is this wheel world ;) Wheel on the way back to get the tire mounted.

Again, thanks to the entire C5 staff for allowing us to be part of your show :clap: you guys rock!!!

ElManny 04-28-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USW (Post 3156121)
The gooood times lol Gary...Gary...Gary....:paddle:

Wow! what a show...truly had a blast. Congrats to the entire C5 Staff for putting together a great show :bow: lots going on, great weather, great rides, great location and great people :w00t:

Btw Mr. Mindz I'm sorry pal, I was going to talk Gary into giving up his wheels so that you would have the only set of Monoblocks done by USW but instead we fixed it :D Got the wheel on Monday and stripped it, fixed it and re-powder coated all in only 3days didn't want you to feel all alone is this wheel world ;) Wheel on the way back to get the tire mounted.

Again, thanks to the entire C5 staff for allowing us to be part of your show :clap: you guys rock!!!

now he just needs the right sized tire on them

Mindz 04-28-2011 05:44 PM

Looks like you did a tremendous job fixing that. Good thing for Gary you guys do awesome work.

USW 04-28-2011 05:44 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Almost Forgot...Congrats to all the winners for a job well done, we salute you :headbang:

USW 04-28-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElManny (Post 3156138)
now he just needs the right sized tire on them

Yes sir...you are correct

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 3156154)
Looks like you did a tremendous job fixing that. Good thing for Gary you guys do awesome work.

Thx buddy....no USW Forged ride left behind :chevy:

SA CHEVY 04-28-2011 07:54 PM

I'll have to let Ben know that you got a great shot of him out there!!

The pics of mine and Ryan's rides together look awesome too!!

Awesome pics J and I'll be seeing you in June down here in Bakersfield...no exceptions to that rule...and feel free to bring Manny along too if you must but he has to bring the two models with him to be allowed to hang out with us :D

Phillyboy 05-09-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 3116629)
Around 3:45 I had been looking around for a car to give my award to. GM had printed some VERY nice plaque type awards for each moderator to give out to their favorite car of the show. I was drawn to a very special white one. My award went to Phillyboy of California. The raised white lettering caught my interest as it was very unique and then with the amount of bling under the hood and attention to detail for all the mods he did, he deserved the award. He even painted the middle of his brake rotor so that the wheels would stand out more. That and all his chrome/stainless parts were white glove spotless!

Well done Phillyboy!

:clap: Mindz Thank you. I try my best to keep it that clean all the time. Thank you again.

geminidreams 05-11-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 3116569)
The next morning, I headed off to the PFADT Track Assault event going on which would take up my whole day almost. I met a few people at the driver's meeting and was able to set up my camera and snap a few shots of the two groups before me, and had a couple people take shots of my car going around the road course. Most didn't turn out well so I only kept a few shots.

Revo's Red Monster, Pumpkin driven by Mercury Man, and an unknown ABM beauty made the shots that I took as I spent most of my time getting ready for my group and lining up after the first group went. I did get a few of Jeff Bucknum taking Revo's Fiancee for a spin, but those are posted in his build thread (REVO1).

Cool my ABM is in your shots awesome :)