Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Where are the times? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292515)

SamHouseIII 04-30-2013 10:25 AM

Where are the times?

We all know that the Z/28 has been spotted testing, so where are the times?

2 weeks now :iono:

Bomino 04-30-2013 11:29 AM

They aren't doing this for fun where they're gonna be tweeting times on twitter as they run laps.

It will probably be released with other info like weight, power, and price. Gonna have to wait a while.

sho928 04-30-2013 11:51 AM

Maybe in June/July it will warm up enough for the tires to work at their design temperature range.
It has been unseasonably cold, my Relatives in the area are still seeing freezing temps.

In the previous video's when you head tire squeal from R-compound rubber, it is certain it is way to cold to get a representative lap

SamHouseIII 04-30-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho928 (Post 6487591)
Maybe in June/July it will warm up enough for the tires to work at their design temperature range.
It has been unseasonably cold, my Relatives in the area are still seeing freezing temps.

In the previous video's when you head tire squeal from R-compound rubber, it is certain it is way to cold to get a representative lap

I thought the tire squeal was from the SUV as posted by other members here?

Doc 04-30-2013 12:53 PM

Mark Stielow is a perfectionist so they're probably still tweaking things. Since they have a ZL1 and C6 vette going around with the Z/28 my guess is they're studying what the computer is doing with the shocks on the ZL1 and C6 and developing "ideal" settings for the custom shocks the Z/28 has.

They're going to have to have a final "this is ready for production" setting for everything including engine power before they can give an official lap time. The fact they've been working on this car for 2 years and still haven't given "official" numbers is a good thing; that means Stielow and team are still making improvements. :)

sho928 04-30-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamHouseIII (Post 6487749)
I thought the tire squeal was from the SUV as posted by other members here?

Not that video!

This one:

http://a.yfrog.com/img29/7935/xxmavv...whdbqrdaii.mp4

sho928 04-30-2013 03:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Doc, I agree with your assessment.

However based on how rough the N Ring is compared to the typical tracks here in the US, I strongly believe it is not the venue to showcase the Z28's true talent.

Attached illustrates the kind of balls it takes to fly around the N Ring in a car with a stiff suspension of limited travel.

Doc 04-30-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho928 (Post 6488457)

However based on how rough the N Ring is compared to the typical tracks here in the US, I strongly believe it is not the venue to showcase the Z28's true talent.

Attached illustrates the kind of balls it takes to fly around the N Ring in a car with a stiff suspension of limited travel.

Geez...well if nothing else testing like that tells the team to make sure and waterproof the driver's seat. ;)

But consider if they ARE in fact able to tame the Ring with the Z/28 that will be absolutely killer on pretty much any other track anywhere else. Stielow is quite experienced; he knows about suspensions so I'm sure he's aware of Colin Chapman's old winning-Formula-One-championships philosophy of "soft springing and good damping". With today's computer-controlled cars the Z/28 might just come with more than one "track" setting; one for rough tracks and one for smoother tracks. I can only imagine what someone like Colin Chapman could have done with today's technology.

Can't wait to see what they finally come up with. :)

2cnd chance 04-30-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho928 (Post 6488457)

That is CRAZY! :yikes: