Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Installed New Amp-Sub-Enclosure ! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302910)

bee sting 06-19-2013 08:19 PM

Installed New Amp-Sub-Enclosure !

5 Attachment(s)
Just wanted to share a few pics of my New setup . Everything fit just like it was advertised and did it Ever wake up the BA system !:biggrin: Didn't lose that much trunk space either .

MackMan 06-19-2013 08:35 PM

Looks great! Hoping to get a stealth enclosure soon as well.

Glen e 06-19-2013 08:50 PM

wow very nice - is there a link for this whole setup on the ******** site?

Jayrcr3 06-19-2013 09:02 PM

I just did the exact same mod with an Alpine sub. Definitely a good improvement. Next I'm gonna replace the factory speakers with JL's and it will really sound good.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bee sting 06-20-2013 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 6691490)
wow very nice - is there a link for this whole setup on the ******** site?

I'm sure there is but I bought all of this at different places . The Box and Fark harness is from ******** ( both bought from members on here ) and the Sub and Amp came from Ebay .

Yendor 06-20-2013 10:44 AM

How did you mount the amp? Did it fit in the stock BA amp location?

terry_b 06-20-2013 11:28 AM

I'm wondering about the sub channel... Do you feel like the sub hits hard enough? My current 5 channel amp could probably stand to give the sub a bit more power. I'm wondering if twice the cost is worth it for the JL?

Jason RS 06-20-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yendor (Post 6693457)
How did you mount the amp? Did it fit in the stock BA amp location?

I was wondering the same thing. Where did he hide it.

bee sting 06-20-2013 08:33 PM

The Amp went right back where the Factory one was . I just used the stock mount to makea Template and made a new one pc mount out of sheet metal - sprayed it with a rubber coating just for good measure. . Real easy to make . ******** also sells a kit but this is much cheaper and easy to do .

As for the amp powering the sub . This amp is plenty to run the factory speakers and the sub . I'm only using a 10" and a friend of mine has a 12" both of us using the ******** box . Mine I feel hits just fine.. really feel the bass now and watching the rear view mirror dance , and with his 12" it moves the car when it hits !

Glen e 06-20-2013 09:59 PM

after seeing your set up I moved my infinity basslink from behind the seat to the side like yours and was impressed with the increase in response. I also got back my "seat down" pass thru.

bee sting 06-21-2013 04:08 AM

Yea I had a Box right behind the back seat as well and when I installed this set up I saw a Big difference in the bass response . I still keep the rear seat up .

silverz28 06-21-2013 09:44 PM

I really like this. Nice clean look. I just wonder if adding a sub will lead to adding new tweeters.

Jayrcr3 06-22-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverz28 (Post 6699904)
I really like this. Nice clean look. I just wonder if adding a sub will lead to adding new tweeters.

It will for me. It's a huge improvement from stock, and I'm quite impressed with how well the factory speakers sound with some power pushed to them. But, I think it's killed the upper range a little bit. I will be getting some new speakers to replace the factory ones as my wallet permits.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yendor 06-24-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bee sting (Post 6695667)
The Amp went right back where the Factory one was . I just used the stock mount to makea Template and made a new one pc mount out of sheet metal - sprayed it with a rubber coating just for good measure. . Real easy to make . ******** also sells a kit but this is much cheaper and easy to do .

As for the amp powering the sub . This amp is plenty to run the factory speakers and the sub . I'm only using a 10" and a friend of mine has a 12" both of us using the ******** box . Mine I feel hits just fine.. really feel the bass now and watching the rear view mirror dance , and with his 12" it moves the car when it hits !

Thanks for the info, I didn't have any sheet metal hanging around, but I had some old license plates, Cut to fit and mounted my amp. I knew I saved those things for a reason.