Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Patience is wearing thin... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33859)

Nashional 07-23-2009 01:25 PM

Patience is wearing thin...

Today is 10 days that my Camaro has been in the shop with a list of issues.

Most weren't too serious and many here have posted about some of the same problems. Like paint chipping from the bumper on the rear quarter panel. And the trunk not opening all the time. Plus the noise at 2K+ RPM that comes from behind the glove box.

Mine also has an engine whine that seemed to be an air leak in the exhaust system under the hood area. And the XM radio is cutting out when driving North and the sunroof is open.

Then the major issue which was the reason it visited the service center was a vibration in the rear that started at 3,200 miles. Any time there is any stress put on the transmission/gears such as accelerating normally or ascending a hill while driving down the highway, the rear end vibrates. If you try to give it any power at all, the rear feels like it's going to come apart.

It took the dealer/GM 7 days to finally decide to put a new rear-end on it. Didn't fix the problem. Three days later, I still can't get any new information from the service department about the issue other than "we've been talking to GM about it."

Plus, they can't tell me if they've resolved any of the other issues either...

Sorry for the rant. I've held it in as long as I could. But, 25% of the time I've owned this car, it's been in the shop.

This is my first Chevy (always been a Ford guy), and this isn't looking good right now. :upset:

I hope this gets fixed soon and I forget this ever happened.

mlee 07-23-2009 01:28 PM

Sounds like your car knows you're not a true blue Chevy guy....:iono:

Nashional 07-23-2009 01:29 PM

I would hope it would want to win me over. :)

mlee 07-23-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nashional (Post 714595)
I would hope it would want to win me over. :)

It will... keep the faith and good luck with the repairs....:D

Moose 07-23-2009 01:33 PM

:( It sounds like your car is an exception. :(

I'm sorry to hear about the issue's you're having. But "keep the faith". ;)

Stay in contact with your service dept., get names, including service mgr., and if necessary, contact a GM factory rep. ;) I'm sure GM will "do right" by you and your Camaro. ;)

AS I said, it seems your Camaro is a unique case. I hopeful you'll be able to work with your dealer and GM to get everything resolved. ;)

WayneE 07-23-2009 01:48 PM

Check your state's lemon laws and be sure you're following them to the letter of the law. Some cars are lemons, doesn't matter the manufacturer. Some cars have teething problems and are then trouble free the rest of their lives.

Good luck.

camaro5 07-23-2009 02:29 PM

I'd be pissed off too.

Get to know the service manager - request a meeting - be nice, and ask him for help.

If that doesn't work escalate through the dealer management, then to the owner.

Hang in there.

Jozef 07-23-2009 03:03 PM

Hope it keeps happening, and get a new car... lemon laws are awesome like that.

Nashional 07-23-2009 04:57 PM

Dealer never called me back so I just called them. They said that GM said to "try" replacing the CV Axle. But, they don't have any to ship.

:mad0233:

nasty2ss 07-23-2009 05:02 PM

I hope they gave you a loner Camaro,thats along time not to have your car you paid almost $40,000 for.I'd be more than mad. Good luck I hope they get fixed right.

Nashional 07-23-2009 05:05 PM

Well, I'm car-less at the moment. I didn't but from this dealer because they wanted a 3,500 markup. So I bought from one further away to get a better deal. They'd probably laugh if I asked for a car.

GaryTucker 07-23-2009 05:06 PM

Oh yeah, just like I've had a "loaner corvette" the last week and a half! The Equinox goes back tomorrow thank goodness!!! Gotta love it when parts don't show up and people goof off about finding them!

camaro5 07-23-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nashional (Post 715386)
Well, I'm car-less at the moment. I didn't but from this dealer because they wanted a 3,500 markup. So I bought from one further away to get a better deal. They'd probably laugh if I asked for a car.

It does not matter at all where you bought the car.

Loaner or rental car is provided by warranty.

Go get a loaner or rental, and that will help light a fire under them.

Nashional 07-23-2009 05:14 PM

So, the dealership is required to give me something to drive? (They didn't tell me that).