Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   CD07's DTH+KN Typhoon+MBRP (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105339)

CamaroDreams07 09-11-2010 12:19 PM

**Video Added** CD07's DTH+KN Typhoon+MBRP

Yesterday I got my Doug Thorley shorties installed by the guys at Lonestar Performance. I'm so far really impressed with the tone and extra oomph I feel with them.

My system now includes the DTs, a K&N Typhoon short ram, and the MBRP cat-back system. I think it sounds really good. The only improvement I could see would be is that it sometimes gets a little raspy at WOT. I'm debating putting in the resonated X-Pipe to cure that, but I'm concerned that it might muffle it too much. I don't want to lose the sound and volume I have while normal driving just to have WOT sound a little better.

I need to throw the car on the dyno now that my performance mods are pretty much done, but haven't had the chance yet.

Videos will be coming ASAP- my camera just needs to recharge after the concert I went to last night :D

****VIDEO ADDED******
Just took some quick clips on the way to and from work today.
Watch in HD!

Side note: the guys at Lonestar Performance were telling me they just finished up putting the STS Turbo on a V6 recently. Said it was putting down 389 rwhp but he couldn't remember the torque numbers. He said it looked like a great system. Told me he could do mine for about $8000 out the door, wish I had that kinda money!

Ivan @ Southwest Speed 09-11-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 (Post 2319773)
Yesterday I got my Doug Thorley shorties installed by the guys at Lonestar Performance. I'm so far really impressed with the tone and extra oomph I feel with them.

My system now includes the DTs, a K&N Typhoon short ram, and the MBRP cat-back system. I think it sounds really good. The only improvement I could see would be is that it sometimes gets a little raspy at WOT. I'm debating putting in the resonated X-Pipe to cure that, but I'm concerned that it might muffle it too much. I don't want to lose the sound and volume I have while normal driving just to have WOT sound a little better.

I need to throw the car on the dyno now that my performance mods are pretty much done, but haven't had the chance yet.

Videos will be coming ASAP- my camera just needs to recharge after the concert I went to last night :D

Side note: the guys at Lonestar Performance were telling me they just finished up putting the STS Turbo on a V6 recently. Said it was putting down 389 rwhp but he couldn't remember the torque numbers. He said it looked like a great system. Told me he could do mine for about $8000 out the door, wish I had that kinda money!

Glad to hear the intial report. :thumbup:

Who did we see in concert last night??!!!! (We're concert junkies ourselves...lol)

And standby for some V6 Turbo news. We're (with Motiva/Hellion) getting it together on a Twin Turbo setup that should be closer to 475 and be under $7000. That's the goal.

Ivan @ Southwest Speed

CamaroDreams07 09-12-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed (Post 2320320)
Glad to hear the intial report. :thumbup:

Who did we see in concert last night??!!!! (We're concert junkies ourselves...lol)

And standby for some V6 Turbo news. We're (with Motiva/Hellion) getting it together on a Twin Turbo setup that should be closer to 475 and be under $7000. That's the goal.

Ivan @ Southwest Speed

475? Ok I don't need to eat, I'll start saving now :drool: And I went to the Rockstar Uproar Metal Festival- headlined by Avenged Sevenfold and Disturbed. Was craaaazy.

Ivan @ Southwest Speed 09-12-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 (Post 2322837)
475? Ok I don't need to eat, I'll start saving now :drool: And I went to the Rockstar Uproar Metal Festival- headlined by Avenged Sevenfold and Disturbed. Was craaaazy.

LMAO...Go big or Go home around here sir. If you're going to TT a car, make power right??!!

We went to the Rockstar Mayhem Fest last month. :headbang:

Got silly pics since I freelance shoot. :D

PM me your email addy and I'll send you some pics from the show.
Ivan

CamaroDreams07 09-12-2010 11:13 PM

Video added to OP. What do you think?

KMPrenger 09-13-2010 10:51 PM

Hey I like it! Sounds sweet and has some growl to it. Will be adding to the sticky.

Ivan @ Southwest Speed 09-13-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 (Post 2324329)
Video added to OP. What do you think?

I would not have added it to our Facebook page if it wasn't great! :D

Well done and hope you enjoy it for years to come.
Ivan :thumbup: