Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Heartbroken! Titan backed right into my car!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50579)

ThisChicksGotAYellow2SS 11-03-2009 10:57 PM

Heartbroken! Titan backed right into my car!!!

1 Attachment(s)
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I absolutely must vent right now!

Today as I was about to enter the Steak and Shake Drive Thru near my husband's job, a Nissan Titan Backed into the driver's side of my car!!! UGHHH!!! The damage was not extreme, but it did damage the front fender and the door so that I could not get out of the car! I totally panicked... I don't even remember climbing over to the passenger's side to get out of the car.
Anyways, I was sooooo upset, that I was shaking! Once I saw the damage, I just got into the passenger side of my car, and hit the emergency button. Onstar was fabulous, FHP -not so much! They said that because we were on private property a.k.a. Steak & Shake parking lot, that they could not dispatch any officers to file a report!!!!! AHHHH! I bet if I had robbed the stupid Steak and Shake that they would dispatch Orlando PD or Orange County Sheriff Dept. I was sorely disappointed!
So I sat there, in my car, until my husband got there (I was sooo mad I mighta cussed the guy out), and we exchanged information, and the guy had the balls to freaking try to blame me. He says that I should have been going faster in the parking lot. WTF?!?!? Then, he starts saying that he never saw me through his back window... HELLO? Earth to idiot! Have you ever seen the length of a Camaro? He would have surely seen me if he had looked in a) His side mirrors b) Out of his damned WINDOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh! I am sooooo pissed! Geez, If you can't see out of your fricking windows don't blame me, and certainly don't drive your truck so carelessly! If he knew he couldn't see behind his truck he should have been backing out slowly and trying to see what was behind him using every available resource... not so? He made me soooooo mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow, I took it to Courtesy Chevrolet's Collision Center for them to assess the damage, and they told me that they would need to wait for his insurance company (Infinity) to come out and do the estimate, but they did pry out the dents on the fender a bit so that I could open my driver's side door.

My issue besides the emotional trauma of my beloved car being damaged is this: I was once in an accident with my Toyota Corolla, and had the damage fixed by the Toyota Dealer Body Shop. However, the damage was around $3K, and when I was trading in my Corolla towards my Camaro, the accident damage, though repaired by the Toyota Body Shop, gave me a negative Carfax report which knocked $4300 off the value of my car instantly (I later negotiated on this, but that's not the point here). I DO NOT want this accident to affect the value of my car. Does anyone have any advice? When I bought the car, I jokingly told my husband that after the issue with the Corolla, I would sue anyone that hit my car to get a replacement instead of repair, but truthfully we're not that kind of people. I do know that I am going to demand brand new parts instead of them repairing the parts that got damaged, but that still doesn't fix my problem. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: :cry:

Attached is a pic of the parking lot, the red X is where the Titan was parked, and if you look at where my car is heading you can see where the drive through lane is. I will post pics of the actual damage tom.

cam2fst4u 11-03-2009 11:01 PM

oh that sucks.. sorry that happend.. not sure but i remember seeing somewhere about the insurance company having to pay to fix the car and paying the cash value that the vehicle lost by being hit :iono: dont quote me on that but im sure someone else will chime in

Partick 11-03-2009 11:03 PM

Sounds like the guy wasn't paying attention, stand your ground because the insurance co will try to spread the blame. Good luck

ThisChicksGotAYellow2SS 11-03-2009 11:05 PM

thanks

Thanks for taking the time to read my long winded and not too organized rant! I do hope that someone else knows for sure...:cry:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cam2fst4u (Post 1131212)
oh that sucks.. sorry that happend.. not sure but i remember seeing somewhere about the insurance company having to pay to fix the car and paying the cash value that the vehicle lost by being hit :iono: dont quote me on that but im sure someone else will chime in

ThisChicksGotAYellow2SS 11-03-2009 11:06 PM

Thanks for the support

Quote:

Originally Posted by Partick (Post 1131220)
Sounds like the guy wasn't paying attention, stand your ground because the insurance co will try to spread the blame. Good luck

SSOOCH 11-03-2009 11:13 PM

That blows. I would have took a dump on his upper lip!!

Xanthos 11-03-2009 11:18 PM

Wow... just, wow...

I'm sorry this happened. I also wish people paid more attention when backing out (and driving in general).
- X

BumbleBee 11-03-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

That didn't happen to me when a car hit me in a parking lot driving on the wronge side of the road they just paid for repairs. SS, make sure you send that picture into the insurance company so they can see what happened... I did the same thing and because of that they sided in my favor. Really, good luck and remember don't accept the Camaro back if it's not back to 100%.

bpoirier 11-03-2009 11:27 PM

Sorry to hear about your car. That guy is a doofus and obviously doesn't know how to use his mirrors or look over the shoulder. How can you not see a bright yellow Camaro? Duh, because you're not paying attention. Hope you get it repaired without too much trouble.

Skyblu 11-04-2009 08:11 AM

I think the titans have the back up sensors as standard equipment, I wonder if his had these and he just ignored them?

hrpiii 11-04-2009 08:26 AM

the car backing out has to yield to traffic. You had the right of way. Only if you two were backing out at the same time and backed into each other, would you both share the blame.

Mr_Draco 11-04-2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

The term you are looking for is Diminished Value Compensation.

You really have to push this and you may have to get your insurance involved. This isn't something they willingly give out.

Jim Thompson 11-04-2009 08:41 AM

nothing you can do to not diminish the value of your car at time of trade or sell...however your insurance company should be paying to make your car whole again...which includes dimished value.

01pewterz28 11-04-2009 10:11 AM

Sorry to here about the accident I swear the drivers we have here in Orlando have to be the dumbest on the planet. Keep calling the guys insurance company since it happened @ S&S at this point it's your word against his word and his insurance company may tell you to take a hike esp with no police report (even with a police report and he is found at fault in Florida it's a PITA my wife was rear ended on the FL Tpk a POS Saturn Vue rear ended her in our 1 year old Suburban, the driver had a suspended drivers license, it was not his car FHP let him go and on top of it his insurenace refused to pay no witnesses).

Your opther option is to sue the person take him to small claims court but the cost of all of this really not worth it. As others have said keep on your insurance company about the "Diminished Value Compensation".

On a positive note she will be good as new in a few weeks.

Sean