Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Absolutely.. cannot... do.. MSRP (dealer words) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27159)

Shadowmind 06-12-2009 04:45 PM

Absolutely.. cannot... do.. MSRP (dealer words)

So I call up a dealer that just recently got in an IOM 2SS, fully loaded, in my neck of the woods. Checked out the VIN, its exactly the car the I wanted. VIN says its 41k MSRP. Yup, that's what I'd pay for it.

I get the sales manager, and ask: "Hey, is there any way I can get you down from 51k to around MSRP. I have a GM employee discount, but if I can get it now, I won't bother with it. In fact, I'd be willing to pay 1-2k over MSRP if we can close the deal tonight."

Dealer: "No sir.. we absolutely cannot do MSRP for this vehicle. The very least we can let it go for would be 5k over, which is what it 'cost us' to buy it from another dealer out of state..."

Me: "So wait, you all bought that car from another dealer, out of state for 5k over 'MSRP'?"

Dealer: "Yes, were buying up all the 2SS around the tri-state area so we can increase our sales and get more build allocations."

Me: "Nice... Good luck with selling all of those over-priced Camaros. Hope your plan doesn't bite you in the ass, cause I'm fairly certain it will..."

So... hope this isn't going to be an ongoing problem over the summer time. Im more than willing to wait, and keep looking for a dealer that gets what Im after within a 1k mile radius. But damn... If customers are having to unfairly compete with price gouging dealers, just so they can increase their allotments... Imma not going to be a happy camper come October.

joelster 06-12-2009 04:48 PM

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76...basilchevy.jpg

Check the bottom.

MerlinZero 06-12-2009 04:52 PM

Shadow who were you trying to buy through?

I've been playing this game with a lot of the dealers around the South Sound.

joelster 06-12-2009 04:52 PM

Here's a cheaper IOM at West Herr near me...$39,895

http://www.westherr.com/deals_on_Use...&countrytabs=0

Shadowmind 06-12-2009 04:53 PM

Yeah, I would buy from the gentlemen in NY or TX, except that its a $2k shipping fee, or a 5 day drive with 3k in miles on the car.

Something around 1k distance is about the max I'd be willing to go pick up the vehicle. That confines me to MT, ID, CO, OR, and WA.

Hoss 06-12-2009 04:53 PM

Nuke him! He uses the taxpayers money to keep his doors open, then he wants the taxpayer to purchase his over priced cars. May GMUSA shut his doors!! Get'm Obama!!:laugh:

The_Blur 06-12-2009 04:53 PM

Tell the dealer that they won't get any Camaro5 buyers.

Shadowmind 06-12-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerlinZero (Post 579190)
Shadow who were you trying to buy through?

I've been playing this game with a lot of the dealers around the South Sound.

Blade Chevy up in Mt Vernon.

There's a number of outright scumbags in the Seattle city area as well.

Do you have a good line on a dealer already? or no?

joelster 06-12-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 579198)
Tell Joe Basil Chevy that they won't get any Camaro5 buyers.

Why do you say that? Did you contact them or something?

The_Blur 06-12-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelster (Post 579213)
Why do you say that? Did you contact them or something?

That's the name of the dealer according to one of those pictures. Price-gouging will make this dealer a big negative on this site.

I wouldn't take the fun of disrespecting this dealer away from the original poster. ;)

joelster 06-12-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 579241)
That's the name of the dealer according to one of those pictures. Price-gouging will make this dealer a big negative on this site.

I wouldn't take the fun of disrespecting this dealer away from the original poster. ;)

You need to re-read the original post.

The OP is from the state of WASHINGTON. He saw an Inferno Orange SS for sale for $51,000 at a local dealer. The MSRP was $41,000. He asked if he could get the price closer to MSRP he said he'd even go 1-2K over. They said no.

So......

I posted a link to a dealer in WESTERN NY, Basil Chevrolet, that has one selling for MSRP...$41,xxx
And another one at West Herr for $39,xxx

BTW, it doesn't cost anywhere near $2,000 to ship a car across the USA.

Vash 06-12-2009 05:12 PM

Gouger dealers should be tazed and a squirt of pepper gel with dye.

GrnMchin 06-12-2009 05:17 PM

Man and I though the dealerships in Olympia were bad.

CamaroScotty 06-12-2009 05:19 PM

Contact Camaro5 user TEAMLYNN here- - he's in WA and MSRP