Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SLP 2010 Camaro ZL575 supercharged -- unique aero parts & "SS" on grill (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30083)

nUcLeArEnVoY 06-30-2009 10:44 AM

I'm pretty pissed too. You search all around all the older threads on this forum and you'll see everyone say the same thing: they want a spoiler that is more like the first-gen cars and HERE IT IS. The stock spoiler is too subtle yet the dovetail is a little too extreme (not to mention hearkens to an entirely different generation of Camaro). This OTHER spoiler SLP is apparently working on better look something like this one. They could make a fortune if they mass produced it.

I say keep the hood, mailslot filler, and maybe the wheels unique to the package car. But sell that spoiler to the masses.

shroomjohn 06-30-2009 10:45 AM

Agreed1st gen ss looks horrible on the 5th gen but I love those wheels look like the vert concept sweet!

2010SLVRBULIT 06-30-2009 10:51 AM

rims..bleh..spoiler..yeah, baby!:thumbsup:
Order the spoiler now, but WTH is my car?:mad0260:

sooner25 06-30-2009 10:56 AM

The SS on the rear fascia is terrible imo. love the wheels though!

cAR_mARio 06-30-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley (Post 634060)
I do like the idea that they filled in the mailslot though (makes the hood look much better w/ that scoop). I would like to see what a shop could do though to fill it in and blend it a little better .

Crowley

They should have used the front fascia from the non-SS model. Would be much cleaner than trying to fill in the mail slot.

oramac0002 06-30-2009 11:08 AM

Everything that SLP did on the car looks great except the fill in of the mail slot.

khislop007 06-30-2009 11:12 AM

I love the spoiler and the hood! :w00t: They should have did a better job on filling the factory mail slot. :iono:

5GenCamaro.com 06-30-2009 11:13 AM

Great job on the car SLP.

Tactical Z 06-30-2009 11:15 AM

The rims = fail, throw some stock 20'' chromes and paint the chrome things around the tailight, maybe i'd buy it.

radz28 06-30-2009 11:45 AM

That's a nice package there! I love about everything I see.

Grr!!!

Revo1 06-30-2009 11:55 AM

I WANT!!!!!!! Looks amazing! :drool: You can keep the wheels tho :barf:

SLP Performance 06-30-2009 11:59 AM

Thanks for the input and nice words folks. The mail slot panel as shown in the photos is a prototype SLA part. The final panel will fit much better and we will make that part available to all.

As for the Hood and Spoiler, we have patents pending and as shown, they will be available on the ZL Packages only.

In a couple of weeks I will be able to show you what the aftermarket Hood and Spoiler will look and I believe you will love it.

I don't get on here much, but we will be watching and taking note of your thoughts and ideas.

Regards,

Team SLP

nUcLeArEnVoY 06-30-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLP Performance (Post 634736)
Thanks for the input and nice words folks. The mail slot panel as shown in the photos is a prototype SLA part. The final panel will fit much better and we will make that part available to all.

As for the Hood and Spoiler, we have patents pending and as shown, they will be available on the ZL Packages only.

In a couple of weeks I will be able to show you what the aftermarket Hood and Spoiler will look and and I believe you will love it.

I don't get on here much, but we will be watching and taking note of your thoughts and ideas.

Regards,

Team SLP

Hey, thanks for posting! Good to know our opinions aren't falling on deaf ears. I look forward to seeing the aftermarket parts!

JDBeck23 06-30-2009 12:24 PM

::sniffle sniffle:: But I really like the one that's pictured on your ZL575 Camaro!

I'll be waiting to see what the aftermarket hood and spoiler look like!