Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why garage a Camaro? When more expensive/rare cars are driven the heck out of. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335798)

Fast/Furious 01-05-2014 09:02 PM

Why garage a Camaro? When more expensive/rare cars are driven the heck out of.

Hey all,

So I own a 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS it is my daily driver and my ONLY car.

I do not store my car it sits outside in the rain/sleet/snow. Two days ago I even drove it through 2-4 inches of snow with P Zeros on it. (find the other thread)

I have a friend of a friend who has a slighty older Camaro 2SS I believe it is a 2010-2011 and he stores his in the garage and says it he has not even touched the windshield wipers. He not only does not drive it in any thing that is not sunny, he barely drives it period.

Why?

This is my only car that I have ever owned. I saved up the money for it and I want to drive the hell out of it.

A couple months ago I went to a Cars & Coffee near me (Katie's in DC) and there was a Red GT-R I respected so much because he had brake dust all over his wheels dirt all on the low parts of the body. You could tell he drove the heck out of his $100k car.

BUT then you have $30-40k-ish Camaro's being garage kept?

I guess I just do not see the point of a Camaro less than a ZL1 being garage kept and not driven more. (I cannot be alone right? lol)

Please do not think I think negatively of you if you garage keep your Camaro. I respect everyone's decision even if I do not agree with them.

blazzin1 01-05-2014 09:12 PM

Okay, I'll admit it, my car is a garage queen!!! Owned it since June 2009, it has about 7850 miles on it now. I do it….because I can!!! It is not my daily-driver, it's my weekend toy, and I like it that way. Plus, my winters here are horrible, I'm not about to drive it around in the winter and slide off into a ditch. I can't afford the $100k cars, so this is my pride and joy, and I like the fact that it has low mileage, and still looks like new. To each their own…..everyone can enjoy their cars in their own way…..not a problem!!!

Ryanbabz71 01-05-2014 09:13 PM

Why not? Why is it anyone's business what I do with my stuff? I am paying for it so I can do what I wish. I could go bury it if I so choose.

Ryan

the_fast_one 01-05-2014 09:13 PM

Because some of us can:thumb:

Mines been sitting for months all plugged into the battery tender.

Ryanbabz71 01-05-2014 09:15 PM

Why would I want to drive it in this weather if I don't have to? I wouldn't feel safe at all. My 4wd truck is the way to go

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/06/u4ugatyp.jpg

Ryan

black79ta 01-05-2014 09:16 PM

Mine is not a dd. So in the garage no bad
weather.

black79ta 01-05-2014 09:18 PM

12 inches of snow sucks

Josh The People 01-05-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazzin1 (Post 7312885)
Okay, I'll admit it, my car is a garage queen!!! Owned it since June 2009, it has about 7850 miles on it now. I do it….because I can!!! It is not my daily-driver, it's my weekend toy, and I like it that way. Plus, my winters here are horrible, I'm not about to drive it around in the winter and slide off into a ditch. I can't afford the $100k cars, so this is my pride and joy, and I like the fact that it has low mileage, and still looks like new. To each their own…..everyone can enjoy their cars in their own way…..not a problem!!!

I always have taken very good care of my stuff that ive owned up until my Camaro... Its just something in me.:) I like my stuff to be as mint as possible. ive worked very hard for it and want it to last me awhile. so if that means not driving it in the rain and storing it in the winter that's what im goin to do... but granted this is not my DD so I can leave to weekend fun.

I got a 2010 with 2400 KM (not miles)

OrangeVert 01-05-2014 09:19 PM

New in 2011 and want it to stay nice - worked too hard to let it get torn up by the road. On the other hand, I'll let my '93 Toyota pickup with 325k miles take all the road has to give ... four windshields and counting. :-)

batman53201 01-05-2014 09:19 PM

because i can. wisconsin winters aint pretty, and i prefer to keep the salt off my camaro, and on my truck. I will put on 10,000 miles a year on the camaro in the spring, summer and fall

Infidel67 01-05-2014 09:22 PM

I have it under the cover in the carport when its raining, but otherwise I give her hell :)

OrangeVert 01-05-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 (Post 7312900)
Why would I want to drive it in this weather if I don't have to? I wouldn't feel safe at all. My 4wd truck is the way to go

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/06/u4ugatyp.jpg

Ryan

+1 Ryan! :thumb:

SimpleGreen 01-05-2014 09:26 PM

5 days a week I have to park in a nasty gravel and pothole filled parking lot that stays wet unless the rain holds out for four days or more with 150 other careless people, then at the end of the day track my dirty steel toes and clothes back into my car...which is why I generally drive my 21 year old Chevy truck to work as opposed to my 1 year old, $37,000 sports car. I take the car to work on weekends when the office people aren't there and I can park on nice fresh concrete in front of the shop. I will eat in it, drink in it, drive it in the rain, but I'm not going to subject it to my daily work routine when I have and old beat up truck that wouldn't know the difference.

Other than that, I drive my car most everywhere else unless I'm going somewhere that I know has nasty roads. I parked the car today and it won't move until Thursday when the lows get back into the 30s. Just the same, I have still put 1,200 miles on it in about 50 days since I got it (with 1800 on the clock). It cost a lot of money and the money doesn't come easy so I take care of it, but I still get out and enjoy it, too.

Edit: My previous Camaro, a 2012 1LT, I put 18,700 miles on it in 18 months. Bought it new. I daily drove it to work most of the time because it wasn't lowered, had tires better suited to bad roads (18"), and was a far more common car that I didn't feel bad about putting a rock chip or two in. My 2013 Inferno Orange 1LE/SS is MUCH more rare however, and is treated accordingly.

Josh The People 01-05-2014 09:27 PM

also winters a great time to spend money and mod away making her even better!!