Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southcentral (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Black out lights in OK (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62437)

kcamarom 01-24-2010 08:42 PM

Black out lights in OK

I am moving to Oklahoma after graduating high-school and want to tint my tailights I live in California and it is illegal. Is it illegal to tints lights in OK. Thanks.

camaro_eddie 01-24-2010 09:53 PM

Not 100% on the law but I am tinting mine in two weeks. For the most part they leave you alone as long as the light can still shine through.

tbarber87 01-25-2010 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcamarom (Post 1413221)
I am moving to Oklahoma after graduating high-school and want to tint my tailights I live in California and it is illegal. Is it illegal to tints lights in OK. Thanks.

Just curious, what is motivating you to move to our great state? :D Let us know when you get here!! We would love you to come to our meets :w00t:

JWood 01-25-2010 08:17 AM

Just hope you don't get rear ended. "Officer I did not see his brake lights because they are tinted." Ops.

springerpete 01-25-2010 09:02 AM

I'm tinting mine dark grey and you will see that is very common here. As long as its not too dark.

cybercoaster 01-25-2010 12:45 PM

What product is everyone using to tint? As soon as it warms up, I want to continue blacking my stuff out. I just have the side light markers done for now. I want to do the tail light bezal and lens.

Angrybird 12 01-25-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbarber87 (Post 1414164)
Just curious, what is motivating you to move to our great state? :D Let us know when you get here!! We would love you to come to our meets :w00t:

I would guess just to get out of California...:sm0:

Angrybird 12 01-25-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcamarom (Post 1413221)

try this, i think chapter 12 may answer your questions.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/osc...OKST47&level=1

most states have a DMV website you can go to and get answers to vehicle equipment laws..

1969Fbody 01-25-2010 08:02 PM

Just to let you know by giving info and trying to be helpful. Tail lights by law technically have to be able to be seen at 1,000'.

Not 100% guarantee, but usually not too much to worry about with being cited (depends on officer, area, time, if tail lights are also brake lights, number of other variables) (most have better things to do), but could possibly be a major problem if it causes an accident which could cause problems with other driver's insurance covering your car damage or injuries if your car is rear ended. :thumbdown:

Title 47-12-204A Vehicle Equipment Lamps and Lighting Devices

A. Every motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer and pole trailer, and any vehicle which is being drawn at the end of a combination of vehicles, shall be equipped with at least two tail lamps mounted on the rear, on the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable which, when lighted, shall emit a red light visible from a distance of one thousand (1,000) feet to the rear; provided that, in the case of a combination of vehicles, only the tail lamp on the rearmost vehicle need actually be seen from the distance specified.

B. Every tail lamp upon every vehicle shall be located at a height of not more than seventy-two (72) inches nor less than fifteen (15) inches.

OKCwhiteKnight 01-25-2010 08:09 PM

My son's cobaltSS/Sc has tinted lens, but with bright LED's...I did my HHR
tails, side markers with VHT Nightshades to control the darkness of tint
(less coats) although it does wear off over time

kcamarom 01-25-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbarber87 (Post 1414164)

I am moving to Oklahoma to get out of California and Oklahoma is like a second home. I am a huge Sooners fan and will be going to school at OCCC, and Oklahoma is flat out just better than California, everyone in OK is nicer and the lifestyle in OK is slower pace.

bng804 01-25-2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcamarom (Post 1416543)
I am moving to Oklahoma to get out of California and Oklahoma is like a second home. I am a huge Sooners fan and will be going to school at OCCC, and Oklahoma is flat out just better than California, everyone in OK is nicer and the lifestyle in OK is slower pace.

Welcome!

http://www.oufootball.info/boomer_sooner.gif

OuSoonersGirl 01-25-2010 09:38 PM

for those who are tinting their lights, are you using the vinyl tint? i just blacked out my lights, well sort of. I bought the black outs from an awesome member here (BLACK10) and I applied most of them already. they look really good and it wasnt hard to put on. however i want my lights BLACKED out so they werent dark enough for me. BLACK10 is sending me some darker ones. ;)

what is everyone else using?

tbarber87 01-25-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcamarom (Post 1416543)

Awesome!! I received my Associates Degree from good ole O-trip and about to get my Bachelors from OU. We will keep an eye out for ya but definately let us know when you get here!!

Sorry I'm useless when it comes to your tail lights. . .laws arent my specialty :iono: