Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Biggest Regret of my life!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353099)

Invent1 04-15-2014 01:19 PM

Biggest Regret of my life!!

Well about 2 months ago I decided that I felt like getting something knew and started looking for cars. I had already owned my camaro and I was getting tired of being profiled and pulled over for my loud car lol. So anyways I went looking for cars and I went to a jeep dealership and traded my camaro in for a 2011 jeep grand Cherokee. The guy gave me a great price for the camaro and a good price for the jeep. So I made the deal.. Now 2 months later after spending an estimated 425$ for gas I've been craving my camaro back. It's been making me sick that I traded it in. Don't think I've regretted anything as much as this in my life. I then went to the dealership to attempt to buy my car back and they had just sold it 3 days before I went.

So word of advice for you all. Really think it through before you get rid of your. Because in the end it's not just a car it's a piece of you.

SimpleGreen 04-15-2014 01:22 PM

The only thing that I gathered from that whole post is that you were being 'profiled' and pulled over for your loud car.

I have an SS/1LE and it garners no more police attention than my V6 car did.

I don't believe the car was the problem.

Invent1 04-15-2014 01:26 PM

Well where I'm from if you're driving a nice car you're either a drug dealer or a racer. I wasn't given any tickets just was asked where I was going.

Green Machine 04-15-2014 01:27 PM

Different states/cities different types of cops.

Either way... only way I'm trading in my car is for another Camaro lol. Which probably won't happen.

Sent from somewhere on the road.

Invent1 04-15-2014 01:28 PM

Yeah since I took out a loan on this car I'm going to try and make a swap for an ss. So that would be a big upgrade for me lol

trashmanssd 04-15-2014 01:28 PM

Yeah I had a cop rubbernecking me as I went bye him the other night. He was doing a speed trap I was doing 41 in a 40 so it wasn't for the speed I guess he just liked the car.

Invent1 04-15-2014 01:30 PM

That happened to me once. Some cops appreciate the cars which is pretty cool.

TxBandit911 04-15-2014 01:31 PM

I've had a few officers pull me over in the past and do nothing but ask where I was going. I always would just point ahead and say "that way" and leave it at that. I wasn't doing anything illegal, not even speeding. So its none of his business where I am going....

SimpleGreen 04-15-2014 01:37 PM

Crazy cops where you folks live, though New York doesn't surprise me. Only been stopped once in the SS. Local cop in my town said he couldn't see my temp tag (was in the back window). He suggested I put it where the real plate goes. I just went about my business. Never moved the temp tag, either.

monstertodd 04-15-2014 01:41 PM

Dude I can't even remember the last time I received negative attention from a police officer. And I don't think I've ever gotten any negative attention in the Camaro. Not even when I lived in San Diego.

But as far as trading in.....dude, you shouldn't have done it. ;) Take your time, save up some money, refinance your existing loan if you have to. Suck it up for a while, and then get yourself into the camaro you want. Don't be impulsive.....again. ;)

PalmerGA 04-15-2014 01:48 PM

Live and learn, OP. One thing's for sure - if I ever do trade my Camaro for something else, it sure as hell won't be for a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Also, if making that trade is the biggest regret you have in your life, you're either very young or very fortunate.

rebelyell22 04-15-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Invent1 (Post 7583000)
Well where I'm from if you're driving a nice car you're either a drug dealer or a racer. I wasn't given any tickets just was asked where I was going.

Well which one are you? :pound:

87GNX 04-15-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerGA (Post 7583062)
Live and learn, OP. One thing's for sure - if I ever do trade my Camaro for something else, it sure as hell won't be for a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Also, if making that trade is the biggest regret you have in your life, you're either very young or very fortunate.

:word:

ELIC1 04-15-2014 02:22 PM

i am from ny as well never ever did i get pulled over for no resaon i also have no front plate and dark window tint and my car is also loud. please tell me what town you are from