Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Help removing taillight bezels please. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126352)

Kwik 01-27-2011 08:21 PM

Help removing taillight bezels please.

Can somebody please walk me through removing the taillight bezels? Is it a difficult job? Thanks for any help.

JAB 01-27-2011 08:27 PM

Really Quite Simple... Pop the 3 Retainers off each of the two plastic guard above the tail lights, Then there are two clips on the Top i believe one on the bottom and one on each side,( Of Each Chrome Bezel ) You haft to kind wedge your hand in there to get to the bottom one, Basically you just pop them inward so they can slide out ( look at the top ones and play around with that one first so you know how they need to be pressed in ) then just kinda wiggle em and adjust the clips till they come free.
When i did it the first time, The first one took me about 15 mins to get out then the rest took a minute a piece once i knew what to do.

midnighter 01-27-2011 08:30 PM

Needle nose pliers.

wrbear 01-27-2011 08:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Very easy. Remove the two black covers (above the lights) under the trunk lid. The 3 push retainers:

Attachment 201806

can be removed easily by prying up on the center piece. Run something under the center piece and pull it up. The top the cover can be removed once you pull the 3 retainers off. Push out on the upper chrome tabs that you can see. A gap will form on the top of the rings. Wedge the plastic tool or something similar (plastic won't scratch easily) into gap that forms between the lenses and chrome ring. Work it out little by little at the outer bottom corners. You can place blue painters tape on the painted bumper so that you don't scratch it.

wrbear 01-27-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAB (Post 2776073)
Really Quite Simple... Pop the 3 Retainers off each of the two plastic guard above the tail lights, Then there are two clips on the Top i believe one on the bottom and one on each side,( Of Each Chrome Bezel ) You haft to kind wedge your hand in there to get to the bottom one, Basically you just pop them inward so they can slide out ( look at the top ones and play around with that one first so you know how they need to be pressed in ) then just kinda wiggle em and adjust the clips till they come free.
When i did it the first time, The first one took me about 15 mins to get out then the rest took a minute a piece once i knew what to do.

Dough.....:facepalm:

LoneStar 01-27-2011 09:08 PM

Here's a video that I looked at before I took mine off: :popcorn:

Kwik 01-28-2011 08:00 AM

Hey Guys: Thanks for all of the help. I got them out. Video was great.