Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why Do you Mod? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152730)

HookemHorns 06-14-2011 08:26 AM

Why Do you Mod?

It seems to be that I would MOD my car to make it stand out from the crowd or to be different than the next car. However, it seems that there is a commonality among the MODS such as tint, blacked out lights, bow ties, etc...
:yikes:

Texas2SS 06-14-2011 08:29 AM

So far I have done just small subtle mods to make mine stand out from the ones I see every day. Blue bowties are the big things that catch peoples attention (i hated the stock gold color). Then I blacked out all the lights and windows so the black flowed together. Then muffler delete was a must because the stock exhaust was way to quiet and I wanted bigger tips. Unless I find wheels I like, appearance mods are done for a while while performace gets my attention.

ga0358 06-14-2011 08:30 AM

I bought the LS for that very reason, to mod as I could afford, and add what I wanted, to make her unique, and mine!!!!

sliverice 06-14-2011 08:55 AM

Sick and tired of seeing the same old crap like the rally stripes. I made my car the way I like it.

The Stig 06-14-2011 08:55 AM

I would say I mod because I love making my car mine. (if that makes sense). That and I love working on my car, so that leads to more mods and such. I'm also single and finishing up school, so after buying food and books I usually put half of what's left in savings and the rest goes to mods.

E.T. 06-14-2011 09:05 AM

My main purpose in modding is performance, however I did a few cosmetic mods. I really like my blacked out bow ties, and the 4-gauge cluster adds a nice touch to the interior. Half the fun is installing them myself:D Although I had a shop do the headers and exhaust.

Scott@Bjorn3D 06-14-2011 09:15 AM

Just to make her mine. The side fade gills, I was the first Camaro in the area to have. I am the only one in the area with a Heritage Grill. And I did not put a bow tie or SS on it. Looks meaner plain and non painted. GMPP mufflers have nice huge 4" rolled tips so it looks mean and sounds better. Also no muffers seen from the rear of the car.

Thinking about getting a maroon or wine red hood spears to put on Rally Yellow and make her more different yet. Have not decided on that yet.

tjbusa 06-14-2011 09:20 AM

Just add a personal touch that makes you happy, maybe its none at all. Enjoy the car.... That's all there is to it.

blazzin1 06-14-2011 09:24 AM

I am really more concerned with performance mods rather than just the looks. I mod in hopes of creating a "beast" someday. As my wife says.....I'm never satisfied!!!

HumanWiki 06-14-2011 09:24 AM

The commonality just shows its a popular mod, a cheap mod and easily affordable by all, an easy to install mod, etc. I wouldn't worry about those.. How many people do you see walking around in Nike, Addidas, Kenneth Cole, etc. shoes of very similar make and color?

I personally don't like my car to look like every other Camaro out there -- but, I started with performance mods first -- so the only exterior mods that can be seen are my Supercharged badges and my C5G badge.

SC2150 06-14-2011 09:28 AM

I mod for performance....it's an addiction.

JETG 06-14-2011 09:29 AM

I mod both for appearance and also performance. I have been through this moding of cars on different cars. One thing I have learned is always plan things out, make sure what your end goal is and dont do anything twice, as it is already expensive enough to Mod a car, so why do it twice. I have had my car since Dec, and have a pretty good start, will be a full bolt on car by July. My ultimate goal is full 9" rear end, clutch, stroker, direct port, procharger, more suspension parts. The full build will be over the next year and max of 2. I will probably be keeping this car for years and years to come and dont drive it all that much, so it will be paid off in the next year also. I would suspect that my total of cost for my upgrades will be in the neighborhood of 35-40K in addition to price of the car. But this is my toy and my fun, and in the end I know it isnt a investment but the smile and joy it brings when I do drive it is PRICELESS....

J

Smart Line 06-14-2011 09:36 AM

my mods....
Vortec v3 si,Hurst shifter heritage grill,Md1 spoiler,stainless exhaust header to tail pipe.tint on the windows steering wheel control,12" thump box...++

Next mod : the entire stereo....speaker system.

all in all i wanted to look sound and drive like no other.
their is always going to be a faster car out there ....I'm just happy with what i have!

toilets 06-14-2011 10:03 AM

Cause you have to in order to keep up with the competition...