Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Exterior Parts & Accessories (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   ACS Rear Quarter Pre-Order List (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242523)

GB EB 03-06-2013 01:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro66 (Post 6248590)
I can't BELIVE all the stuff that is sold for the Camaro only 1 vendor has come up with this idea for rear scoops. I know that they make the stick on ones but I am taking about ones you cut in. I BELIVE that there is a someone on Camaro 5 that does the vents but wants 5000 dollars for it. I think his name is Gary. I think Gary is nuts to charge that much.

1- Gary does NOT charge that much. I didn't have mine done by him since I was living in Southern California at the time but I have discussed with him the work he does so I know.
2- I DID spend almost that much- southern California... enough said.

I love my vents and certainly do not regret spending the money because I'm happy with the outcome and take every chance I can to show them off.... (so I have included some gratuitous pics below)

now.... back to the actual thread topic...

ACS Composite is a class A quality manufacturer and vendor. I've got their T3 ports and trunk deck lid cover.
IF the ACS vents had been available when I had my work done I may have gone with ACS rather than the expense and risk of what I did do. Mine turned out great but what if they didn't.... pretty risky....

Virtually no risk, very low cost, and with great reward is the ACS product.

Here are my "$5,000 vents" :

tmac1granger33 03-06-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro66 (Post 6252679)
Same here I hope all goes well with these. I want to team this up with the 3d carbon vents. I love that these get cut in and are not big and all Attachment 482253

if your cars black like im thinking i doubt anyone will even notice them... I think they need to look "deeper" but thats just my opinion:chevy: i mean if your gonna cut a hole in your car might as well be noticeable like the 3d carbon ones which i have and people love...

tmac1granger33 03-06-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro66 (Post 6253834)
thanks for your input. you might be right

Trust me its scary cutting a piece of your car out lol, and having black, people hardly even notice exterior mods in the first place, im hoping i can get a deeper look so i can add some red mesh behind these to make them pop:drool:...:word:

zkdreads 03-07-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro66 (Post 6253834)
thanks for your input. you might be right

i agree :)

tmac1granger33 03-07-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zkdreads (Post 6256699)
i agree :)

:headbang: hopefully they can get these deeper like they said they were gonna play with them... i think these would sell like hot cakes if they were at least twice the size of the current opening...everyone ive showed these has told me "your really gonna spend that much and cut a hole in your fender for that! -__-

chozn4service 03-08-2013 10:37 AM

I like them and really need something for the gill area but these are a little salty for my liking and taste.
Time I factor in the cost of item @ $259band $30 sipping, prep-prime-paint these are more expensive than I really want to spend ($389) and then factor in install if I don't atempt it myself as I did the 3d Carbon vents.
Good luck for those who do jump in on this.

tmac1granger33 03-20-2013 01:02 AM

any updates on making these deeper or anything... gearing up for my next mod...

jhiiidoc 03-20-2013 12:36 PM

Ports

Are these available...?

ACS Composite 03-20-2013 12:41 PM

I can assure the production version is exactly as on the first post of this thread.

We are tooled up... unless demand was high... and from this thread it does not appear. We committed to tool it up once 40 were pre-ordered. We only reached 22.

We still decided to complete the tooling to deliver the 22, and gauge if demand goes up once these get out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 (Post 6308509)
any updates on making these deeper or anything... gearing up for my next mod...

jhiiidoc 03-20-2013 12:46 PM

So how can I get my hands on a set...?

ACS Composite 03-20-2013 01:02 PM

You'll have to enroll and get in line, there is a list of 22 very patient customer who have already signed up. Deposit is refundable if you change your mind.

http://www.acscomposite.com/store/#!...67&id=14152688

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhiiidoc (Post 6310262)
So how can I get my hands on a set...?

jhiiidoc 03-20-2013 01:24 PM

Done....so now I have to wait for 17 more people?

ACS Composite 03-20-2013 03:53 PM

No, you wont need to wait for another 17 to get sold. We began tooling, actually tooling is complete and working on fixtures and other details before releasing the installation kit.

Original post stated a delivery 6 weeks after reaching 40. Obviously we'll ship before this.

I don't have the ETA yet, but will be posting some updated pictures of the kit early next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhiiidoc (Post 6310468)
Done....so now I have to wait for 17 more people?

ACS Composite 03-21-2013 04:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We are moving along, our molds are complete, this means we have begun Manufacturing Panels, this NOT mean we are quite ready to ship.

I will need to validate the installation kit and ensure it works like it was intended.... Any volunteers ;-)

Here is a glimpse of the first set of parts.

Thanks again for your patience, this is definitively a enthusiast driven product :clap:

chozn4service 03-21-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACS Composite (Post 6316751)
We are moving along, our molds are complete, this means we have begun Manufacturing Panels, this NOT mean we are quite ready to ship.

I will need to validate the installation kit and ensure it works like it was intended.... Any volunteers ;-)

Thanks again for your patience, this is definitively a enthusiast driven product :clap:

Is that each part and the two molds? What is the material and how is it secured to the body? Also I got info that the blackout should be opened up. Why not sell it open if that's suggested per the PM I got?

zkdreads 03-21-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

not bad for a price. but let me know when you guys make them deeper. i think even for $100 the deeper ones would sell like hotcakes. Good lookin product though!

TCAT 03-21-2013 05:45 PM

This looks to be a great product. I wish you the best of luck, as I am a huge fan of your companies craftsmanship/quality. However, I will likely be going custom with the rear vents because I need and want a much deeper look, as well as a unique look that hasn't been done before. If you do happen to change the look, and make much deeper vents, please let me know, and I may purchase them.

RickRay 03-21-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Any volunteers ;-)

Are you talking to me...:)

Ray says you better have a good deal for me :biggrin:

ACS Composite 03-21-2013 09:33 PM

These are not molds, our molds are made in Aluminum or Epoxy ;-)

The black panels are the exterior panels made in RTM Composite and Primed with Black primer. The Beige colored panels are the inner panel mounting rings, also made in RTM composite.

The are made to "sandwich" the OEM rocker panel. Kit will come with the panels shown plus adhesive and a few other parts components for the install.

They are not sold "cut" a black out insert will be included. They can be cut open, but this is done at your discretion...

Quote:

Originally Posted by chozn4service (Post 6316884)
Is that each part and the two molds? What is the material and how is it secured to the body? Also I got info that the blackout should be opened up. Why not sell it open if that's suggested per the PM I got?