Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Exterior Parts & Accessories (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   ACS Rear Quarter Pre-Order List (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242523)

tmac1granger33 03-30-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACS Composite (Post 6338122)
I will be installing a new set on the car, once i do this. I'll decide if this should be an option on the kit...

What's the word on this ACS?

jhiiidoc 04-05-2013 04:57 PM

Update?

tmac1granger33 04-07-2013 01:25 PM

What he said !!

tmac1granger33 04-11-2013 02:54 AM

??????

zkdreads 04-15-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 (Post 6410253)
??????

:noidea:

twentytwelvebee 04-22-2013 02:29 PM

we need an update!

jhiiidoc 04-26-2013 10:41 PM

ACS....it has been a month since your last post...what is the status. An update please...

jhiiidoc 05-07-2013 12:01 PM

From ACS via PM: "We have been waiting for our small production press to free up in order to produce these parts. I apologize I have not gonna back to the thread."

tmac1granger33 05-07-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhiiidoc (Post 6514832)
From ACS via PM: "We have been waiting for our small production press to free up in order to produce these parts. I apologize I have not gonna back to the thread."

kinda rediculous at this point... months without an update or production pieces

zkdreads 05-11-2013 09:46 AM

O_o

zcorvette04 05-11-2013 09:52 AM

I guess not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhiiidoc 05-22-2013 10:19 PM

Well...at least it was only $50 bucks...I'm not getting anything from them either...

jhiiidoc 05-22-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACS Composite (Post 6243050)
We are completing tooling and will begin filling orders in the next few weeks.

I have offered customers full refund plus, so no no losses to the committed customers. We did wait quite some time for the orders to get to 40, finally we decided to tool them up with less than 30 committed customers..

I'd be interested in a refund...since you aren't producing the vents...:mad:

chozn4service 05-23-2013 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhiiidoc (Post 6577668)
Well...at least it was only $50 bucks...I'm not getting anything from them either...

This is sad and the moderators should ban them from the forum as sponsors or vendors. This is total BS and I'm glad my intuition told me to hold up on this from the info I got in the few PMs they responded to hear and no response via their site.

Now anyone with attitude of its just $50 can send me the same to my pp account. I wouldn't look at it as "just" and write it off. I'd be filings complaint with somebody.

jhiiidoc 05-23-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chozn4service (Post 6578297)

Now anyone with attitude of its just $50 can send me the same to my pp account. I wouldn't look at it as "just" and write it off. I'd be filings complaint with somebody.

You're you and I'm not. I'm not elevating my BP or wasting my time filing complaints...if the mods haven't figured this out yet...oh well...more likely I won't put my faith in group buys that are for these kind of products.

It was a $50 lesson...cheap compared to some I've had to pay for over the years...

SummoneR 05-23-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chozn4service (Post 6578297)
This is sad and the moderators should ban them from the forum as sponsors or vendors. This is total BS and I'm glad my intuition told me to hold up on this from the info I got in the few PMs they responded to hear and no response via their site.

A bit harsh considering ACS has had exemplary service on every other product they sell here in the forum, and they have not broken any forum rules with regards to this thread... In reality they could have just scraped the project and said "Here is your money back, we did not meet the 40 pre-orders required." Instead they decided to move forward with tooling etc. with less than 30. These types of pre-orders ALWAYS take time, just look around this forum you will find most of the pre-release product pre-orders do this, I don't know why people are surprised.

twentytwelvebee 05-23-2013 05:57 PM

couldn't agree more. ACS' products are superior. yes some of their products are priced a bit high, but you get what you pay for. after the incredible mess with the concept side mirrors, I don't mind waiting for ACS to fine-tune these quarter ports. I have several of their products so like I said, I don't mind waiting. just my O2.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SummoneR (Post 6579051)
A bit harsh considering ACS has had exemplary service on every other product they sell here in the forum, and they have not broken any forum rules with regards to this thread... In reality they could have just scraped the project and said "Here is your money back, we did not meet the 40 pre-orders required." Instead they decided to move forward with tooling etc. with less than 30. These types of pre-orders ALWAYS take time, just look around this forum you will find most of the pre-release product pre-orders do this, I don't know why people are surprised.

jhiiidoc 05-27-2013 09:09 AM

I'm a patient individual... but I do expect updates without having to ask for them...a good example is the Nite-Owl gb I'm in right now. The vendor is very responsive to questions and quick to notify the gb on delays. When you've taken someone's money on the promise you'll produce something, is it too much to ask to stay informed? The PM I was sent could have just as easily been posted...I waited a couple of days to see if he'd post, but he didn't. I get that they are probably busy producing parts that are being supplied to vendors who are selling their parts...there's like 17 of us waiting on this part compared to the hundreds that have bought T2 and T3 parts already.

Maybe someone else can answer this question...if the tooling hasn't been done for this part, how come the website has this part on the demo car with a part number?

zkdreads 05-27-2013 09:44 AM

i just want to know if they are going to make the ports deeper. cuz if so i will be ALLLLLL on this. and i would find somebody to blend it into the car. so i looks like the car was made that way

Firefighter 05-27-2013 10:37 AM

I want a set I need to make them functional though... I'm thinking about getting in on the GB worst case scenario my $50 goes to T3 ports or the mail slot conversion or even the GTZ hood. I want all of the above.

ACS Composite 05-27-2013 12:20 PM

Hi Guys,

I missed these update post, somehow i got unsuscribed from the thread and missed the updates.

We have been working on getting the kit completed. I do apologize for the delay. Rest assured, if anyone wants their deposit back, we will refund the deposit. We are by no means trying to mislead you or steal from anyone on the rear quarter sale.

We did promise we would deliver parts within 6-8 weeks from having reached 40 pre-order sales. We are actually at 24.

This being said, we still went forward and invested in completing the tooling and production of the parts. We are now at the final stage and ready to produce parts. Unfortunately, I hate setting a date on something that is variable, we are very close to completing the kit. I do thank everyone for their patience and understanding on the matter. You wont be disappointed with the kit.

Feel free to email us directly, info@acscomposite.com

zkdreads 05-27-2013 12:41 PM

ill wait til i see the "final" kit before any money leaves my hand. this thread has been open since August 2012. just keep us posted

ACS Composite 05-27-2013 01:56 PM

Hi Guys,

I spoke to one of you a few minutes ago, and just to be clear...

If anyone would like a refund, it is not a problem. Our pre-order on the item was done to gauge interest.

Simply email us the order number with "please refund" as a subject line, to

order@acscomposite.com

You will get the deposit back, it will need to be either by Paypal or cheque, if the order is older than 60 days we wont be able to assign it back to your credit card.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zkdreads (Post 6594560)
ill wait til i see the "final" kit before any money leaves my hand. this thread has been open since August 2012. just keep us posted