Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Synergy green vs synergy green special edition (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101610)

formare 08-20-2010 03:47 PM

Synergy green vs synergy green special edition

The 2010 Synergy was to be a very limited production "synergy special edition". Many owners of this limited edition were angered when they learned GM continued production of the synergy model into the 2011 model year.

What are your thoughts?

ketel0ne 08-20-2010 04:25 PM

They don't have a synergy model or package in 2011, they have a color.

The 2010 Synergy Green Special Edition, had this:

Interior ❱
• Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
• Jet Black cloth interior
• Synergy Green accent stitching
– Seats
– Steering wheel
– Shift knob
– Manual shifter boot
– Armrest and center console
• Synergy Green instrument panel and door inserts
with ice-blue LED light pipe
• Redundant steering wheel radio controls
• Bluetooth® connectivity for select phones1
• USB port2
Exterior ❱
• Synergy Green exterior paint
• Cyber Grey Rally Stripes
• 19-inch Sterling Silver painted wheels
• Rear spoiler from RS/SS models
• Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist
Options ❱
• Automatic transmission with TAPshift®
controls and remote vehicle starter system
• Sunroof
• Boston Acoustics® Premium Audio

The option package’s ordering code is B2E. The Quick Order function of Order Workbench will start accepting orders for the package on Thursday, January 14, 2010. Production will commence in February, 2010. All items in this package will be installed at the factory, and covered under GM’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
Order acceptance for the Camaro Synergy Special Edition package is limited. The package will only be produced through May 2010. Allocation for this package must come out of the dealership’s existing Camaro allocation.

PoorMansCamaro 08-20-2010 04:35 PM

^^LOL, i thought the first two posts were from the same guy.:bellyroll:

formare 08-20-2010 05:59 PM

I have many opinions and personalities. No I don't, shut up and be quite no you be quite......

Speaking of which ketleone - the only special thing about the synergy special edition was the synergy color option. Other wise the edition is just an optioned lt. What would your opinion be if GM released a special limited edition yellow camaro in 2010 ( along with all the other yellow camaros but with the above mentioned options)...

n!ght r!der 08-20-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro (Post 2242230)
^^LOL, i thought the first two posts were from the same guy.:bellyroll:

:word:

well the special ed. has all those little green perks on the inside, and its a v6. the 2011's are only green on the outside. Its the inside that counts. right? :iono:

John Shields 08-20-2010 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by formare (Post 2242068)
The 2010 Synergy was to be a very limited production "synergy special edition". Many owners of this limited edition were angered when they learned GM continued production of the synergy model into the 2011 model year.

What are your thoughts?

Where are the angry people? They haven't posted here. Synergy is a premium color and that's it. The Special Super Spectacular Never-to-be-Used-Again Edition should have the stitching, door panels, and then that's it. The color itself, like Aqua Blue should be available as a dealer extra for any and all trims for the future. But at the same time those with the above ridiculous edition named cars, can still be unique with their extra included special items.

BackinBlackSS/RS 08-20-2010 07:24 PM

I think it would have been cool to keep the same color, but give it a different name.
So the original guys get something unique, the new guys who like the color get to get it.
Down the line it would make a good trivia question. :)

John Shields 08-20-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS (Post 2242755)
I think it would have been cool to keep the same color, but give it a different name.
So the original guys get something unique, the new guys who like the color get to get it.
Down the line it would make a good trivia question. :)

Wouldn't make much difference... the DMV would still list it as "GRN" no matter what you call it. Let's face it, that's what it is. The package deal was Limited, not the color.

formare 08-20-2010 07:28 PM

Same question to you:
What would your opinion be if GM released a special limited edition yellow camaro in 2010 (along with all the other yellow camaros but with the above mentioned options, yellow stitching, etc..)

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Shields (Post 2242739)
Where are the angry people? They haven't posted here. Synergy is a premium color and that's it. The Special Super Spectacular Never-to-be-Used-Again Edition should have the stitching, door panels, and then that's it. The color itself, like Aqua Blue should be available as a dealer extra for any and all trims for the future. But at the same time those with the above ridiculous edition named cars, can still be unique with their extra included special items.

BackinBlackSS/RS 08-20-2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Shields (Post 2242768)
Wouldn't make much difference... the DMV would still list it as "GRN" no matter what you call it. Let's face it, that's what it is. The package deal was Limited, not the color.

Who cares what the DMV labels it as. It's about having something unique.
This little change is subtle, but gives it something unique.

ketel0ne 08-20-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by formare (Post 2242772)
Same question to you:
What would your opinion be if GM released a special limited edition yellow camaro in 2010 (along with all the other yellow camaros but with the above mentioned options, yellow stitching, etc..)

Correct me if I am wrong but I think the roughly 1700 Transformer edition Camaros were just that. The also still made just Yellow ones.

formare 08-20-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Shields (Post 2242768)

I think that's the rub.. The color was to be limited. The package is nothing more than an optioned lt without the synergy paint. And the synergy color was only applied to the synergy edition in 2010, in other words you could not order the synergy color on any other option package.

formare 08-20-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ketel0ne (Post 2242787)
Correct me if I am wrong but I think the roughly 1700 Transformer edition Camaros were just that. The also still made just Yellow ones.

Fair enough - the transformer branding made the car limited. The color option on the synergy edition made the car limited.

ketel0ne 08-20-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by formare (Post 2242789)
I think that's the rub.. The color was to be limited. The package is nothing more than an optioned lt without the synergy paint. And the synergy color was only applied to the synergy edition in 2010, in other words you could not order the synergy color on any other option package.

And you could only get the B2E package on the SGM.